Forums

Topic: Pokemon 6th Gen Trade/Battle Requests

Posts 34,061 to 34,080 of 34,512

Araquanid

What about in the case of a pokemon in the undiscovered egg group? (Legends)

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

jm29

@MegaBeedrill

MegaBeedrill wrote:

What about in the case of a pokemon in the undiscovered egg group? (Legends)

The 2nd part of what I say kicks in

jm29 wrote:

But if it starts on a Japan game with the language set to Japanese it will always have a Japanese name on it if it doesn't evolve

Edited on by jm29

FC is 1118-0718-6131
Safari with Slugma, Growlithe, and Fletchder
2nd FC is 0147-0347-1170
Safari with Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Luxio
EST PA USA and TSV 1563
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49446/

3DS Friend Code: 1118-0718-6131 | Nintendo Network ID: jem529

Araquanid

Ah I misread that part.

What if the 3DS's region was japanese.. but the cartirage was english? Would that bypass the legitmacy check?

I'VE NEVER HAD SUCH PRESSURING GAMES AS I DID TONIGHT...
4DRG-WWWW-WWX7-4TVL
E9XW-WWWW-WWX7-4U4Z
Every turn I kept saying, "I won this, I lost this, I won, lost, if maybe then I could win, if maybe then he could win"

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

jm29

@MegaBeedrill then no Tag on it

FC is 1118-0718-6131
2nd FC is 0147-0347-1170
EST PA USA and TSV 1563

Araquanid

Than that reshiram I gave her was illegitimate then. It has my OT on it, an english nickname, and a JPN tag on it. Yet somehow it still traded.

Rating: 1,608
No. of Battles: 96
Wins: 55
Losses: 41

and I just beat another guy after checking that but I'm calling it a night for ranked to see the next rank.
I got haxed out of a lot of games and ironically atleast 20+ of those matches I lost to were players running something extremely gimmicky that caught me off guard or running the right pokemon but the wrong sets that caused me to overpredict.. all of these players where in the mid 1,400 and lower.. everybody higher ranked I shipped down to the 1,400 ranks.

One thing that's bad is, like I just pointed out.. when you're higher ranked or prepared for top metagame threats, and then a player lower ranked comes along and defies what you'd expect in VGC either out of gimmicks or just lack of knowledge... they become a serious threat as you don't know if those players are going to do something stupid. You don't know if they're good and you have to predict around them.. and you don't know if they're bad and make you overpredict.

For example.. in the one replay I posted, the guy with the heatran was around 1,450 rank.. then I saw the team preview and I got really terrified.. that is a team you'd see in the 1,600s, so my mind was filled with a lot of things: "Is this guy just not good? Are these pokemon standard VGC sets or are they doing to run something weird?" heatran in particular could do some serious mindgame playing.. I could wide guard with my aegislash predicting a heat wave which all, and I mean ALL heatrans run.. however he could be running something else gimmicky like overheat or flamethrower that bypasses wide guard and cost me the game not seeing it.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Lordblackenhand

Leftwingzero wrote:

@jm29 @lordblackenhand Check out my facebook for a new battle code. I got sturdy Shedinja to work in a battle!!

So... Dark Void Smeargle is legal in this competition as well??

Edited on by Lordblackenhand

My 3DS FC 3153 - 5072 - 9253
IGN is Thor (ORAS) or Oni (X/Y), my name is Ben
TSV for AS is 4021
BLISSEY GYM
Double Battles: http://imgur.com/k5hidf1 (At Secret Meadow, top right)

jm29

Competition Rules

• This competition uses Double Battle format.
  • Players may use Pokémon with National Pokédex number 1 through 719, with the exception of the following: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, and Diancie.
  • Players can register a maximum of two Pokémon to the Battle Box from the following list: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.
  • Pokémon brought over from Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2 via Poké Transporter may participate in this competition.
  • Register 4–6 of your Lv. 1–100 Pokémon to your Battle Box.
  • All Pokémon above Lv. 50 in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
  • Only four of the Pokémon you register to your Battle Box can be used during each match.
  • A 30-minute time limit for each match will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. If the outcome has not been determined when the time limit expires, the game will automatically apply tiebreakers to determine a winner.
  • At the beginning of each battle, players have 90 seconds to select four Pokémon with which to battle.
  • At the beginning of each turn, players have 60 seconds to select a move or change the Pokémon in battle. If a player has not made his or her selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
  • Players may battle up to 10 games per day of the competition. Any unplayed games will carry over to the following day. A new day begins at 00:00 UTC.
  • For additional details, please come back to check the competition’s regulations page when registration opens.

FC is 1118-0718-6131
2nd FC is 0147-0347-1170
EST PA USA and TSV 1563

jm29

Lordblackenhand wrote:

Leftwingzero wrote:

@jm29 @lordblackenhand Check out my facebook for a new battle code. I got sturdy Shedinja to work in a battle!!

How I read the rules for this battle weekend yes it's legal and I think I my break out my shiny one

FC is 1118-0718-6131
2nd FC is 0147-0347-1170
EST PA USA and TSV 1563

Cheezmonka

I'm not sure I have much to give in return, but I'm looking for a few perfect IV Pokémon, namely Jolteon (Timid, 30 Speed IV), Porygon (Modest, 5-6IV not Attack), and perhaps a few others. My FC is 2466-2894-6822 if you're feeling generous, hahaha.

Cheezmonka

Leftwingzero

jm29 wrote:

Lordblackenhand wrote:

Leftwingzero wrote:

How I read the rules for this battle weekend yes it's legal and I think I my break out my shiny one

Dark void Smeargle is even VGC legal, just not commonly used at tournaments. Although my friend got 2nd at a Premier Challenge and lost in the finals to a dark void Smeargle, so they are still out there in tournament play.

1848-2349-2268 - David
Safari - ? - Daughter started new game
My friend list and Pokedex are full.
Check out my Youtube channel at www.youtube.com/user/leftwingzero

Lordblackenhand

Leftwingzero wrote:

@jm29 @lordblackenhand You know the drill, I have a battle code and strategy update on facebook for you.

Hey, can Sandstorm / Hail break sturdy Shedinja?

Not that you see much of either of those in the next Competition. Every team will have Kyogre and/or Groudon. Any normal weather will be pointless.

TSV for AS is 4021
BLISSEY GYM

Leftwingzero

Lordblackenhand wrote:

Leftwingzero wrote:

@jm29 @lordblackenhand You know the drill, I have a battle code and strategy update on facebook for you.

Hey, can Sandstorm / Hail break sturdy Shedinja?

Not that you see much of either of those in the next Competition. Every team will have Kyogre and/or Groudon. Any normal weather will be pointless.

It will break sturdy, but that's where I can wear safety goggles being trick room should give me sturdy right away upon entering the battle as long as trick room is up. Then casting thunder wave on myself protects me from sleep, burn, or poison. The only way to stop it, is ghost type curse, rocky helmet/rough skin/iron barbs damage, another skill swap/entrainment, an ability changing move or ability, or roar/whirlwind. Most of these are very uncommon in VGC.

1848-2349-2268 - David

Araquanid

Mold breaker will murder shedinja still as well ignoring sturdy. Leech seed is another one that bypasses everything.

It's really team match up dependant.. anybody higher on the ladder would counter the team first turn knowing what the opponent is going to do. I fought the strategy twice in battle spot last week.. my smeargle completely stopped it dead with dark void.. and after I booted him from the team (kinda meh.. everybody just prepared for him.) I still have answers in talonflame and taunt thunderus. It's a matter if you can successfully setup or not.. and if the opponent is stupid enough to let it happen/unprepared.

EDIT: Actually goggles block all weather, I thought it was only sand.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Leftwingzero

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Mold breaker will murder shedinja still as well ignoring sturdy. Leech seed is another one that bypasses everything.

It's really team match up dependant.. anybody higher on the ladder would counter the team first turn knowing what the opponent is going to do. I fought the strategy twice in battle spot last week.. my smeargle completely stopped it dead with dark void.. and after I booted him from the team (kinda meh.. everybody just prepared for him.) I still have answers in talonflame and taunt thunderus. It's a matter if you can successfully setup or not.. and if the opponent is stupid enough to let it happen/unprepared.

EDIT: Actually goggles block all weather, I thought it was only sand.

Yes, mold breaker wrecks it too. I had a mega Gyrados beat it too. It's still beatable. If it was 100% invincible then everyone would be using it.

1848-2349-2268 - David

Lordblackenhand

Leftwingzero wrote:

Yes, mold breaker wrecks it too. I had a mega Gyrados beat it too. It's still beatable. If it was 100% invincible then everyone would be using it.

I've thought about having a doubles team and adding Smeargle / Shedinja on as bench distracters. Peeps would have to respect them and then I don't even use them. Hmmmmm? Heh.

TSV for AS is 4021
BLISSEY GYM

Leftwingzero

Lordblackenhand wrote:

Leftwingzero wrote:

I've thought about having a doubles team and adding Smeargle / Shedinja on as bench distracters. Peeps would have to respect them and then I don't even use them. Hmmmmm? Heh.

That in itself sounds like a good strategy.

1848-2349-2268 - David

Araquanid

Just DexNav chained my first shiny..

Larvesta in a chain of 9!

My Shinies

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic