Forums

Topic: 140K sold ... Tearaway deserves more !!!

Posts 1 to 20 of 30

darthmawl

This game is in the same situation of Wonderfull 101 . I cant believe how amazing this game is ! Its so unique and so fun to play. Out of the 4 million psvita owner only 140k bought Tearaway . I guess sony fans are realy Shooters fun.

Have you played Tearaway ?

Currently playing : ZombiU on Wii U / Soul Sacrifice on Vita / Mario Golf World Tour on 3DS

MAB

All it really needed was some guns and explosions with a tacked on multiplayer... BOOM! millions of copies sold worldwide.

Sony should have consulted with Iwatas all seeing bananas
Untitled

MAB

CaviarMeths

darthmawl wrote:

I guess sony fans are realy Shooters fun.

Blech...

My Playstations are my JRPG boxes. I own a few shooters, but I'm picky with them and all of them overlap with another genre/IP that I'm particular towards.

• Resistance series (I love horror games)
  • Blood Stone and Goldeneye Reloaded (huge James Bond fan)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution (very engaging sci-fi story and RPG elements)

You could count Mass effect trilogy if you wanted, but I don't.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

JUST LIKE WITH WONDERFUL 101... There just wasn't any good tv commercials for this game. The game also released on a bad day, right?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Rezalack

If I had a vita this is a game I'd certainly buy. It definitely looks like a fun game, I'm surprised it's not selling more copies with the amount of Vita owners complaining they don't get games.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

MrWalkieTalkie

It's as if it's some sort of unwritten rule that you can't make advertising for new IPs, only games that are already known.

Wonderful 101 - No Commercials
Knack - No Commercials
Tearaway - No Commercials

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Blast

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

It's as if it's some sort of unwritten rule that you can't make advertising for new IPs, only games that are already known.

Wonderful 101 - No Commercials
Knack - No Commercials
Tearaway - No Commercials

@MrWalkieTalkie Sad... but true.

Master of the Hype Train

Platypus

Puppeteer also did poorly with 110K sales. Platformers didn't do well on Playstation this year.
Honestly, maybe I wasn't paying attention enough, but this game seemed to have no marketing. I never heard about it until a week before it came out.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

DualWielding

I'm not interested because it sounds like it has lots of waggle, I don't really like waggle specially not in platformers

PSN: Fertheseeker

Kyloctopus

I'll get Tearaway when Sony releases a vita bundle with it.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

LzWinky

Blast wrote:

JUST LIKE WITH WONDERFUL 101... There just wasn't any good tv commercials for this game. The game also released on a bad day, right?

Do you really believe that TV commercials are the only effective form of marketing?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Blast

@DarkwingLz Nope but it can be the easiest way to tell consumers. Youtube can only go so far. Would it hurt to show your freaking game on television?!

Master of the Hype Train

LzWinky

Blast wrote:

@DarkwingLz Nope but it can be the easiest way to tell consumers. Youtube can only go so far. Would it hurt to show your freaking game on television?!

Everyone's online. Why not market online too?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Peach64

It was a silly time to release it, same day as PS4 and Mario. Definitely one of my top ten games of the year, but Vita is dead as it's own machine. It's probably going to make a great PS4 accessory (and great for playing PS Classics on) but I can't see anyone investing in making games specifically for it with those sales figures.

Peach64

Blast

DarkwingLz wrote:

Blast wrote:

Everyone's online. Why not market online too?

Let's be real here. If a commercial of a game popped up on Youtube... most people would click "Skip Ad" because they wanna watch what they want. But if a really great commercial for a game got on television... Consumers might just get interested. Consumers look at commercials on television way more than the Internet and people can actually deal with tv commercials.

There's been plenty of underrated and underappreciated games that didn't get the sales they deserved because of just bad marketing... and that's sad.

Master of the Hype Train

LzWinky

You're assuming that people pay more attention to commercials on TV...

turtlelink

Yea, I generally change the channel when commercials come on.

I think lz has a point though. A majority of the more hardcore gamers will be on the internet more often than watching tv and see ads everywhere compared to the television were I barely see video game ads period. It does work for certain titles though. Sports games and AAA titles during sports games or more kid friendly games on the children's tv networks.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Blast

I bet the studio behind Wonderful 101 had the exact same feeling as the studio who made Tearaway when they saw the sales for the games. What are the exact sales for Wonderful 101? Did it really bomb?

Master of the Hype Train

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.