Forums

Topic: 2014 - Year of Sonic

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

LzWinky

Isn't every year the "Year of Sonic" for Sega? They keep reviving him like it is

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

WesCash

Darn, I was hoping 2014 would be the year of Waluigi.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

shingi_70

Unca_Lz wrote:

Isn't every year the "Year of Sonic" for Sega? They keep reviving him like it is

Well this is supposed to be the big year where Sega goes all out.

The comics series got quasi rebooted last year and UA doing well.
The cartoon series is starting later this year as well.
Sega will be going all out with merchandising.
It's been rumored that the next game will be a total reboot (which is what lost world should have been) or future games will use the Cartoons motif and tie in like the new o
PAC Man game does.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

ThePirateCaptain

WesCash wrote:

Darn, I was hoping 2014 would be the year of Waluigi.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Ralizah

Let's hope the video game is better than Sonic Lost World...

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Socar

Untitled

The announcement just depressed me somehow.........

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Does Sonic even need a "total reboot?"

I wasn't aware that the series had a strict continuity.

"Different direction" is not the same thing as "reboot."

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

OdnetninAges

@CaviarMeths

Sonic Boom isn't running on the same canon or continuity as the normal modern Sonic games (Unleashed, Colors, Generations, Lost World, etc.). Future Sonic games won't retain the story or character re-designs from Sonic Boom. Think of Sonic Boom's world as sort of an alternate reality from the main Sonic series.

If this was a "reboot", or a "different direction for the main series", I'm not sure how people would react to it. I'd be a bit annoyed by it at first, but then I'd get used to it. (I personally only like Tails' and Amy's Sonic Boom designs. I think Sonic's is ok, and I don't like Knuckles'.)

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Socar

Look Stop being positive about this year being the year of Sonic as well as this game being impressive and all. We know TV show games don't do very well so there's no point to this being made as a game since it will just borrow cutscenes from the show anyways.

Also since this is the last Sonic game to be made exclusive for Nintendo, Sega is gonna release games on PS4 and ONE.

kkslider5552000

Artwark wrote:

Look Stop being positive about this year being the year of Sonic as well as this game being impressive and all. We know TV show games don't do very well so there's no point to this being made as a game since it will just borrow cutscenes from the show anyways.

HOW DARE YOU BE HAPPY ABOUT VIDEO GAMES!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ungravitify

In case anyone is wondering this is actually only the SECOND of the three nintendo exclusive sonic games

proof: http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/06/sonic-boom-comes-to-wii-u-a...

Incase anyone can't get on the site here is the peragraph.

Those hoping Sonic Boom will make it to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One are out of luck. Steve Singer, Nintendo's VP of licensing, was at the event to emphasize that Sonic Boom represents the second of three planned Sonic exclusives for Nintendo machines. Looks like there will be one more to round a trilogy between Lost World and Boom.

Edited on by Ungravitify

3ds Friend code : 1504 6894 9383
Name: Rave

FriedSquid

Artwark wrote:

Also since this is the last Sonic game to be made exclusive for Nintendo, Sega is gonna release games on PS4 and ONE.

I guess I'm sorry that you don't like Sonic Boom, but I'm really not since you can't seem to handle other people liking it or thinking it looks good, let alone talk about it.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Romeo

i don't even know what to make of this
could be fun, but could also be extremely bad... guess we'll just have to wait and find out

Romeo

Socar

CaptainSquid wrote:

Artwark wrote:

I guess I'm sorry that you don't like Sonic Boom, but I'm really not since you can't seem to handle other people liking it or thinking it looks good, let alone talk about it.

I said don't have high hopes on this stuff that It will work and all because chances of it working are very low. Look how disappointing Lost World is by many.

Also don't tell me that you like Knuckles and Sonic's design.

Socar

Ungravitify wrote:

In case anyone is wondering this is actually only the SECOND of the three nintendo exclusive sonic games

proof: http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/06/sonic-boom-comes-to-wii-u-a...

Incase anyone can't get on the site here is the peragraph.

Those hoping Sonic Boom will make it to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One are out of luck. Steve Singer, Nintendo's VP of licensing, was at the event to emphasize that Sonic Boom represents the second of three planned Sonic exclusives for Nintendo machines. Looks like there will be one more to round a trilogy between Lost World and Boom.

Wait a minute..... Winter games doesn't count?

OdnetninAges

Artwark wrote:

Don't tell me to not have my own opinion. You aren't me. If you feel this way, fine. But don't try to shove your thoughts and feelings down the throats of others.

And I thought the preview for the Sonic Boom TV show was kinda funny. Just because YOU didn't like it doesn't mean others need to feel the same way. I freaking hate MLP, but I have absolutely nothing against those who do.

Edited on by OdnetninAges

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

GuSolarFlare

hell yeah Sonic's here to stay(but his legs look too long in Sonic Boom.......)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

MAN1AC

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.