Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker Level Sharing

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,405

Gerald

@JaxonH: just tried your Piranha Parkway. I had fun looking for all the secrets, although it was maybe too easy with to exit with Yoshi. Starred.

NNID: Ootfan98
3DS FC: 3909 - 7501 - 9000

Malanta

@J-Biz:

Thanks for the tip - now done another one called Castle Goomba - Check it out 16E6-0000-0030-D750

Malanta

JaxonH

@Ootfan98:
Perhaps you're right. There is another way to the secret exit, harder to find if you don't have Yoshi. I guess I didn't count on so many people finding Yoshi lol.

But I'm glad you enjoyed it. I just posted a new one- Spiny Miny Tunnel btw.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

ninjafox

@J-Biz: Thanks really happy you liked it. I love DKC2 especially the stickerbush levels which was part of my idea for the stage.
I was trying to think of a way to use the vines that are the main theme of the level in the boss battle and thought by blocking off the exit the player had to use them to escape. I added the flames in last thing so just when you think you are escaping you have one last obstacle to get past!

If you have any stages of yours you would like me to try let me know the level ID

ninjafox

edgedino

@J-Biz: been playing your levels so far and I enjoyed the birthday one, the princess is on another ship was a nice one, I really enjoy the toad's underwater séance though I just skipped the star and swam through the gaps between them (i think i'm better at water levels then other level type's), toad steps up was okay but i felt it was just trying to kill me with them blue shelled spike top's also i noticed you reaklly really like toad but ya I think to many spike top blue things, the princess is in this castle was simple and sweet and the flaming cheep cheeps were a nice touch.

my Super Mario Maker bookmark page https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/edgedino?type=posted

J-Biz

@ninjafox: I could tell!

There's my 'Take Your Koopa Kid to Work Day' Level - 9AB1-0000-0024-43AE - and I really need feedback.

Only 2 people have managed to beat it and no-one has left a comment. I don't know where everyone who fails is going wrong. It didn't seem that difficult when I made it and keep playing through and still can't work it out.

@edgeninja

Glad you're enjoying most of them! To be honest, Toad was just the first costume I unlocked that wasn't amiibo so I made a set of 4 stages with him as the hero . I don't really like the Toad Steps Up level but there is a star there to kill the blue spinys! Let me know what you think of 'Take Your Koopa Kid to Work Day!'

Edited on by J-Biz

J-Biz

Twitter:

iBazly

Hey everyone! Some of you who played Pushmo may remember that we used to have level creation competitions here on NL, courtesy of @Zyrac

I thought it would be cool if we had one of those for Super Mario Maker, so please check it out and participate! Or comment on the thread to give it a bump, I'm sure there will be a lot of cool levels in here!

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/online_gaming/super_mario_...

edgedino

@J-Biz: i would think its the fact switched don't respond so people would have to kill themselves like I did but other then that i would say rest is ok.

my Super Mario Maker bookmark page https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/edgedino?type=posted

Rob_mc_1

I had 3 short challenge ideas and then merged them into one level.
Twitchy Feet: 8894-0000-0030-E342

♠♦♣

edgedino

@iBazly: i thought about it but the themes are ehhh, and while i do like the idea it does seem flawed. though I mainly just dislike that only 1 person thinks up the theme's.

Dizzy_Boy

Here's a level I made. You can either just use the d-pad to move, or you use the jump button aswell. I've also placed a couple of fire flowers if you want to shoot.
Anyway, try my Bunny hop level.
0069-0000-0031-634B

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

iBazly

@edgedino : we can always think of a system for deciding on new themes? and people can suggest them? I just came up with one that seemed appropriate for the day. seems a bit harsh to decide off of one theme that my ideas are bad

EDIT: There was also a typo, only one theme should be posted there. Edited it out so now "Red and Blue" is the only theme up.

Edited on by iBazly

ninjafox

@J-Biz: Have just finished "Take Your Koopa Kid To Work Day" the forced bowser jr fight was a nice touch thought that was the end so suprised when I got to the top went through the door and Bowser was waiting! It took me 4 attempts to beat the stage but I can see how some people might find it difficult as there are a few tough jumps in there. It was good fun though with a decent mixture of challenges.

I think something to keep in mind is not everyone is great at platformers so an easier start might be better as if people struggle with the first bit they may just skip it as they will think the rest of the stage will just get harder where as an easier start might make players think they can finish it and be more willing to persevere. Also another mushroom or two wouldn't hurt. I have come to realise as I make more levels to put more power ups in so it seems fairer and as you are building a stage you know it well everyone else is coming to it brand new.

I made a stage called Just run for it where you just hold down Y and right and you finish the stage without having to do anything, you would think this would have a 100% clear rate but it only has 23.68%! 9 people have finished it out of 38 attempts so don't worry that not many people are not finishing your course.

If you want to try just run for it the ID is 3B4F-0000-0021-F2E4

ninjafox

Blue_Blur

Here's my newest and favorite level of mine so far: Luigi's Mansion 3!
I think it's my most challenging level yet, so if you like my other levels, be sure to try this one!

Here's the ID: 6E5E-0000-0031-9803

Hope you guys enjoy it! (It has Luigi, how can you not like it?)

@AlternateButtons: Koopa Dungeon is awesome; I gave it a star!

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

iBazly

PSA: FOLLOW EACH OTHER IN SUPER MARIO MAKER AND ON MIIVERSE

I just realized, some people may not know - but if we want to help each other get stars, you should remember to FOLLOW someone when you play their level and like it! The process is simple:

When you are viewing the level in Course World, on the scree nwhere you have the option to Download or Play the level and are shown a map of it, you should also see the user's Mii in the right corner of the course box. Click on the person's Mii, and it will bring you to their Super Mario Maker profile. In the upper right corner of this page there will be a heart. Clicking on this will allow you to follow them.

What does this do?

By doing this, you will be able to view ALL of this user's courses in course world. To do this, go to the "Makers" section, and select the "Following" tab. This will show you the courses of users you have followed, and give easy access to their profiles and levels.

Just wanted to make sure everyone knows how to do this, so we can follow one another, give each other stars, and make it easier for all of us to increase our upload limits!

MasterWario

For all those using spawers, if there are no enemies on screen you should sometimes put one of the spawned enemy on top of the pipe since it takes a while for one to pop out.

@TheXReturns: I played your blast burn level and I liked it, but I wouldn't put dead-ends of no return in your levels. They're very frustrating for players.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

crimsontadpoles

I've created a few levels now, but this is the latest one I did and spent the most time on.

You better have Burn Heal!: D1C2-0000-0031-8FC6
This level has lots of fire ready to burn everything. I wanted to add some of the plants that shoot fireballs at you, but haven't unlocked them yet.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

shaneoh

@edgedino:
The most challenging thing about them is getting timing right, getting it wrong mostly leads to death, but they can be completed. It's not like I've got a dozen fire bars spinning about while Bowser is breathing fire at you. My first level was made with the tools initially available, and the second with the first lot of tools to unlock (lakitu, spinies, moving platforms).

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

iBazly

I have three new levels to share!

Ghoster Coasters
ID: 3210-0000-0030-D332

This one involves navigating through platforms on tracks while also dealing with ghosties! Also, what's a ghost house without secrets? Be on the look out for those!

Magikoopa in the House of Giants
ID: DFC5-0000-0030-D3F8

This is a combat focused level, about avoiding and killing enemies, with some light puzzle elements and a boss battle! Yay giant enemies! Yay Magikoopa! Had a lot of fun making and testing this one.

Spiny Caverns
ID: 28D2-0000-0032-461D

I'll let this level speak for itself. Really focused on visual appeal for this one - trying out various things and seeing how pretty I could make a level.

Also in case anyone missed it earlier, I re-uploaded my level The Haunted Airship in order to change some misplaces blocks that unintentionally made the level more difficult. Really proud of this level though, it is challenging and very nice to look at, I think.

ID: C360-0000-002F-8357

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic