Forums

Topic: (NA) Monster Hunter Tri online friends

Posts 3,901 to 3,920 of 4,036

komicturtle

Rorylee wrote:

@Komic, I would be down for playing some games tomorrow, don't matter what time because I'm home all day. If that doesn't work for you tell me a time when your open.

I'd say 6PM the earliest. Gotta handle some small business first.

komicturtle

MERG

I am hopefully getting this over the weekend (yes I am late to the game). For online, do you have to purposefully meet people you know to go on quests or can you meet up with random people?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

SuperPeach

Yes you can play with random people, you don't have to be with specific people to hunt. Although the experiance is way better with people you know randoms can be fun too. You never know who you'll be teamed with.

SuperPeach

MERG

Thanks Peachy. I know it would be more fun with people you know but my schedule is such that I never know when I'm going to be playing the Wii until I am actually playing the Wii.

JayArr

Dear MERG,

I recommend you play off-line up until the Lagiarcrus Repel mission to get your legs before you jump on-line. If you find that you really like this game and plan on spending a decent amount of time on it by then..... Buy a Keyboard. You can use any chep USB keyboard. It will make the on-line portion of the game a million times more enjoyable. It's really nice being able to communicate easily. It is insanely rare that you will meet anyone using Wii-Speak so I wouldn't bother with that either.

Once you get on-line I also recommend you start of on the Rookie Server. The players there should be about your skill level and should be nice. =) If you go on the Recruitment or Open Servers you will likely run into elitist and trolls. Just how it is. You also run the risk of them Carrying you through the game which won't help you learn and will suck the enjoyment and satisfaction out of it.

Also, while you are off-line. Try to work for complete armor sets. Don't mix When you get a complete set it unlocks special skills which will help you a lot. Also, experiment with different weapons to find one you really like. You don't have to get stuck into a Great Sword or Sword&Shield. Buy a hammer and a lance early and see if they suit you better.

This game is deep and takes patience but when it clicks it will most likely be the most amazing and rewarding experience you have ever had playing a video game.

Enjoy. n_n

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

MERG

Wow JayArr...thanks for the post! I figured I would play it offline for a while until I get the hang of it. I didn't realize there were different servers. About how much offline single player is in the game?

SuperPeach

The offline mode lasts for like 40-60 hours IIRC.There's a good amount to do.

Edited on by SuperPeach

SuperPeach

HolyMackerel

JayArr wrote:

Dear MERG,

Enjoy. n_n

This pro dude speaks the truth. Listen all ye hunter wannabes!

HolyMackerel

komicturtle

I still have to beat the single player mode (I got to the point where the elder is talking about the underground cave or something). I got SO excited only to see that I needed to do more quests before that final epic battle of whatever monster lies beneath

komicturtle

Joeynator3000

Got chores, then wanna run some offline errands (lol) but will be online later tonight. Y'all BETTER be online...>_>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

I'll be online later tonight...having trouble getting a stupid Pearl...(a big one, need one to forge a weapon, and probably another for an upgrade...lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Splat

I got on late last night for the first time in forever... I played with some random people hunting Jhen it was the worst Jhen run I have ever been apart of.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Chucko

Splat wrote:

I got on late last night for the first time in forever... I played with some random people hunting Jhen it was the worst Jhen run I have ever been apart of.

Jhen+?

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, would you kindly?

Spoony_Tech

Looooooooool!!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Splat

Chucko wrote:

Splat wrote:

Jhen+?

Yes.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

triforceofcourage

Hey anyone up for some games with me tonight or tommarow. I was bored so I played again and I'm a little rusty, but getting back into it.
And there are still a ton of you I haven't hunted with.
I'll keep posted and please go on with me! Want to do some ala runs... Don't want to get stuck with the average noob.

EDIT: I'm thinking about maybe starting a new character. Or just doing whatever with my old one. So MERG, do you have the game yet? If so i'd love to play with you. Ill help you through the ranks if you like.

Edited on by triforceofcourage

monster hunter tri: name: hakota HR 140+ / flipy HR 1 On: every other dayish.
Current games: MHT, Kirbys Epic Yarn, SMG2, SSFIV.
3DS friend code: 3823 - 8517 - 3969
Wishlist: OoT3D, Mariokart3D, Kid icarus 3D, LoZ Skyward sword, and (in my imagination) Monster Hunter 3D.

komicturtle

Oh peeeeeeeeeeee-pooooooole.....

komicturtle

triforceofcourage

I just started a new character. Still hoping for some peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-poooooooooooooooooole..... to come hunt with me. If you want to post here and I'll go on too!

...Dead Thread!

Edited on by triforceofcourage

monster hunter tri: name: hakota HR 140+ / flipy HR 1 On: every other dayish.
Current games: MHT, Kirbys Epic Yarn, SMG2, SSFIV.
3DS friend code: 3823 - 8517 - 3969
Wishlist: OoT3D, Mariokart3D, Kid icarus 3D, LoZ Skyward sword, and (in my imagination) Monster Hunter 3D.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.