Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker Level Creation Challenge Thread [Voting for: Time Limits, New Theme: Pink Coins, Deadlines: April 3rd]

Posts 241 to 260 of 363

99mushrooms

Finally played the last couple levels for the previous challenge and my vote is for @eXtremeHippo - Bowser's Bob-om Factory - B9AA-0000-0033-20F9

I will submit my single screen challenge soon I posted it in the feedback thread for now because puzzle levels always seem to have some way around the puzzle that you dont anticipate people finding. Hopefully I get some feedback and can update it as needed and then I will post it here

Edited on by 99mushrooms

Mario vs the corndog farmers 1
BA83-0000-0111-DBEF

Laying pipe for princess peach 2
37FD-0000-00F7-B212

The dangers of shell jumping 1
2D18-0000-0101-C59F

Sky high
752F-0000-0055-28B4

Let me know what you think, I would love feedback and some stars i...

crimsontadpoles

I've seen a lot of single screen levels that have a great puzzle to them, and I wanted to do one of these sorts of levels but I couldn't think of a good enough puzzle. Instead, my entry will be made up of multiple rooms that take up a single screen, but each room has an almost identical layout.

Here's my Single Screens level:

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Zyrac

I'm actually gonna give my vote right back to @crimsontadpoles for Cloudy Claustrophobia. It was indeed quite difficult, but I found it the good kind of difficult - it didn't get me frustrated. And the whole level is one long Bowser fight, so you nailed the theme.

I am unfortunately without an entry for the single-screen theme. So many games, so little time... and it doesn't help that online Smash is so addictive. Roll on the Christmas holidays!

Zyrac

Twitter:

SuperWiiU

iBazly wrote:

CURRENT THEME: Single Screens
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: November 29th, 11:59 PM EST

I know I was too late, but I didn't know I was that late.

Sadly, I didn't have time to finish my level this weekend, so I'll have to save/modify it for another theme.

SuperWiiU

Chandlero wrote:

It seems this thread here is dead. No new theme? Is everybody playing XCX?

No. But iBazly is known for being late on updating after the deadline. And it's the week before Christmas (holidays) which is often busier than usual.
I would guess the theme is Christmas-ish, but there hasn't been a Christmas update for SMM (yet), so I don't know how that would work.

iBazly

Also since a few people already submitted and seem to be itching for a new theme - if you want to get started I was thinking the next one would be Winter Celebrations! Or like... end of year Holidays since I guess it may not be Winter everywhere. This way it doesn't just have to be Christmas themed, you can make it about a different holiday if you want or it could be something like New Year's or Thanksgiving... it's up to you! Or some kind of winter party themed level if you don't want it to be a specific holiday. As always it's up for interpretation!

Obviously this won't officially be happening until Sunday, so please don't submit anything until the thread has been updated! Sorry again everyone I am mostly out of the woods now.

iBazly

Okay team! It looks like the winner this time was @eXtremeHippo!

As for the next theme, we only have five submissions! I suppose that is understandable around this time of year, and I know I have had no free time at all. I will DEFINITELY be submitting to the next theme though, and I hope others will be coming back as well!

The submissions for Single Screens are:

@mrichston - Pushing Daisies - ECFB-0000-0105-2F4A
@Ordepro - Minute Mario: In the Airship - 6A7A-0000-00ED-2811
@LavaTwilight - Dark & Light Maze - B48F-0000-010A-3F15
@Chandlero - Jump out of the water - 7B5F-0000-010C-90BB
@crimsontadpoles - This looks familiar... - 4A24-0000-0115-015D

The new theme is Winter Holidays! And the deadlines will be January 3rd! Happy Holidays everybody!

SuperWiiU

SuperWiiU wrote:

iBazly wrote:

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: November 29th, 11:59 PM EST

Last time the theme in the OP was updated, but not the deadline, now it's the other way around (and it still mentions the voting for Bowser Battles instead of Single Screens):

iBazly wrote:

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: January 3rd, 11:59 PM EST

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Maxz

Oooh, hooray! It's Tinglemas is almost upon us. Here is my music-level-slippery-platformer, Tingle All The Way!

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/12C1-000...

EDIT:

For the current crop of levels, I'd like to vote for @LavaTwilight 's - Dark & Light Maze. I thought it was really elegant, imaginative, well made and nicely balanced. It wasn't a 'single screen' in the purest sense, but then, few of the entries actually were. I really enjoyed playing through them all!

Edited on by Undead_terror

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

SuperWiiU

There weren't a lot of levels this time, but they were all quite good. I'm voting for @Chandlero - Jump out of the water. It had a great combination of platforming and puzzling, and I really liked the last puzzle.

LavaTwilight

It was a hard decision this time as I found all the levels to be really good and well thought out, but I think my vote will go for crimsontadpoles... it was probably the least intricate of all entrants but the one I found had the best fun-to-frustration ratio.

Here's my entry for the Winter Holidays theme, Fireplace To Narnia, inspired by one of the best books of all time: The Forgotten Art of Building a Good Fireplace, by Vrest Orton.

Mario Maker ID - 4XR BYS 5PF

My Nintendo: Mikee | Nintendo Network ID: LavaTwilight

Chandlero

I played all levels and really enjoyed them. It seems the theme name was really stretched this time and I guess I was the only one to take the name "single screen" literally. Nevertheless, all levels had a great mix of puzzles and jumps.

My vote goes to @Ordepro - Minute Mario: In the Airship - 6A7A-0000-00ED-2811
This level was nearly a fixed single screen. I guess, it only moved up and down since there were clouds beyond the upper line. But that didn't matter since the whole action was always visible. The level was very funny and demanding. A very good mix and I really liked the challenge. By the way: Here is the video of this level.

crimsontadpoles

These single screen levels were all quite challenging and very clever. mrichston's Pushing Daisies and Chandlero's Jump out of the water level both managed to outsmart me and I wasn't able to quite finish those 2 levels, though I made progress on them both.

My vote for the single screen levels will go to @mrichston for the Pushing Daisies level. I liked how it was keep fairly simple with not too many different items on the screen at once, but it still had clever puzzles in it.

As for the Winter Holidays levels, I've got one decent idea for it. If it works when I come to creating that level, then I'll enter it.

My Anime List

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Deleteme

@Chandlero: thanks for the vote and the video! You beat my level like a champ Good job on your puzzle, I wasn't able to solve it!

Deleteme

crimsontadpoles

My entry for the Winter Holidays level is Sledge Surprise:

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/BC50-000...

It involves riding Santa's sledge throughout the level, but The Grinch Bowser is trying to stop it.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

My Anime List

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.