Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker Level Sharing

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,405

GoldenGamer88

Halloween might be over in most parts of the world but here's my (arguably late) Halloween level anyways: Mad Man's Mansion! If you like exploring a level for all kinds of secrets, I'm certain you will enjoy this level!

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Sarah258

Just got the game last week and I've made a few levels, would appreciate some feedback on what you all think...

67C0-0000-00C9-CFEE
6083-0000-00BC-1676
0A39-0000-00BB-DA0D
14F4-0000-00BA-DADE

Thanks! Hope you enjoy! 😀

Sarah258

ajmayhew

I don't know if this has been commented on before, but there seems to be quite a few people on here that just stick their levels up and ignore the ones that are already here. Not only are they missing out on some fantastic levels, but I don't think they are being particularly fair to the people who are playing their levels.

I've decided that I'll only play levels of people who are actively contributing feedback to other people on the page, so if you want me to play your level, play someone else's first (not necessarily mine). With all the levels on here I don't think there's any excuse for sticking one up without playing someone else's.

I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but I'm just setting my stall in the hope that it will encourage people to try out some levels.

Edited on by ajmayhew

My Mario Maker 2 ID: W9G-WQ6-17G

sjmartin

I went back and re-did two more of my older levels. Two levels that I thought had good ideas and design but just didn't fully accomplish what I wanted. I think I'm closer now to that goal.

Mario Maker 2 ID: WKV-KWN-KMF
Luigi’s Twisting Ghost House - QHF-4Q9-3SF
MarioKart Fun-Time Drive - 5MY-7TR-HRG
Toadette’s Speedrun Sprint - 6W1-F24-6FF
Bowser’s Boss Fight Bonanza - 5S2-8WF-5KF
Captain Toad's Adventure - V6G-R6L-8RF
NNID: SJMartin

Twitter:

sjmartin

ajmayhew wrote:

I don't know if this has been commented on before, but there seems to be quite a few people on here that just stick their levels up and ignore the ones that are already here. Not only are they missing out on some fantastic levels, but I don't think they are being particularly fair to the people who are playing their levels.

I've decided that I'll only play levels of people who are actively contributing feedback to other people on the page, so if you want me to play your level, play someone else's first (not necessarily mine). With all the levels on here I don't think there's any excuse for sticking one up without playing someone else's.

I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but I'm just setting my stall in the hope that it will encourage people to try out some levels.

This is totally fair. I follow about 50 different designers on Super Mario Maker. (Some from here, some from another forum, and some from just finding their levels in the game.) 1 Day I work on designing my own levels, the next day I play levels from the designers I follow, and I alternate like that. I figure if I want people to play mine, it is only fair if I play theirs as well.
Now, @ajmayhew is right on one part with me. I'm not as good about giving feedback on here as I should be. Usually I will just leave comments or star the level in the game. I need to be better about coming back here and giving praise or constructive feedback. Thank you for addressing this!

Mario Maker 2 ID: WKV-KWN-KMF
Luigi’s Twisting Ghost House - QHF-4Q9-3SF
MarioKart Fun-Time Drive - 5MY-7TR-HRG
Toadette’s Speedrun Sprint - 6W1-F24-6FF
Bowser’s Boss Fight Bonanza - 5S2-8WF-5KF
Captain Toad's Adventure - V6G-R6L-8RF
NNID: SJMartin

Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

@ajmayhew: Basically, I agree with your comment and personally, I try to play as many as possible when I get the chance/ remind myself of doing so. It's just, that I differ between "love" (starred), "like" and "dislike". Now, I can tell people why I disliked a level but I can't say why exactly I like a level. With starred levels, I usually really like the premise/idea of a level. But levels I liked don't quite reach as high. That doesn't mean that I don't like a level or have a problem with it but I just didn't like it as much as I do with other levels. So to everyone here, when I give you feedback, I will only talk about the disliked levels and why I didn't like them. So if I didn't star one of your levels and didn't talk about it in the feedback I gave you, be asured, I don't have any problem with your levels whatsoever. They just didn't rub the way others do.

PS: If I loved a level a lot, I am of course going to mention it, alongside commenting on it on Miiverse.

DreamyViridi

@Undead_terror: Oooo, watch out. We have a Mario Pro over here! I'd like to think that it's not really enemy spammy but thanks for playing, I returned the favour and checked out some of your levels.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Undead_terror

I'm trying to help some users here and trying to find fun levels as well, 100 Mario lately has been pretty bad lately, so if anyone got a fun level for mii to play then let mii know I guess, just give what gotta be played most first :V

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

zarltok

MiniGame madness

A level with unique tricks. A one of a kind

Must try now!
ID :36BF-0000-00D1-32B1

zarltok

GoldenGamer88

@zarltok: Dude, I absolutely loved your level! The level design is just great and your ideas for the level are amazing, especially the bit with the Big Goomba. The only real problem I have with your level is that it's quite long and when you don't know what you're doing (especially with that Big Goomba), you can easily run out of time. But that's nothing you can influence as you already set the time limit as high as it can go so I can't really complain about that. Overall, a great level so I starred it although I couldn't finish it (the third room where you have to walljump off of moving blocks kills me most of the times.

Undead_terror

My newest level based on Whispy Woods from Kirby, I wanted to see how it would turn out on a Mario game, it turned out alright! I couldn't make the air attack (besides the bullet bills that didn't look good on it), but the rest is fine or at least it should be.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

Question for everyone who plays levels. I'm currently making a skill-based level with checkpoints in mind but I'm thinking about uploading a harder version that you have to beat in one go ala Mario Galaxy's Daredevil Run Stars. Would anyone bother to try both levels? Would it be worth uploading?

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

GoldenGamer88

@Undead_terror: I think it's a good level and nice representation of Whispy's leafs as vines. Always tried to get up there but I guess there's no way, right? Anyways, starred it.

GoldenGamer88

@DreamyViridi: Huh ... that's a good question. Personally, sure, I'd play both, it's a new challenge, especially after having played the level "with training wheels" (with checkpoints). Having written and deleted my thoughts many times now, I think it depends on 1. whether you care about getting stars for that level or just want to give skilled players a challenge no matter the stars. 2. how long is the level. You can be as skilled as you wanna be, when the level is too long and you fail just before the goal, you eventually get frustrated. 3. Some people just play levels to see what it is about. Having played the version with checkpoints, some people will just skip on the more challenging version (or give it a look, notice that it's the same just with checkpoints and leave). At the end, it mostly depends on my first point and I know, stars are always nice but is your primary focus for the level to get stars or challenge people.

DreamyViridi

@GoldenGamer88: Well, I could do with the stars. I'm still at the 10 limit but uploading these will bump my current upload number to just 5 so I don't mind. The main focus is to challenge people who play the level. So yeah, I decided to upload both (with the original being uploaded first) when the checkpoint update comes.

Mario Maker Levels

GoldenGamer88

Now that's the update has been up for a few hours, I proudly present to you my updated levels. Most of them have been updated to 2.0 (except for Grinding Grinders because that has already been 2.0 before so as I only put up one checkpoint, I named it Grinding Grinders 2.1). The others won't receive checkpoints except for my very first level, Fiery Frenzy in the Frozen Fort. This one receives a major update (I redesigned it a bit, made it less hard and redid the last part after the Thwomps (those who've played it will know what I'm talking about) completely). But seeing how I've already worked on all those levels since I'm awake (like almost 6 hours, pretty much non-stop), I'm gonna take a break and upload the new Fiery Frenzy either this evening or tomorrow.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

SuperWiiU

An updated version of my NL Level Creation Challenge level with checkpoints. I was disappointed with the checkpoints update. You can only use two and you need to finish the level from the checkpoints too(I was gonna make an evil checkpoint level, but that can't happen).

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic