Forums

Topic: (NA) Monster Hunter Tri online friends

Posts 3,381 to 3,400 of 4,036

Crazygamerfreak

Also, are any of you on because I might be able to do some hunting? Looking for 6* quests (Mostly involving lagi, ian, and possibly jho but 5* doesn't matter either).

Edited on by Crazygamerfreak

Me old Backloggery
Excitebike World Rally Friend Code: 3051 8498 5866
Goldeneye 007: 1244 - 1039 - 8836
Monster Hunter Tri: Name: Curt HR 150+
There are many consequences for the simpilest things we do.
Kicks are my...

Epic

JayArr wrote:

I was just saying that Ian+ is an awful set. Someday you'll see that too.

Isnt awful just it sucks vs Dragon and Thunder good against fire.

PSN: Epic-ZX

Splat

JayArr wrote:

I was just saying that Ian+ is an awful set. Someday you'll see that too.

To you maybe, one of my favorite things about MHT is that there are so many options to pick from when it comes to weapons and sets.

To me the best sets and weapons to use are the ones you are good with or fit with how you play the game, I'm not a gunner but doesn't mean I don't like playing with someone that is or think their weapons/sets suck.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

SuperPeach

@Splat Epic is a gunner though.
@HMack Yes Damascus is the best for ala but you need to already be hr 51 for the seals

@Everyone Getting on now-ish

SuperPeach

Splat

When I recommended the Ian set I was talking to Zez who I assumed was talking about a blade set since that is what he has used the few times I have played with him.

I don't know enough about Gunner sets to be recommending anything.

Edit: Will be on in about an hour.

Edited on by Splat

Splat

You don't like it so it must suck and no one else should use it that makes sense thanks...

zezhyrule

Thanks for the topic @JayArr, but I stupidly made the decision to forge the rest of the set before I could do the whole thing, so I'm stuck with it until... Or I could just sell the pieces and work toward the other armors sets I wanted. Lots of wasted money, but at least I won't be wearing garbage

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

HolyMackerel

Splat wrote:

You don't like it so it must suck and no one else should use it that makes sense thanks...

You didn't read his topic did you? I quote his topic's title. "Why is Ian Armor Considered Garbage?" Then people answered that question. Not JayArr himself, but other MH3 players.

Summary: Earpugs is the only worthwhile skill in the set and, even then, you can easily gem it in on other armour sets.

@JayArr lol at the GameFAQs noob who didn't believe you when you said you made the topic for others to read. I'll link to that topic next time I need to explain why Rathian+ sucks. Giant Jho + Rathian+ set and Guan Dao = Epic

HolyMackerel

Splat

I never said it was the end all be all I said it was a good set to get till you can get something better and I still feel that way, I got Peco then Ian then Los and kept building up to something else.

zezhyrule

Here, to brighten people's moods, the 12 Pains of MHT!

The first thing in MHT that’s such a pain to me:
A Rathalos just one-shotted me.

The second thing in MHT that’s such a pain to me:
Connection terminations, And a Rathalos just one-shotted me.

The third thing in MHT that’s such a pain to me:
Noobs triple-carting, Connection terminations, And a Rathalos just one-shotted me.

The fourth thing in MHT that’s such a pain to me:
Upswinging spammers, Noobs triple-carting, Connection terminations, And a Rathalos just one-shotted me.

The fifth thing in MHT that’s such a pain to me:
No Jhen event, Upswinging spammers, Noobs triple-carting, Connection terminations, And a Rathalos just one-shotted me.

The sixth thing in MHT that’s such a pain to me:
Damn those charging Rhenos, No Jhen event, Upswinging spammers, Noobs triple-carting, Connection terminations, And a Rathalos just one-shotted me.

The seventh thing in MHT that’s such a pain to me:
Gigginox a-jumpin’, Damn those charging Rhenos, No Jhen event, Upswinging spammers, Noobs triple-carting, Connection terminations, And a Rathalos just one-shotted me.

The eighth thing in MHT that’s such a pain to me:
Diablos, stop your digging, Gigginox a-jumpin’, Damn those charging Rhenos, No Jhen event, Upswinging spammers, Noobs triple-carting, Connection terminations, And a Rathalos just one-shotted me.

The ninth thing in MHT that’s such a pain to me:
Unexpected Devils, Diablos, stop your digging, Gigginox a-jumpin’, Damn those charging Rhenos, No Jhen event, Upswinging spammers, Noobs triple-carting, Connection terminations, And a Rathalos just one-shotted me.

The tenth thing in MHT that’s such a pain to me:
Ian spamming backflips, Unexpected Devils, Diablos, stop your digging, Gigginox a-jumpin’, Damn those charging Rhenos, No Jhen event, Upswinging spammers, Noobs triple-carting, Connection terminations, And a Rathalos just one-shotted me.

The eleventh thing in MHT that’s such a pain to me:
Alatreon combos, Ian spamming backflips, Unexpected Devils, Diablos, stop your digging, Gigginox a-jumpin’, Damn those charging Rhenos, No Jhen event, Upswinging spammers, Noobs triple-carting, Connection terminations, And a Rathalos just one-shotted me.

The twelfth thing in MHT that’s such a pain to me:
Paralysis by bnahabra, Alatreon combos, Ian spamming backflips, Unexpected Devils, Diablos, stop your digging, Gigginox a-jumpin’, Damn those charging Rhenos, No Jhen event, Upswinging spammers, Noobs triple-carting, Connection terminations, And a Rathalos just one-shotted me.

I didn't make this (someone in EU server did), and that would explain the Jhen thing, and the Los one-shotting thing was about the fireballs.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Crazygamerfreak

I'm-a-coming-a-back!

Me old Backloggery
Excitebike World Rally Friend Code: 3051 8498 5866
Goldeneye 007: 1244 - 1039 - 8836
Monster Hunter Tri: Name: Curt HR 150+
There are many consequences for the simpilest things we do.
Kicks are my...

JayArr

@Revas - Yeah, I have a love/hate thing with posting on GameFAQ. You can post anything without getting trolls in their posting something or other. On one hand you have to sort through it for a serious answer on the other hand it's usually hilarious and or interesting. Never boring over there anyway.

@Peach - I worked on my gunning skills all last night after you left. I am getting way better. I still need a good gun for my Ala Set though. Rapid Fire Dragon maybe??? I will have a tough time letting go of my beastly Pierce set though.

BTW, that Ian Armor topic has five times the post in it now that it did yesterday. O.O

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

HolyMackerel

@JayArr Clust 2 > RF Dragon for Ala imo. Although if you can get both then it could be good. Just be careful because Dragon S are pretty expensive.

HolyMackerel

JayArr

Whats a good Clust 2 set up? I really don't feel like putting those cats to work on Dragon Berries anyway.

HolyMackerel

I use this for Clust 2 Ala runs:

Barrel: Rathling Gun+
Frame: Rathling Gun+
Stock: Agnablaster

It's non-folding, has good recoil and reload speed and has no deviation. It's a heavy gun though so you need to be careful when firing and evading. If you want a shield, replace the Rathling Gun+ barrel with Devil's Grin. The recoil will increase if you do that but it may be worth it depending on your playstyle.

Just FYI I always use Damascus gunner armor with it. High Dragon resistance, Health + 50, Guard Up and Reload Speed + 2 really help for the fight. Now before you get on my back about Health + 50, I eat for Stamina + 50 and Def (L) before the fight which means I have maxed stats and I don't have to use as much meat/energy drinks.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

SuperPeach

My ala gun is always
Poison stinger frame
Devils grin barrel
Agna blaster stock

It's pretty strong and holds 1 clust lv 1 and 2 clust lv 2. It also holds para s so you can paralyze him for easier tail cutting and wyvern fire.

It's the gun I always use so maybe today I'll mess around with other combos.

I'll be on at 11-ish.

Edited on by SuperPeach

SuperPeach

JayArr

I really wish they would have given more than 20 slots for armor sets. I have been having delete blade sets that I love for these gunner sets. Thanks for the sweet Cluster suggestion to go with my Damascus.

What rapid fire guns do use with your Ala set though? Also, you should hop on this weekend I would like to discuss this gunner more with out having to bounce a message every half hour or so.

Falk_Sturmfels

I quit this game after 328 hours. I finished all off- and onlinequests. I may come back later, but not now.

Falk_Sturmfels

SuperPeach

@JayArr oh and for RF I recomend thundacrus or rathling+ barrels for RF thunder or fire.

SuperPeach

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.