Online Gaming Forum

Topic: Kid Icarus Uprising 1v1 Tourney

Showing 181 to 200 of 488

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mudjo

181. Posted:

They were quite tough... You did welll, considering your weapon's value < 200.

This is a signature.
I mentioned signatures, which makes this a meta-signature,
A meta-signature mentioning meta-signatures is a meta-meta-signature.
Hence, this signature is infinitely meta. Does Meta-Knight have a self-awareness of his own name?

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8084-2308

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

182. Posted:

:'( I need to play with someone. It would be nice to get an idea of exactly how good everyone else is.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

183. Posted:

@mudjo: haha true.

@pancakes: i'm not very strong but I added you if you want to play.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mudjo

184. Posted:

Thanks for the battles, Morph, I've got to go now (plus my network's on the brink (what of? who knows!?)). So bye! Practise on With Anyone, and try to fuse some better weapons innSolo.

This is a signature.
I mentioned signatures, which makes this a meta-signature,
A meta-signature mentioning meta-signatures is a meta-meta-signature.
Hence, this signature is infinitely meta. Does Meta-Knight have a self-awareness of his own name?

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8084-2308

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

185. Posted:

@Morphtroid
I added you back if you want to play now.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

186. Posted:

@mudjo: thank you for playing!

@pancake: sure, I'll create a room.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

thelegendoflink

187. Posted:

taytrellz wrote:

@thelegendoflink
should the homing boost power be banned also. then all people would do is sit back and shoot. and with the hominh boost, its almost impossible to dodge some weapon shots (black club, angel bow, ex cannon, predator cannon).
and transparency should be banned too

That's a pretty interesting case, actually. The thing with Homing Boost is that it clearly makes some weapons OP, as they become undodgable, but they actually are either banned (Eyetracks, Gemini, Angel, Predator), slow, or with a low cancellation (Doom Cannon, Cursed Palm, Black Club, Babel Club). So what you're left with is that banning Homing Boost would make some weapons with bad homing worse (Centurions, Cragalanche, Darkness Bow). What you could do is make it so only certain sets of weapons/powers are banned, that way some weapons can come out of the banlist, but that would require a deeper understanding on the metagame, something I currently don't have. So our banlist can do for now, although it's not perfect.

Currently playing online: Kid Icarus Uprising.

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2131-6340

AuthorMessage
Avatar

taytrellz

188. Posted:

thelegendoflink wrote:

taytrellz wrote:

@thelegendoflink
should the homing boost power be banned also. then all people would do is sit back and shoot. and with the hominh boost, its almost impossible to dodge some weapon shots (black club, angel bow, ex cannon, predator cannon).
and transparency should be banned too

That's a pretty interesting case, actually. The thing with Homing Boost is that it clearly makes some weapons OP, as they become undodgable, but they actually are either banned (Eyetracks, Gemini, Angel, Predator), slow, or with a low cancellation (Doom Cannon, Cursed Palm, Black Club, Babel Club). So what you're left with is that banning Homing Boost would make some weapons with bad homing worse (Centurions, Cragalanche, Darkness Bow). What you could do is make it so only certain sets of weapons/powers are banned, that way some weapons can come out of the banlist, but that would require a deeper understanding on the metagame, something I currently don't have. So our banlist can do for now, although it's not perfect.

what about transparency?

Nintendo 3DS FC 0817 5078 1985

Kid Icarus on Facebook? https://www.facebook.com/groups/520393284677184/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Miss_Pixelheart

189. Posted:

taytrellz wrote:

thelegendoflink wrote:

taytrellz wrote:

@thelegendoflink
should the homing boost power be banned also. then all people would do is sit back and shoot. and with the hominh boost, its almost impossible to dodge some weapon shots (black club, angel bow, ex cannon, predator cannon).
and transparency should be banned too

That's a pretty interesting case, actually. The thing with Homing Boost is that it clearly makes some weapons OP, as they become undodgable, but they actually are either banned (Eyetracks, Gemini, Angel, Predator), slow, or with a low cancellation (Doom Cannon, Cursed Palm, Black Club, Babel Club). So what you're left with is that banning Homing Boost would make some weapons with bad homing worse (Centurions, Cragalanche, Darkness Bow). What you could do is make it so only certain sets of weapons/powers are banned, that way some weapons can come out of the banlist, but that would require a deeper understanding on the metagame, something I currently don't have. So our banlist can do for now, although it's not perfect.

what about transparency?

What about no good weapons and powers? :/ seriously...

Miss_Pixelheart

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sonicman

190. Posted:

Glad to see that some people have little faith in me. I'm currently doing good on my project (OP Cancer Claws) also, may whip up a palm for the tourney if I find the time.

Sonicman

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6552-4609 | Nintendo Network ID: Sonicman1011

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

191. Posted:

Once again, I'm happy to participate in some pre-tourney matches if anyone would like to play. Just let me know! :3

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tricoloryoshi

192. Posted:

Blaze wrote:

Once again, I'm happy to participate in some pre-tourney matches if anyone would like to play. Just let me know! :3

I'm up for it~

I izz anti-not good at teh grammerrzz.
If at first you don't succeed, ragequit.
Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.
Love is too mainstream, haters gonna hate~
my bio by @true_hero
Here is a link. Click it!!! щ(ಠ益ಠщ)

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

taytrellz

193. Posted:

so how do we know who we are up against?
and @Sonicman @Blaze im about to add you guys in about 30 minutes so add me back please! :)

Nintendo 3DS FC 0817 5078 1985

Kid Icarus on Facebook? https://www.facebook.com/groups/520393284677184/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tricoloryoshi

194. Posted:

Good games! :) you've really improved, thank you, I've learned a lot from our battles, like how much I hate invisibility. :|
Edit: sorry to leave so soon, imma eat pizza.

Edited on by Tricoloryoshi

I izz anti-not good at teh grammerrzz.
If at first you don't succeed, ragequit.
Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.
Love is too mainstream, haters gonna hate~
my bio by @true_hero
Here is a link. Click it!!! щ(ಠ益ಠщ)

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

195. Posted:

Tricoloryoshi wrote:

Good games! :) you've really improved, thank you, I've learned a lot from our battles, like how much I hate invisibility. :|
Edit: sorry to leave so soon, imma eat pizza.

lol, sorry for spamming invisibility so much. and wow I actually managed to scrape a victory from one of our ten or so games. Thanks for the matches though! :)

Edited on by Bacon_Gal_Blaze

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

196. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

BTW, here's a forum image of the first round.

Untitled

Here's the tournament ladder.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tricoloryoshi

197. Posted:

Blaze wrote:

Tricoloryoshi wrote:

Good games! :) you've really improved, thank you, I've learned a lot from our battles, like how much I hate invisibility. :|
Edit: sorry to leave so soon, imma eat pizza.

lol, sorry for spamming invisibility so much. and wow I actually managed to scrape a victory from one of our ten or so games. Thanks for the matches though! :)

:p it's fine, it made things a lot more difficult for me but its a legitimate strategy so it's fine~

I izz anti-not good at teh grammerrzz.
If at first you don't succeed, ragequit.
Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.
Love is too mainstream, haters gonna hate~
my bio by @true_hero
Here is a link. Click it!!! щ(ಠ益ಠщ)

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

thelegendoflink

198. Posted:

@Blaze beat me to the epic tourney start announcement :'( . Anyways, the deadline has been reached and it's finally time to fight! Look at the image above for the final brackets, the first game was already done by TheLilK98 and Aquilalex. So, without further ado, it's time to fight for honor, bragging rights and fun!

Edited on by thelegendoflink

Currently playing online: Kid Icarus Uprising.

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2131-6340

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

199. Posted:

I'm ready when you are, Anthony!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

200. Posted:

:'( I have to fight against Knuckles.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes