Forums

Topic: (NA) Monster Hunter Tri online friends

Posts 241 to 260 of 4,036

HolyMackerel

@Tech101 Avatar? Lol random. Anyway I'd be happy to help you level, and anyone else who needs help. Me and JayArr are pro against Barroth now, he's no big deal for us (in fact all two-star hunts are easy).

@JayArr and @Becoming THE MAN Today was epic! We blasted that Urugaan to smithereens! And Barioth too. He was easier than the last (and first) time I fought him. But Diablos... Ehhhh... Let's give him another go tomorrow.

Sorry I take so long preparing for quests... the bowgun is really technical. If you use the wrong combinations, you'll end up without the ability to fire the ammo you need. I'll try and register some bowgun sets so it goes faster, but for now I'm still experimenting to find out what works. There's a LOT of info if you just flick through the bowgun parts pages in the weaponsmith's. Then I have to make sure I bring the max amount of the ammo types I want to use. Sigh! But I think my water shots did the trick for Urugaan. I noticed he was targeting me quite a lot even though I have Sneak active. I figured that showed my tactic was working. D:

HolyMackerel

Joeynator3000

Finally was able to fight some new boss monsters, lol. Gigginox was cool...Diablos...ugh, I died twice, we managed to defeat him though. One of the guys said he recorded it though and plans on putting it up on Youtube, in case anyone wanted to see it, lol.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech

Finally killed Barroth. Took 3 tries with the group i was in. Was not easy till we learned his pattern.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JayArr

@H.Mack - Don't sweat the extra preperation time. A BladeMaster isn't allowedc to complain about a Gunner like that. We just pick weapon, eat meal, add WhetStone and Potion....ready to roll. Kinda not fair really.

I'm going to be on this morning for awhile and then try to squeeze in some real life for a change.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

BecomingTHE_MAN

@HolyMack: Yeah, that was a pretty awesome battle we had with the Urugaan. First time I actually got to fight the monster, too. You, JayArr, and I make an excellent team.
I'll be online sometime this afternoon. Unfortunately, I have finals coming up soon, so I can't stay on all day.

Monster Hunter 3 Online Name: THE MAN; Code: RBCJDT

Chucko

turtlelink wrote:

I'm getting it today!

Nice! Your gonna love it. Just stick to offline and learn the ropes for a day or two and you`ll be set.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, would you kindly?

PaupackElite

I played online today and, like always, it was freaking awesome. I went up 3 ranks so im now a HR 5 hunter. I want to upgrade my lance to a Rhenohasta and I was wondering if anyone knew where to find some materials. I need a Rhenopolus scalp or skull or something and an unusual beak. I assume the scalp or skull comes from Rhenopolus and would the beak come from the Qurupeco then?

Good day. ... I said Good day
We have to go back Kate! WE HAVE TO GO BAAAAAAAACK!!!!!
Modern Warfare Reflex Edition 5332-3502-2691
My Backloggery

longtimegamer

Are your ranks online separate from offline?

@Turtlelink: Hope you like it. Ever play a MH game before?

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

HolyMackerel

@PaupackElite You're totally right.

@longtimegamer Offline doesn't have any ranks. There's only the Hunter Rank (HR) online which is a general guideline about skill and how long you've been playing online.

@JayArr I finally got to 31 and decided to stop. Just one quest after you left, too. Now I'm an Elite Hunter!

Also, Jhen Mohran is awesome and fun, but so tiring. Played it 4 times since my team agreed to all make it through our urgents together. And we were an awesome team too!

HolyMackerel

JayArr

@H.Mack - Congrats, man. I need to get to expert a.s.a.p. Nearly all my Lances are maxed out until I can get some + material from the expert level. We definitiley have to go on my nub Jehn run tonight. After that HR Grinding for me. I want to work on a new armor set. This Rathian gear is so last week. haha.

HolyMackerel

Looking forward to Jhen. I think you'll like it, the combat is totally different from normal and it's refreshing. If you've played Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime it's a bit like the mech battles in that. My nub run was AWESOME but I lost so bad. It really just takes a bit of practice.

And I could do with an armour upgrade too, I'm stuck with Rathian as well. I just need to farm materials... I want the Urugaan set but he takes ages to kill. But with the new armour sets maybe I won't have to bother.

HolyMackerel

Chucko

Thanks mack for helping me take down that rathian. I needed both the money and it`s materials. Trying to get rathian armor cause I`m sick of my ludroth armor hehe.

longtimegamer

@HolyMackerel: Thanks.
Well, was thinking about the numbers and stars on the Guild quests, I believe.

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

Chucko

About to get online here in like 30 min. Anyone up for some HR grinding?

Spoony_Tech

Yeah if i were home.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JayArr

@ THE MAN & H.Mack - So stoked you guys help me get that Fearsome Maw!!! Hopefully I will make my Paralyze Lance tomorrow and be stone cold stunning like crazy.

Now I just need my Los Plate. _

Joeynator3000

Ugh...wish they could improve the messaging system or whatever...at least tell us when friends are in a full room or a quest before we write the message or whatever.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech

@BellGoRiiing I know what you mean tried to warp to you and message you yesterday. Got frustrated so just went questing with others.

MERG said:

Chucko

Ray+Silver wrote:

I've been getting frustrated online lately. I keep questing with players that are terrible at this game and got to a point where I was abandoned to fight a Rathian all alone. I still won though but I was annoyed when my last attempt to capture it failed.

Happens to me too. I was once fighting a R Ludroth back when I was HR 9 or 10 and fought all alone and nearly lost. That`s why I always check the HR of players before I enter the city they are in.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.