Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker Level Creation Challenge Thread [Voting for: Time Limits, New Theme: Pink Coins, Deadlines: April 3rd]

Posts 161 to 180 of 363

Chandlero

I have no time to create a completely new level at the moment. Therefore here is my spooky submission:

LavaTwilight

I guess i'll submit a level if that's ok? Here it is... and I'll have a look at the flying levels tomorrow (tonight I'm busy) and make a nomination

<iframe width="600" height="300" src="https://www.nintendolife.com/embed/super-mario-maker/levels/8CF3-0000-00C3-52ED" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Edited on by LavaTwilight

Mario Maker ID - 4XR BYS 5PF

My Nintendo: Mikee | Nintendo Network ID: LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong ^ there please? Lol

Mario Maker ID - 4XR BYS 5PF

My Nintendo: Mikee | Nintendo Network ID: LavaTwilight

Zyrac

@LavaTwilight: Just post the level's URL and the forum will embed it automatically. No need to actually use the embed code here.

Zyrac

Twitter:

MasterWario

I think I'm going to vote for @iBazly's Para Beetle Mansion. Even though I couldn't beat it, it was designed really well.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

crimsontadpoles

Wow, most of those flying levels were insanely hard, especially with lots of people using those tricky para beetles. Still, the levels were great challenges.

My vote will go to @iBazly for Para Beetle Mansion. I like how this level uses the same idea throughout, but slowly ups the difficult as you go along.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

SuperWiiU

MasterWario wrote:

I think I'm going to vote for @iBazly's Para Beetle Mansion. Even though I couldn't beat it, it was designed really well.

You couldn't beat it? I thought it was the easiest of the three para beetle heaviest levels(yours, Zyrac's and iBazly's).

I'll vote for @MasterWario - Para-Trip.

My Halloween entry:

Zyrac

Last-minute entry GO!

And I'm going to vote for @iBazly's Para Beetle Mansion. I did get a bit frustrated with it, but I'd say that's more the game's fault than anything, seeing as (a) Para Beetle hitboxes are dumb and (b) no checkpoints, thank goodness we are getting checkpoints but seriously why didn't we have them at launch. Anyway, yes, it's a well-designed level. (Pretty much the same goes for MasterWario's entry.)

Edited on by Zyrac

Zyrac

Twitter:

crimsontadpoles

This is my level for the Halloween theme:

This level requires you to defeat all the enemies in the castle. However, this slaughter turns the place into a spooky ghost house. Beware of Ghost Bowser.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

NintendoFan64

Here's my entry: Spook House
D94A-0000-00CE-85F8

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

ecynet

My last minute vote goes to: @Orderpro - The Space Exploration

ecynet

3DS Friend Code: 4656-9098-2425 | Nintendo Network ID: ecy.net | Twitter:

iBazly

I'm submitting my Halloween level:

Also my vote for the flying goes to @OorWullie for Stario Wars.

I will update soon with the winner for the flying levels and with a list of all the Halloween levels!

iBazly

Really happy to see so many more submissions this time around! As I've mentioned before, we should definitely all get to starring each other's courses so we can all increase our level caps! Here are the levels for the Halloween challenge:

@MasterWario - Abandoned Sawmill - 3C2A-0000-00B9-70E1
@Undead_terror - #MMM House of Demise - EBB9-0000-00BC-E5E2
@Ordepro - Cap'n Toad & The 3 Golden Coins - 19F3-0000-0087-FD95
@Chandlero - Ghosts in the Machine (ver1.7) - AC5B-0000-00B3-2033
@LavaTwilight - Ghost Ship in the Sky - 8CF3-0000-00C3-52ED
@mrichston - Boomb Squad - 8ECC-0000-00C9-9057
@SuperWiiU - Journey Through The Lost Castle - 6360-0000-00CC-DF66
@Zyrac - The Scary Doors - 609C-0000-00CE-2053
@crimsontadpoles - Ghoulish Grudges - 6791-0000-00CE-9FAA
@ecynet - Ghostly Ruins - BDCB-0000-00CE-71EE
@NintendoFan64 - Spook House - D94A-0000-00CE-85F8
@iBazly - The Gauntlet - 7DB8-0000-00CE-9958

As for the Flying theme, it looks like I'm the winner! Just a reminder that if you are submitting levels do try to play through and vote as we always seem to have less votes than submissions. For the next round, I wanted to focus a bit on the update that we have coming up, so let's focus on Items for our next set of levels! This can but does not have to include the new tiered item system, though this is a great opportunity to explore what options are there! I know I'm a bit late updating the post but I would like to somewhat keep our same time cycle going, so let's have those in by Sunday, November 15. We should have voting done by then as well!

iBazly

Also I will have the level blog updated once I get home. Currently visiting my parents so I haven't been getting much computer time.

Also, @Zyrac: the para beetle hitboxes actually are pretty much the same as they are in SMB3 and NSMB, it's always been tricky but there are usually only one or two levels with them so it's not super noticeable. I'm slightly obsessed with them which is how I notice such a minor detail lol

But YES omg checkpoints. I'm actually going to go back and remake all of my levels with checkpoints and in some cases tiered items. Really excited to do it, even though it means essentially reposting all of my levels. (Well, not ALL, some of them checkpoints wouldn't work, but still)

SuperWiiU

Guess I'll wait until the update is up before building an Item themed level.

The parabeetle hitboxes might be the same as in the old games, but that just means they were flawed back then too.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.