Forums

Topic: Pokemon X and Y Friend Code Exchange

Posts 91,281 to 91,300 of 96,284

TheWindMage

I need a dratini with marvel scale that's adamant nature and can someone explain how I pass it's ability down? I want to breed one with good IVs.

TheWindMage

TheWindMage

@Goldie can I get a Keldeo and meloetta? I have not too much you might not already have though.

TheWindMage

CrownThe3mpire

@getbeat23 hey man i did not clone the bergmite yet guz i was sick but if you wait untill end this month i can get you lvl 1 shiny bergmite with 6iv

CrownThe3mpire

TheWindMage

If I have an adamant dratini do I just need a marvel scale and have it hold it and have a ditto hold an everstone?

TheWindMage

Goldie

@ShadowLink
Sure, just gimme a few minutes to transfer them.

IGN: Akira
Pokedex: 718/718.
Normal type safari, Lillipup, Loudred, Chansey.
Feel free to ask for help, I'll try to answer as soon as possible.
Currently have 83/100 slots.
With the limited amount of slots left, I will be forced to kick people often, if you need m...

3DS Friend Code: 1332-9147-2803

TheWindMage

So does anyone have a 5/6 IV adamant dratini with marvel scale? And does it hold it when I brewed it with a ditto holding everstone?

TheWindMage

Goldie

@ShadowLink
It all comes to down to the dratini, if it doesn't have the ability the offspring won't be getting it at all.
I'd suggest going for a male dratini with marvel scale and breed it with a good IV ditto, may have less chance to pass down than a female with the ability though.
But if you mean to give it egg moves, it has to be a female with the ability.

...You do mean the Marvel Scale ability, right...?

With the limited amount of slots left, I will be forced to kick people often, if you need m...

TheWindMage

@Goldie yes though I've never played black or white so I'm a little confused. If I have a male dratini with moves I want it's child to learn but it doesn't have marvel scale, can I breed it with another female dratini that does have that ability?

TheWindMage

Goldie

@ShadowLink
In gen 5 the hidden ability would only pass down from the mother, so yes.

The mechanics for XY however makes it so even the father can pass on abilities as long as the other parent is a ditto.
Mothers can also pass down moves if I remember correctly.

TheWindMage

@Goldie in other words I have an adamant dratini from soul silver with moves I want my new dratini to have

TheWindMage

TheWindMage

But I want to breed that soul silver dratini with a marvel scale dratini to get an adamant natured marvel scale dratini with his mothers ability but fathers moves

TheWindMage

Goldie

@ShadowLink
It should work as long as the female has the ability you want for the child.
The father will pass on the moves.

However beware... there's a few moves that were gotten through move tutors...they don't pass along, since they're not considered to be egg moves.

TheWindMage

Ok, so if I get an adamant natured marvel scale female dratini and breed it with my regular dratini from soul silver who had extreme speed, that should give me a higher chance of getting an adamant natured dratini child right since they are both adamant ideally

TheWindMage

Goldie

@ShadowLink
Haha, not at all. xD
The mechanics just often change, so you can't always know everything by yourself.

TheWindMage

So, now my question is if that's the case, do you happen to have an adamant marvel scale female dratini with good IVs?

TheWindMage

Goldie

@ShadowLink
Best results would be yielded if you had the adamant parent hold the everstone, it guarantees to pass down the nature.
While the other should hold a destiny knot to transfer IVs.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic