Forums

Topic: (NA&EU) WarioWare D.I.Y Friend Code Thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 2,631

Stuffgamer1

And by "right time," he means "when I'm not in my room with the Wii RIGHT THERE, being lazy."

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Tsuchinoko

@Wariowoods your games are amazing. So practical. They're really well done ideas that are actually really fun to play.

@Snookman Do you have Showcase? I added you to my Wii FC registry.

@Odnetnin you still haven't been recognized by my Wii.

I'm surprised with the authentic games from guys like Iz2010, and others, and the fun games done by guys like Warioswoods, nobody has done games based off of more obscure or older titles, like anything in the Mother series, or some of the older final fantasy games, or Pitfall, Super Mario RPG, or even Layton. I would love to see a Mother 2 or Mother 3 game.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

aneotoena

@gabe I just put my sig in my sig just in case.

I added everyone that added me.

BTW Checking my friends crates is failing a lot of times right now. Most of them it goes "checking storage crates..." and after a while "Communication error 4100"

Edited on by aneotoena

WarioWare DIY: 3137 8976 6308

drobot45

Has anyone added me to their DS? I still have question marks for everyone. It's probably already been asked, but what did you guys do to get connected? Did you have to go online in the game at the same time? Or did it just eventually change? Should I leave my game online for while? I haven't tried that yet.

Edited on by drobot45

-Warioware D.I.Y. friend code------

3996 - 9064 - 7056

-Wii friend code [DIY Showcase]--

8244 - 0103 - 2275 - 1056

Tsuchinoko

@Hyperstar96 Are you kidding? I hate tons of ideas, haha

You could always made a Mother 2/Earthbound related game!! or a game based on the original Pitfall...OMG you could even made a game based on Rhythm Heaven, like the trio of singers.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

warioswoods

@Tsuchinoko

Thanks for the compliments Regarding your mention of Rhythm Heaven, by the way, I actually have quite a few rhythm-game ideas that I plan to implement soon, but it does take quite a bit of programming to pull off. One enormous limitation is that you can't alter the music track programmatically while the game is running, so you'd have to use the limited set of sound effects creatively to pull it off well. (The AI on the 8bit game I did uses a series of complex object collisions off-screen in order to fully randomize the sound times, and for more involved music games you'd need to come up with some additional tricks.)

Also, as far as games based on retro games, I'm hesitant to make anything using copyrighted material at the moment, because I want everything I make to be a potential contest entry. Once the E3 contest is over (and once I accept that I never stood a chance in the first place), I'll be more willing to spend time on games of that nature.

@Gabe

Me likes Ninja Slash, very amusing.

Edited on by warioswoods

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

LzWinky

Tsuchinoko wrote:

@Hyperstar96 Are you kidding? I hate tons of ideas, haha

You could always made a Mother 2/Earthbound related game!! or a game based on the original Pitfall...OMG you could even made a game based on Rhythm Heaven, like the trio of singers.

The trio of singers wouldn't be that hard to program....I think. Maybe this should be my next project :3

Maybe not the singers, but a pattern game at least...

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

warioswoods

@lz2010

It depends on how you'd program it. I have my own idea about how I'd tackle that one, and it's ridiculously convoluted, but there are some simpler solutions. The problem is that I would want the timing to be highly randomized in order for the game to have good replay value, and that causes all sorts of difficulties due to the inability to change the music track. The other (much more minor) issue is that you can't perfectly replicate the hold-down-the-stylus approach of the original, since you can only register taps, but that wouldn't kill the experience completely.

Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

sonic_brawler95

Thanks everyone who re-add me so far.

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

LzWinky

warioswoods wrote:

@lz2010

It depends on how you'd program it. I have my own idea about how I'd tackle that one, and it's ridiculously convoluted, but there are some simpler solutions. The problem is that I would want the timing to be highly randomized in order for the game to have good replay value, and that causes all sorts of difficulties due to the inability to change the music track. The other (much more minor) issue is that you can't perfectly replicate the hold-down-the-stylus approach of the original, since you can only register taps, but that wouldn't kill the experience completely.

Well, we should figure out how to get a tapping rhythm game where you repeat the rhythm to the music. Have the time last twice as long, then the user inputs their rhythm in the second run.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

BiasedSpring5

Does anyone know how the sales rankings are calculated? My games never sell well...

BiasedSpring5

SunGecko

sonic_brawler95 wrote:

ATTENTION FRIENDS, I HAVE A NEW FC! PLEASE DELETE, THEN RE-ADD ME!
lol, sorry for the caps. But its so you notice. I transfered all my wifi data from my DSi to my XL, so my DIY data was overwritten. But I have a new fc so everyone please re-add, and also new people who want to add me.

Anyway my new FC is 3094-9648-8037
Please inform me when you have re-added me.

Thanks for your understanding. I also just put a new comic in the warehouse.

Can you transfer DSiWare game liscenses to you XL?

wiichamp425 wrote:

Does anyone know how the sales rankings are calculated? My games never sell well...

I'd like to know too... Mine always do terribley...

DIY FC: 3481-5008-4252

BiasedSpring5

SunGecko wrote:

wiichamp425 wrote:

I'd like to know too... Mine always do terribley...

It has to be an algorithm, right? Maybe its based on points. The more points, the better the game does.

Edited on by BiasedSpring5

BiasedSpring5

warioswoods

@wiichamp425

Do you mean the "points" spent in the editor for each animation / item that you add to the game? If that were the case, you could just fill up the remaining points by creating some large, empty objects and pushing them off-screen, so that wouldn't be a very good system. I'd say that it just seems completely random instead.

Snookman

re-added sonic brawler

WarioWare D.I.Y. Friend code:2708-4154-0402
Wii Friend code:1674-0332-0971-6428

Snookman

added lombax42 and tsuchinoko

Edited on by Snookman

Snookman

just to make sure, I use the wii friend code that I find in the Wii Address book for showcase, correct?

warioswoods

@snookman

Correct, it doesn't have a separate friend code. Which, by the way, is great, because I suddenly found that I already had several friends to share with in Showcase that I'd previously added to the Wii for other games.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.