Forums

Topic: (NA) Monster Hunter Tri online friends

Posts 2,461 to 2,480 of 4,036

JayArr

@Epic - If you take out step# 8 You are the best gunner on the planet.

Though, really I should tell you I know very little about gunning. Though I do know for fact that if you cycle through status effects, 90% of randoms think you are so freaking pro. Though if if rapid fire pierce w/ high raw you are just another gunner.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

Spoony_Tech

@Splat You don't have to do those to get to your urgent but yeah eventually you will want to do them all. The fishing quest is actually very easy. Most of us should even have small golden fish in our item box for sub and kelbi horns for the other one.

@JayArr LOL that's all I was doing last night poison first the paralyze then sleep and last just exhaust.

@Epic Sounds good to me but like JayArr said I'm no expert either!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Splat

Ya, I need to do three more one star quests.

14 unique mushrooms.

6 Goldenfish (I have GF bait I can get 3-4 on my own and then they stop taking the bait?)

Not sure what the other one is I think it is the Kelbi Horns but not sure?

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

HolyMackerel

@Epic Er, yeah, mostly unnecessary. I guess what you've chosen is a pretty good tactic for low rank because your damage output is low. Better to be a support player than to try to kill the monster alone.

Don't bother with poison unless the monster you're fighting is weak against poison. That pretty much means only use poison on Barroth, Gobul and Uragaan. Barroth and Gobul are pushovers so really it's only useful against Uragaan. Sleep bombing is a waste of time unless you coordinate with your team so that they will bring bombs, or at least not hit the enemy after it's fallen asleep. Once you cause a status once, don't bother wasting the rest of the bullets because even with 12 lv 1 status shots you will only cause the status once.

If you're not damage gunning then the only way to be really effective is to build your gun around what your team members are using. If there are GS, LS and SA users, bring para shots. If there are hammer users, bring exhaust. Always bring Recov S and don't be afraid to heal the monster if your allies are in danger.

There's more than that of course, but you're low rank so you don't need to concern yourself with those.

JayArr wrote:

Though I do know for fact that if you cycle through status effects, 90% of randoms think you are so freaking pro. Though if if rapid fire pierce w/ high raw you are just another gunner.

They are noobynoobs. I like damage gunning much more than status gunning. Guns can make a big difference in how long it takes to bring down a monster. I really only use para, and only bring enough shots to use it once. You could probably tell by my playstyle anyway.

Anyone going on? I'm gonna head online in a bit.

HolyMackerel

JayArr

@Revas - hehe. I know. I was just putting a randoms perspective....which is usually freaking noob awful, as you pointed out. I rather have a damage gunner on my team anyday.

Splat

I'm a noob.

Spoony_Tech

And that's way I don't gun that often!

@Splat Yes you are but at least you didn't die last night!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JayArr

Huge difference between being a Noob and a Newbie.

HolyMackerel

Yeah, if you're new to the game then you are a newbie/newb. A noob is a player who has played for long enough but still sucks. Usually they think they know everything about the game too...

No one's going on?

HolyMackerel

Epic

HolyMackerel wrote:

@Epic Er, yeah, mostly unnecessary. I guess what you've chosen is a pretty good tactic for low rank because your damage output is low. Better to be a support player than to try to kill the monster alone.

Don't bother with poison unless the monster you're fighting is weak against poison. That pretty much means only use poison on Barroth, Gobul and Uragaan. Barroth and Gobul are pushovers so really it's only useful against Uragaan. Sleep bombing is a waste of time unless you coordinate with your team so that they will bring bombs, or at least not hit the enemy after it's fallen asleep. Once you cause a status once, don't bother wasting the rest of the bullets because even with 12 lv 1 status shots you will only cause the status once.

If you're not damage gunning then the only way to be really effective is to build your gun around what your team members are using. If there are GS, LS and SA users, bring para shots. If there are hammer users, bring exhaust. Always bring Recov S and don't be afraid to heal the monster if your allies are in danger.

There's more than that of course, but you're low rank so you don't need to concern yourself with those.

JayArr wrote:

Though I do know for fact that if you cycle through status effects, 90% of randoms think you are so freaking pro. Though if if rapid fire pierce w/ high raw you are just another gunner.

They are noobynoobs. I like damage gunning much more than status gunning. Guns can make a big difference in how long it takes to bring down a monster. I really only use para, and only bring enough shots to use it once. You could probably tell by my playstyle anyway.

Anyone going on? I'm gonna head online in a bit.

I only shoot all the bullets when there is another player with status weapon or bullets and I use exhaust bullets but with certain monsters like Uragaan,Lagiacus and Rathian.
Sleep Bombing I always use signal to make other players stop fighting when he is asleep with only 2 L+ barrels is effective.

@JayArr I will never remove STEP 8.

Edited on by Epic

PSN: Epic-ZX

Splat

I'm going on in about 15 minutes.

I think some people get the game and go straight online which is a mistake, I played 20+ hours offline before I even thought about going online.

Edited on by Splat

HolyMackerel

@Epic Using sleep shots and LBB+ is expensive. I'd save them for when you really need it (which is much later in the game). Using them on every monster is wasteful. Not only is it a one-shot tactic, it's prone to error and, really, gunning is costly enough as it is.

As for exhaust it's up to you if you want to use it against certain monsters. I only bring it to help out any hammer users I'm playing with.

@Splat I'll see you on.

HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

@Splat Good hunts. It was fun hunting Lagi with you. Nice to kill him on your first try huh? No deaths either.

@Peach I want Absolute Zero! Wait... since when did we have titles? Is that going to be moved over to NL from Movemodo or are we gonna be lacking features just like the Wii?

HolyMackerel

Epic

I will be on in few secs.

PSN: Epic-ZX

Lyla

im on im bored none of my friends are on ill help any1 or if no1 wants help i need $$$ so ill be with randoms Y_Y

HR 51 favorite weapons LS and I HAVE THE ALA HAMMER NOW I like cutting tails^^ using Jhen LS. I hate offline it is so lonely>< ID is U3R7K3

Joeynator3000

gives Lyla a cookie lol, basically how I fell every time. Dunno, I may show up tonight...then again....>_>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Splat

@HolyMackerel - Good stuff today thanks for the help and tips on armor, I knew I was doing something wrong just didn't know what? I have been working on making a Barroth set, I have helmet,chest and arms done.

@Tech101 - If you are still going on tonight let me know when, I need to hunt Barroth for supplies see above...

I'm HR16 and climbing and maxed out my trusty Bone Hammer.

JayArr

@Splat - Hammers!!!!

Book mark that. You can really do better than a Bone Hammer. Work on the Peco Flint - That path greatly helps against Jaggi, Baggi, Lagi, Giggi, Bari, and Barroth (mudless).

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.