Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker Level Creation Challenge Thread [Voting for: Time Limits, New Theme: Pink Coins, Deadlines: April 3rd]

Posts 121 to 140 of 363

crimsontadpoles

I'm really impressed by all the No Enemies levels. There were lots of good ideas to make the levels interesting even with the restrictions. It was tough choosing one, but my vote is for @SuperWiiU for A Blind Jump Away From Flying. It was insanely tough and I timed out 4 or 5 times, but it was fair and very satisfying to complete. It was great that falling wouldn't kill you or do anything too severe, while still punishing you be costing time.

@iBazly, looks like you have SuperWiiU as the creator of both Solitary Sprint and A Blind Jump Away From Flying on the first post, but Zyrac was the one who submitted Solitary Sprint. You might want to edit that at some point.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

SuperWiiU

crimsontadpoles wrote:

I'm really impressed by all the No Enemies levels. There were lots of good ideas to make the levels interesting even with the restrictions. It was tough choosing one, but my vote is for @SuperWiiU for A Blind Jump Away From Flying. It was insanely tough and I timed out 4 or 5 times, but it was fair and very satisfying to complete. It was great that falling wouldn't kill you or do anything too severe, while still punishing you be costing time.

@iBazly, looks like you have SuperWiiU as the creator of both Solitary Sprint and A Blind Jump Away From Flying on the first post, but Zyrac was the one who submitted Solitary Sprint. You might want to edit that at some point.

Thanks for the vote. Time can really be a factor if the jumps take you a few attempts each time, there's actually a mistake in the level that can save you time. And it shows as the fixed/updated V2 version of the level hasn't been beaten last time I looked.

crimsontadpoles

I've created a level for the flying theme now:

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Zyrac

I'm also voting for @SuperWiiU's A Blind Jump Away From Flying. I'd like to give a shoutout to @mrichston as well, though. Love the clever puzzle levels.

My entry for the Flying theme is nearly done. Might need to tweak it a bit, though - it seems a bit aggravating at the moment...

Zyrac

Twitter:

MasterWario

I'm conflicted between voting for @Zyrac's Solitary Sprint and @SuperWiiU's A Blind Jump Away From Flying, so I'll just hold off unless there's a tie breaker needed.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Freeon-Leon

How many days are left for the flying themed levels? I'm working on a new level and it has lots of "flying", it'd be awesome to compete against my fellow makers.

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

SuperWiiU

Freeon-Leon wrote:

How many days are left for the flying themed levels? I'm working on a new level and it has lots of "flying", it'd be awesome to compete against my fellow makers.

Four, it ends Thursday at 11:59 PM EST.

@Zyrac: Thanks for the vote
@MasterWario Thanks for the half a vote.

mrichston

@Zyrac: Thank you for shoutout. I didn't understand your comment of hard jumps in first part though. You probably found some unintended way to solve puzzle.

Edited on by mrichston

SuperWiiU

mrichston wrote:

@Zyrac: Thank you for shoutout. I didn't understand your comment of hard jumps in first part though. You probably found some unintended way to solve puzzle.

Does that mean you don't have to jump past the side of the one-way blockade and unto the carefully placed spring?

Blue_Blur

Here is my flying themed level entry: Up And Away!

Good luck!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

MasterWario

I don't think I'll be able to get a course in for this next theme; I've been swamped lately. Oh, well, I still have a few more days to try and get one in, but since I can't get myself to submit a half baked course I don't think it'll happen.

@SuperWiiU: And thanks for your vote as well!

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

mrichston

@SuperWiiU: No, you don't need to. You can throw that spring through oneway-wall, if you jump and time it right. Item there will help you and make it supereasy.

But I am not going to take away alternate solution, because that sounds cool too.

Edited on by mrichston

eXtremeHippo

I only have one level that includes flying and the flying bit is only a small part of the level, so I'm not sure if it's allowed. I don't think I'll have a great flying level made by the deadline so I probably won't enter this one.

Wet and Dry: W6C-N1X-NGG
Super Floatdown Mario: NNJ-VW3-TXF
Rising Tides: DJX-B8R-3QF
Bowser's Bob-omb Factory: LGN-FM1-PSG

Deleteme

Flying contest :
The space exploration 7AB1-0000-009F-D23D.

Deleteme

OorWullie

I just made a no enemy level and was going to post it here but I see I'm a bit late haha.It's been a couple of days or so since I last looked but I was sure 'no enemies' was the new one ,ah well never mind.Here it is anyway.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

iBazly

Ahh so excited about these flying levels! My vote for the No Enemies level has to go to @MasterWario with The Castle that Never Wakes. That was just fantastic! As for my flying level, here it is:

Also, just an update, since it was mentioned earlier: we'll keep this going until Sunday (October 18) so we are back on track with the normal scheduling times, so everyone has more time to vote and submit levels!

Zyrac

Alright, so here's this. I honestly feel like it's not my best work, but I guess we'll see what you guys think of it. It's also another scrolling level, so I hope you're not sick of those. At least I've used every speed setting now?

Zyrac

Twitter:

OorWullie

Here's my entry,I didn't make it specifically for this contest,in fact I made it 2 weeks ago but it involves flying and deserves to be played more than it has

Edit : Wow time goes fast,I just noticed I did in fact make this 1 month ago.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.