Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker Level Sharing

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,405

Scarlet

My latest uploaded level. It uses the Silver Mario amiibo costume and has dinosaurs in it!

https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/Scarlet

Nintendo Network ID: katarra

sjmartin

New level:

Heavily stylized and themed platforming level. Had to use the SMB aesthetic to achieve the required look. Not hard, but not easy either.
Thank you in advance for trying it!

Mario Maker 2 ID: WKV-KWN-KMF
Luigi’s Twisting Ghost House - QHF-4Q9-3SF
MarioKart Fun-Time Drive - 5MY-7TR-HRG
Toadette’s Speedrun Sprint - 6W1-F24-6FF
Bowser’s Boss Fight Bonanza - 5S2-8WF-5KF
Captain Toad's Adventure - V6G-R6L-8RF
NNID: SJMartin

Twitter:

Jeremazing

Someone please try these levels (and my others if you like) and provide me with feed back.

The first one was it's pretty easy, but full of secrets can you find them all? Good level if you like puzzles

Second one is little more challenging, but shouldn't be super hard. Has a secret or two as well in Mario fashion

Provide me with feedback pa pa please

Edited on by Jeremazing

Jeremazing

OorWullie

Just finished my new level and it's unlike anything else I've made so far.It's a pure puzzle level with no enemies and nowhere really to die,well there is one place actually but if you die there it will be entirely your own fault haha,you'll see.It will definitely confuse and have you wondering where on earth you are but stick with it and you'll be able to figure it out.I'm really curious to see what the completion rate will be for this.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Mr_Video

Here are a few levels I'm pretty happy with, hope you'll consider giving them a try!

Mr_Video

GoldenGamer88

@SuperWiiU: Thanks for the help, man!

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

LinkSword

Phew... Alright, folks, buckle up, because this one is a toughie.

It took a ridiculous amount of hours to get this online, and as such I'd really, really appreciate feedback and - sure enough - your stars if you see fit to give them. It's a hundred percent skill-based level, with zero pesky secrets or trollish surprise attacks to speak of. I hope you guys will enjoy it.

Also, if you'd rather check out something far more on the easy side, here's my other two levels created thus far. ''The Crouching Master'' is the first one which I took very seriously, but I think these can be fun as well.

Edited on by LinkSword

LinkSword

GoldenGamer88

Here's the level I was talking about. Somehow the two guys who played it thus far both failed at the one section that is a tiny bit hard. I mean, I literally give you a Fire Flower so you can clear the pipes from the Piranha Plants. It's not that hard: Firstly, have the Monty Mole activate the P-Switch on the left, then you walk across the Piranha Plant pit while clearing them. Secondly, on the other side, there are three blocks blocking Mario from moving forward. Wait for the timer to run out, get the three coins and then have the Monty Mole activate the P-Switch above the pipes. Then you can proceed to the last part of the level. Honestly, I can't make it any easier.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

multicoloredyoshi

Got a list of levels for people to try. I'll start with the one I recommend most first.

This one's a sequel to my Choose Your Difficulty level. One major difference this time is Yoshi can't be used to cheat the harder levels, but instead brings a slightly different challenge to them.

This one I was experimenting with boss fight ideas. I think the second phase is probably the most different from what I've seen done, but I feel like it is limited because of stage height.

I've seen some similar levels to this, but here's my take on it. Multiple ways to get out, some harder than others.

I was surprised with the clear rate on this one. I'm assuming most people didn't figure out they needed to carry the P Switch back to the Yoshi (or at least close enough) to release him. I'm not sure what I could do to make it more obvious without adding an in-level comment, but that would only help out English speakers.

Here is more of a joke level, but you could get yourself killed if you are not careful with the P switches. Bowser could take you out as well, but there are infinite fire flowers right next to him.

Hope you guys enjoy. I'll be trying to go through some more of the levels on here, as I haven't been playing much recently. I do give stars for stars, but don't star mine unless you really like them. I do want to get a sense of what type of levels people enjoy.

multicoloredyoshi

Nintendo Network ID: GWYoshi

multicoloredyoshi

@LinkSword: It took me way too many tries just to figure out that first jump, and then I still couldn't get to the first pipe after many more. While I wouldn't consider anything I encountered unfair, it seems like it would take quite a few tries even if I was skilled at crouching jumps (which I'm obviously not), as it's hard to adjust to the level without knowing what's up ahead already. Majority of players probably won't try the level past the first jump, but if your goal is making something incredibly challenging than I guess it's fine.

multicoloredyoshi

LinkSword

@multicoloredyoshi: Thank you for commenting on the level.

The goal here was certainly to focus around several Mario mechanics and expand upon the sorts of challenges that can be overcome with them. So, although I feel there's a lot more that could be done with said mechanics that I'm just not experienced/skilled enough to think of, it was meant to be a very hard level from the outset.

And I can see that alienating many players, but I also hope some will see it as a welcome challenge or, better yet, a chance to polish some of their Mario tricks and just get better in general. I for one really appreciate levels like these when I see them and I can honestly say I've improved a lot at Mario games since SMM's release thanks to them - as they push the envelope of what I imagine I can pull off - so I felt like doing something similar in my own style. That being said, I'm convinced that if I can beat this, anyone can, so for anyone on the fence I'd tell them to go for it.

Again, thanks for sharing your thoughts. There are so many levels out there, it's easy to find yours completely overlooked.

Edited on by LinkSword

LinkSword

multicoloredyoshi

@LinkSword: That's cool. I definitely think these kind of levels are perfectly fine, my Choose Your Difficulty levels have Insane routes that are harder than I tend to enjoy playing, but I know there are those who want something incredibly challenging. I wish there was a better way of finding levels other than randomly playing them in 100 Mario Maker challenge as in settings like that, levels that take many tries aren't as welcome since there's a worry of running out of lives (that's really only a concern for Expert though). I mean just some basic search options like tags and such.

multicoloredyoshi

Madruga

Level focused on exploration and visuals: navigate through the necropolis and find your way out! Love this SMB3 ghost house theme, it's really eerie... feedback is welcome, and I'll sure visit people who play my levels! I just need some time to go back and try many cool levels I found here...

https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/madruga

Captain05crunch

Hey guys, I recently decided to fix an issue that a lot of people were having with my Mushroom Jungle course which made it quite difficult. I have fixed it and re-uploaded. Feel free to try it out if you haven't already. Thanks!

Captain05crunch

Captain05crunch

@Madruga: I really liked the general aesthetic of your level and overall it was a good design. I'm going to check out a few of your other levels while I'm at it.

Captain05crunch

OorWullie

My new level and I think it's my most challenging yet.This took me around 10 hours and should provide a unique challenge.It's various rooms of shell based challenges that should test your platforming skills.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

OorWullie

@Madruga: Just played 3 of your levels,all were good fun.Tanks a Lot I probably enjoyed the most for the challenge,your boss fight I enjoyed especially.Sometimes they can be a bit frustrating but you had the section well layed out so that wasn't the case. .Tiny Mario in Giant Land was also lots of fun and looks really nice,I had an enjoyable jaunt through the land of giants,maybe a little too much effects though.City of the Dead again looks really nice and was enjoyable to explore.I also like this theme and made a similar sort of level myself,the music and the windows really add to the atmosphere.I've starred what i played,followed you and will be sure to play some more of your older levels and any future ones you do

@Captain05crunch: Just played Descending The Rocky Cliffs,really enjoyed that.A nice long adventure with a fair medium challenge.I've not got time to check your other levels yet but I've followed you and will have a go at them later.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Late

I'm pretty proud of this one:

I created it yesterday in order to celebrate Halloween and sent it to Super Beard Bros (Jirard the Completionist and Alex from Dex) since they're looking for Halloween themed levels at the moment. I filled it with secrets. It's kinda hard to come up with secrets that feel rewarding since 1-Ups are quite useless rewards. I had fun with one of the secrets though I wonder if anyone understands why it's there.

EDIT: Noticed something interesting about my stage. Only 5 have played it (2 of them beat the stage) but there are 45 attempts meaning that approximately each person has played it 9 times before giving up/beating the stage. The ratio is lot better than what I've had in other stages. Of course there's a chance someone played it 40 times before beating it. Almost all of the deaths are against Bowser.

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic