Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker Level Sharing

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 1,405

Chandlero

SuperWiiU wrote:

I was disappointed with the checkpoints update. You can only use two and you need to finish the level from the checkpoints too(I was gonna make an evil checkpoint level, but that can't happen).

I guess, Nintendo had to prevent that someone is locked by using a checkpoint. Of course, you are not able to make an evil checkpoint level but I guess, many people would use them to troll players. Like they already do it with doors.
But I don't understand why Nintendo limited the number of checkpoints. Since you are forced to finish the level from the checkpoints (which is very good thing), makers will automatically use few of them.

Edited on by Chandlero

SuperWiiU

Chandlero wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

I was disappointed with the checkpoints update. You can only use two and you need to finish the level from the checkpoints too(I was gonna make an evil checkpoint level, but that can't happen).

I guess, Nintendo had to prevent that someone is locked by using a checkpoint. Of course, you are not able to make an evil checkpoint level but I guess, many people would use them to troll players. Like they already do it with doors.
But I don't understand why Nintendo limited the number of checkpoints. Since you are forced to finish the level from the checkpoints (which is very good thing), makers will automatically use few of them.

They could've limited the checkpoints to 8, that is more than enough. But two is very limited, especially if you want to add them to longer levels.
Another downside is that you automatically become Super Mario at a checkpoint, which means I won't be able to use them in the levels I made where you have to be small Mario.

Chandlero

SuperWiiU wrote:

Another downside is that you automatically become Super Mario at a checkpoint, which means I won't be able to use them in the levels I made where you have to be small Mario.

Yes you are right, that is a downside but you can fix that by just adding spikes above or around the checkpoint.

Edited on by Chandlero

SuperWiiU

Chandlero wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

Yes you are right, that is a downside but you can fix that by just adding spikes above or around the checkpoint.

That isn't really fix. And it can hurt you if you're already a costume character, fire mario or a flyable Mario.

Chandlero

SuperWiiU wrote:

That isn't really fix. And it can hurt you if you're already a costume character, fire mario or a flyable Mario.

Yes, I didn't think of costumes. It was just an idea...
However, Nintendo should really give us more options to choose. Not just for checkpoints but rather for a lot of items and level designs.

mrichston

@SuperWiiU: Actually, if you are already costume character, you stay as character. You don't change into Super Mario.
I bet that also applies to fire or flyable Mario too. And if you need player to be small, make him small. My newest level
is actually kind of level where I want player to be small.

Anyways, here's my newest level, first one with checkpoint flags:

Edited on by mrichston

DreamyViridi

Here's my new levels with the checkpoint update. I'll play other people's levels later.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

SuperWiiU

mrichston wrote:

@SuperWiiU: Actually, if you are already costume character, you stay as character. You don't change into Super Mario.
I bet that also applies to fire or flyable Mario too.

I know you stay in costume when you touch a checkpoint, but if there are spikes around the checkpoint to make the character small, you will lose the costume to the spikes. I've uploaded a new level and added another costume mushroom to the checkpoint to solve it, but I would've preferred an option to not get Super Mario powerup on checkpoint. And I imagine many other people would like that too.

And here's my latest level:

Edited on by SuperWiiU

sjmartin

Haven't gotten to explore all the ins and outs of the new update, but thank you all for posting the info! Can't wait to check it out.

And now with the checkpoints, I went back to my 999 level and added a checkpoint at the halfway mark. Should make it more enjoyable for more players, but it can still be easily beaten in 1 run without dying. (Current record is 183 still left on the clock)

Enjoy!
(And I'm looking forward to playing the updated version of some of your courses I already love!)

Edited on by sjmartin

Mario Maker 2 ID: WKV-KWN-KMF
Luigi’s Twisting Ghost House - QHF-4Q9-3SF
MarioKart Fun-Time Drive - 5MY-7TR-HRG
Toadette’s Speedrun Sprint - 6W1-F24-6FF
Bowser’s Boss Fight Bonanza - 5S2-8WF-5KF
Captain Toad's Adventure - V6G-R6L-8RF
NNID: SJMartin

Twitter:

edgedino

Here are two levels i made the first is me testing the possibility's of the new stuff while the second I focused more on creativity then difficulty.

Made them since internet has been down for a while after i got the update luckily.

my Super Mario Maker bookmark page https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/edgedino?type=posted

edgedino

@Undead_terror: give my 2 new levels a try air factory you might enjoy but its not hard at all also try to reach the hidden boss.

my Super Mario Maker bookmark page https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/edgedino?type=posted

NintendoFan64

Two new levels:
The Great Tower (Hard)
A9EC-0000-00D8-AE4F
This level is hard. Chances are that you will not get out without getting hit by anything. Some of the hits are unavoidable at times, but you should be able to beat this. Just giving you guys a warning if you want to try it. Also, I made it so that the music won't play, so you can play whatever song you want when going through it. Good luck.
Airship Walts (Medium)
403F-0000-00D8-5E29
Just an airship level...that is all.
Anyways, I don't have school tomorrow, so I'll be sure to go through some of you guys's levels...after I finish my homework.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

edgedino

@NintendoFan64: wouldn't call the first one hard it was a rather easy breeze to run through but enjoyable, while the second one i would recommend marking easy then again i just dislike airship levels in general and idk why.
I also took the time and beat all your levels, so happy to have internet kinda working now.

Edited on by edgedino

GoldenGamer88

Okay, here's the updated version of my very first uploaded course, Fiery Frenzy in the Frozen Fort. So why did it update to 3.0 and not 2.0 like the others, I hear you ask. Well, Fiery Frenzy has always been the one level that my cousin (whom I usually play multiplayer games with) tried since launch - she has yet to finish it. On her request, I made it a bit easier (less lava bubbles etc.) but kept it to the original layout. This updated version was 2.0. Hence, I named this version right here 3.0. As always, I hope you enjoy myself and I'd be more than happy over feedback.

With that said, I'm gonna take a look to all of your levels soon.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

JusticeColde

I just made another version of DGT.

I'm sure that people can get through the first part this time.

Edited on by JusticeColde

Tecmo Action Bowl 2014 is available now, get you copy today.
Entertainment, turday.
BL Beatmania '15

3DS Friend Code: 5000-5118-3210 | Nintendo Network ID: JusticeColde | Twitter:

edgedino

@GoldenGamer88: I feel that its lacking something what that is idk it might be with the lack of enemy's and stuff, something that adds a spark of challenge or it could be because of the checkpoints making it easier but might i recommend lava balls with wings in big boxed rooms so that it has an ever changing pattern.

GoldenGamer88

@edgedino: Yeah, I'm not totally happy with this version either. It's always hard for me to bring a satisfying end to my levels. Who knows, maybe I'll put more Lava Bubbles up now that you basically get Super Mushrooms/Fire Flowers left and right and have a trail of coins leading you over the ponds of lava. I was also thinking about Winged Lava Bubbles but I think I'm gonna keep that for another one of these levels (this is gonna be a series of four levels. Each time I hit another milestone, I'll create the next level.).

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

NintendoFan64

@edgedino...Huh. Maybe I just suck at my own levels. Anyways, thank you for playing my level. I'll give yours a try today.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

BurningSonic

I haven't uploaded a level in awhile, so here's my newest level called 99 Coins
ID:77E3-0000-00D9-A1CB
It's a easy level, however the difficulty comes from getting all 99 coins. There are three different endings. Good Ending: 0-97 coins Great Ending: 98 Coins and the Best Ending: All 99 Coins. (There aren't any checkpoints because your coin total doesn't save after death.)

Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489
Fire Emblem Fates Castle 16401-82620-88445-74773
My Mario Maker Levels
The Burnloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic