Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker Level Sharing

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,404

Late

@Jeremazing: I played your latest three levels and liked them. I liked how you did the waterfall in Super Mario Bros. 2 level. I was going to give you a star but I remembered it after I stopped playing.

@OorWullie: I played Conundrum in the City and My Shell, Ma Belle. Conundrum in the City was an okay level but My Shell, Ma Belle got me a bit irritated. I found it easy until you have to kick the shell to break those 3 blocks that are on top of other blocks, meaning that you have to break one, stop the shell, pick it up and repeat the process. It would've been fine once but doing a hard jump on top of a shell 3 times in a row is bit too much. Almost all of my deaths were because of that. Once I got past it I was disappointed to see that the level was still going and once I died to a huge shell I gave up. The level wasn't unfair or anything but there were some difficulty spikes that I didn't like. Also, at the beginning there's a part where you have to kick a shell to grow the vine, break the block and use the shell as a helmet. I found that 1/4 times it didn't drop down and I had to either stop the shell and kick it again or use the pipe to start over. I've only skipped around 5 levels during my time with Super Mario Maker. Congratulations to My Shell, Ma Belle for joining that group.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Jeremazing

@Late: Thank you for the feed back, I'm glad you liked my levels. I have few more ideas in my head (sure more will keep coming)
That I think will turn out very nicely. Stars are great! helps more people play my levels but just the feed back that you liked them is good too, I like to know if my levels are good or not

Also I'm curious to try your "Trouble at Boos' Mansion" Most likely I will get to play it on Sunday

Jeremazing

CrazyOtto

My first three uploads on this website:

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

MasterWario

I've got a new level to share:

I'm going to try and play some of everyone else's levels in an hour or two, they look pretty good.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Monsti

A new level. Short but I think fun and challenging...Hope you enjoy it.
I'll catch up on some stuff you guys posted here, now.

Monsti

ajmayhew

My new one.

I've found that with some of my courses the ideas you have during making it tend to make it too long and difficult. So instead I've made a bunch of shorter linked levels in one stage. You can play one and finish, or you can take the door which takes you back to the level selection screen.

Edited on by ajmayhew

My Mario Maker 2 ID: W9G-WQ6-17G

alephbetnun

Newest levels! The third one's a new toned down version of my first level, since the considerably harder version didn't seem to be especially liked (I learned my lesson in judging difficulty, LOL).

Edited on by alephbetnun

Mario Kart Main: Mii (Mid-Weight) w/ Gold Kart, Gold Tires, MKTV Parafoil (VR: 3100+)
Smash Bros. Main: Olimar
Splatoon Main: Octobrush (Rank: S)
My Super Mario Maker Levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/redneckgamer3826?type=posted

ajmayhew

@Monsti Enjoyed that. Not quite as difficult as I thought it was going to be. Love the idea of the saw chase. Not so fond of the bit where you're jumping across the level from the edge of the falling platforms.

Scarlet

Here's my latest level, featuring Foreman Spike from Wrecking Crew escaping exploding buildings!

https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/Scarlet

Nintendo Network ID: katarra

ajmayhew

@redneckgamer3826

Three of a kind was a nice simple fun level. I've got a course with a similar idea (though a lot harder) called 3*3*3 if you wouldn't mind checking it out.

30 Seconds of insanity was great fun. I think it's beatable on the first attempt by an amazing player, which is exactly what should happen with a Mario course - for me it took about 30 attempts!. I wonder about the blocks with the single spacing just before the third P switch. It made jumping a little bit random and was the only place where it felt a little unfair. Maybe remove the space from the last two?

I enjoyed Slay the Dragon, but wondered whether it would be better ending it where you go in the pipe. I'm not sure what the room with the coin message or the bowser fight add to the level.

Anyway I had fun with them all so I starred them

alephbetnun

@ajmayhew: No way, I was literally just on SMM and saw that you starred all three of my new levels! Thanks a ton. In fact, I then went and played that 3*3*3 level without even knowing that you wanted me to try it. I was totally thinking to myself that your level was like mine x10, haha. Got frustrated on it a couple times, but eventually I beat it and somehow it all seemed kind of pleasantly frustrating! Like, it made me determined, haha. Also tried your newest course, that one is really creative. I've actually had that same Wiggler idea, but yours executes it like I haven't been able to do myself. Both starred, you've got a new follower.

As for my my levels, thanks for the critiques. I don't totally understand your issue with the 30 second level, the intent was for the player to simply run across that section of single-spaced blocks, then jump to the P-Switch...but you've got a good point on Slay the Dragon, never really thought about not having a boss, LOL. Maybe I'll redo it one more time... Hmmm... Thanks again though!

Mario Kart Main: Mii (Mid-Weight) w/ Gold Kart, Gold Tires, MKTV Parafoil (VR: 3100+)
Smash Bros. Main: Olimar
Splatoon Main: Octobrush (Rank: S)
My Super Mario Maker Levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/redneckgamer3826?type=posted

ajmayhew

@redneckgamer3826: That's really funny. The design style of 3*3*3 makes it claustrophobic I think, so I hope it wasn't too frustrating. I'm glad you liked the Wiggler level, took me forever to get that one to be both fun and challenging, I hope the mix is right.

My comment on the 30second level was just a nitpick. I think if you'rr running over gaps and you try to jump whilst over a gap then Mario doesn't respond (either that or my gamepad isn't working properly). I think I died a couple of times because of that and it was a bit annoying, but it might just be me.

Thanks for following me

ajmayhew

@CrazyOtto: Hey, tried your three levels

Bombarded by bob-ombs was my favourite. Felt under pressure without feeling frustrated.

I enjoyed Sectored Airship, though it felt a little unbalanced. The scrolling section wasn't particularly challenging, but the boss took a lot more effort.

I found Jump Off a little frustrating. The jump's between the Winged Pirhana plants were pretty unforgiving and impossible if you stop for even the slightest moment.

ajmayhew

@MasterWario: Enjoyed Maji-boo valley. Liked the multiple routes. Wasn't sure if I found the secret so had to download to check and, no I didn't find it. I did manage to find all the other routes though. It was a little bit long though and quite tough in places.

Madruga

multicoloredyoshi wrote:

This one I was experimenting with boss fight ideas. I think the second phase is probably the most different from what I've seen done, but I feel like it is limited because of stage height.

I thought it was a nice challenge, but the level feels a bit... empty. It's short and fun, there is a puzzle element, but I do miss facing some goons.

@OorWullie Thanks for the comments! I hate sound effects on levels, and I was just having some fun while creating "tiny Mario in giant land". Some of my friends played my levels and complained they were kinda hard and that there was a lot of stuff happening on the screen, so I decided to take it easy and try something lighter (and kinda funny).

@mrichston I gotta confess I was stuck at a certain part of your level, having no idea of what to do next. Loved the design, though. I'll try again later.

@late I found a shortcut, XD. That was a lot of work but helped me immensely! Loved the level!

I'd like to share a level I love, but can't understand why people fail to finish:

Edited on by Madruga

https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/madruga

MasterWario

@ajmayhew: Thanks! It is a super secret for a reason! Thanks for the feedback on the length, it really doesn't seem so long to me. I'll be sure to give yours a try!

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

mrichston

@Madruga: You can enable comments for some hints. Maybe that could help. Also look your surroundings. And stiletto is powerful tool for killing almost every enemy and block by groundpounding.

I just tried your level. Part where I died was bombing part. I am not sure how I an survive that, because there are so many bombs and so tight space, so bombs pounce back. And you can't carry bombs in smb1.

Edited on by mrichston

ecynet

Some of my levels:

ecynet

3DS Friend Code: 4656-9098-2425 | Nintendo Network ID: ecy.net | Twitter:

ajmayhew

@Madruga: Hey, I just tried your Link level and I think the issue is the bomb sections. I was able to get past it, but found the sections after this quite tricky and died several times. It was pretty annoying to go through the bomb bit each time and I could easily see the average player - who after all only attempts the level 3 times - give up rather than do that again. I got there in the end though, but it wasn't helped by having an extremely useful power up hidden.

I tried your Ghost house though. I actually really liked how you didn't use sub levels for it and you can make your way around most of the map without using the doors. I gave this one a star

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic