Forums

Topic: No love for EA F1 2011?!

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

ZulFoDK

It seems that there is not much love for EA's F1 2011, is that all due to the low reviewer scores on f.ex. Nintendo Life?

I have been driving the game for at few days now, and I do not think it is as bad as the reviews make it to be.

Yes, the AI is horrible at times, and yes, playing races with damage on and rules at realistic gets very frustrating at times, but in my oppinion when you get the hang of it, it is possible to stay out of trouble with the AI. As in real Fomula One it all comes down to making it through those very crutial first corners. Doing so will give you a much larger chance of going on and win the Grandprix. It actually makes the game more realistic that you have to think about where the opponent AI drivers are.

Also I dont think the graphics are that bad. Some of the races/courses are quite beautiful for a handheld - but yes, the framerate does drop at times, and you do see some chopping frames time from time, but in no way it ruins the games, and remember - this is not just Ridge Racer, there are actually physics involved, so of course the little 3DS is struggling a little more with this game.

So, all in all I think it is a good game with lots of option af gameplay - races, grandprix, timetrials and spotpass - but unfortunately, right now it seems that I am the only one in the whole wide world playing the game online (or trying to!!!)

FC 4167-5387-3585 - 3DS Name : Lars B.
I play Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Resident Evil Mercenaries, Ridge Racer 3D, Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, Fifa 12, PES 2011 3D, Zen Pinball, Pullblox, Lets Golf 3D, F1 2011

WispMetas

well the main reason for me is that im not interested in the game.
I´m not really a fan of car games, and if i was going to buy a car game for 3ds, it would be mario kart 7 U_U

3ds friend code - 4339 - 2952 - 2000T

ZulFoDK

katsagu wrote:

well the main reason for me is that im not interested in the game.
I´m not really a fan of car games, and if i was going to buy a car game for 3ds, it would be mario kart 7 U_U

I would not put the two games in the same category - F1 is a simulator, Mario Kart 7 is pure arcade fun.

I like them both

FC 4167-5387-3585 - 3DS Name : Lars B.
I play Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Resident Evil Mercenaries, Ridge Racer 3D, Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, Fifa 12, PES 2011 3D, Zen Pinball, Pullblox, Lets Golf 3D, F1 2011

Bread-Not-Toast

The game's decent ,but not great.
A Wii U F1 would be better.
I'd give the game a 6.5

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

p_pap105

ZulFoDK wrote:

It seems that there is not much love for EA's F1 2011

Are you kidding me? I love this game, and I'm in the exact same situation as you, I go online, and no one else joins me. @Nick-Clegg and @ZulFoDK, swap friend codes with me, we should race each other. My friend code's in the signature

Edited on by p_pap105

3DS FC: 3222-5953-0230
Join mkart7.com for fun Mario Kart 7 related competitions! Get new friends on your 3DS, chat with other members and much more! We are currently holding a Mario Tennis Open tournament as well, but this is a MEMBERS ONLY event! If you want to take part, join mkart7.c...

TheDreamingHawk

ZulFoDK wrote:

It seems that there is not much love for EA's F1 2011, is that all due to the low reviewer scores on f.ex. Nintendo Life?

I have been driving the game for at few days now, and I do not think it is as bad as the reviews make it to be.

Yes, the AI is horrible at times, and yes, playing races with damage on and rules at realistic gets very frustrating at times, but in my oppinion when you get the hang of it, it is possible to stay out of trouble with the AI. As in real Fomula One it all comes down to making it through those very crutial first corners. Doing so will give you a much larger chance of going on and win the Grandprix. It actually makes the game more realistic that you have to think about where the opponent AI drivers are.

Also I dont think the graphics are that bad. Some of the races/courses are quite beautiful for a handheld - but yes, the framerate does drop at times, and you do see some chopping frames time from time, but in no way it ruins the games, and remember - this is not just Ridge Racer, there are actually physics involved, so of course the little 3DS is struggling a little more with this game.

So, all in all I think it is a good game with lots of option af gameplay - races, grandprix, timetrials and spotpass - but unfortunately, right now it seems that I am the only one in the whole wide world playing the game online (or trying to!!!)

F1 is a good series, but the reason it has a lack of people online is because the other versions are better than the 3DS one. Probably the bad reviews drove most potential people away. Shame, as I played F1 on the PS3 at a friends house and that type of game was a lot of fun. Still won't buy it though.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.