Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 601 to 620 of 10,277

OBI-001

grenworthshero,im intreasted in what your controll settings are. does anyone else have the same problem with the wii remote not responding for first couple of seconds of every game also some times seems to get a bit of centre.

OBI-001

muunkyboy

I think the response bit might be down to your batteries. I got some better matteries and play is much smoother now. That said, occasionally, I have problems turning, always seems to be crucial moments like being shot in the back lol. My biggest gripe at the moment is really bad network lag. If someone in your group has a bad wi-fi connection, the framerate drops to a crawl. Real annoying!

Goldeneye FC: 1473 1684 4140 [NL] Rik

grenworthshero

I think you just have to get used to your control scheme. I customized mine so I know exactly where I need to point the wiimote to turn myself, and I adjusted the aiming sensitivity, too. I still screw up sometimes, and I hit the dead zone on the screen, still, which leads to many of my deaths, especially when I get excited during intense fights, and move my wrist a little too much. I made sure to change the settings to make the pointer control both horizontal and vertical look, so there wont be that automatic lookspring going up stairs, and especially in Memorial.

For the first time since I started playing the game, I was crawling under one of the huts on Outpost and I just fell through the floor. Luckily I just "died" and it restarted me, rather than freezing me there forever, though it didn't count it as a death in my score.

Does anyone else have the problem with the SLY 2020 shotgun randomly not having ammo anymore? I start out with 9 shells, (I have the magazine extender upgrade) and after shooting off a couple, I will all of the sudden have only two or three shells left. I don't know why.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

muunkyboy

Good tip m8, I changed my scheme to one of the more advanced one's, works much better. I'm online now if anyone wants to ad / invite me [NL] Rik - 1473 1684 4140

grenworthshero

Sorry, Rik, OBI, I have to get to bed. It's almost 6 am where I live. Those were a fun few games we had, though. I'm starting to like Golden Gun more and more. I used to hate it.

muunkyboy

grrr! will hosts stop quitting mid game!!!!

romulux

grenworthshero wrote:

For the first time since I started playing the game, I was crawling under one of the huts on Outpost and I just fell through the floor.

Does anyone else have the problem with the SLY 2020 shotgun randomly not having ammo anymore?

i ran into the building in memorial on single player that has the hackable turret and snipers outside without being spotted once, and the moment i ran into the door i fell right through the floor and died, so i guess it happens rarely.

i've also had the ammo issue you're talking about, it happens with every gun. there's nothing more frustrating than freshly spawning, charging into a room full of people who haven't seen you yet, then getting off 3 rounds and having your gun start to reload. it happens when running over discarded weapons on the floor.

OBI-001 wrote:

does anyone else have the same problem with the wii remote not responding for first couple of seconds of every game also some times seems to get a bit of centre.

nope. the remote controls only have two glitches i'm aware of (both possibly the same glitch). the aiming down sights dead zone will not respond to your cursor movement when set tightly with high sensitivity. you'll get to the point where it should be turning and it won't. then it'll all of the sudden kick in, which sends the camera flying everywhere.

the other problem is just that the dead zones will just occasionally have a seizure. it's usually after pressing A to sprint, but it can happen anytime. the camera will just start to jerk in different directions before returning to normal after a second. it really sucks when this happens at a critical moment. my guess is that the game has trouble distinguishing your "sprint" button press as a "freeze camera" button press (the camera locks when you hold A). the game turns your dead zones off to lock the camera in place and when they come back on, and you're already moving your cursor around, it goes haywire.

i get the sense that the universal use of the A button is what causes these things to happen. it does too many tasks and the game can't seem to interpret which you're trying to do correctly enough of the time. press it to sprint over a gun and it gives you a partially spent clip because it thinks you're holding A to pick it up, or it thinks you're pressing A to hold the camera still and turns off your dead zone.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

grenworthshero

aah, thanks. I never really noticed that problem with the other guns, but I guess it's because it's so much more important to keep track of your ammo with the shotgun, but, now that I think of it, I guess that's why sometimes your ammo is completely refilled after killing an opponent. I just assumed it happened sometimes if you kill someone with the same weapon or did something special like a headshot, but I never paid much attention.

RDB

Yea, we had some good games last night... but I'm no good compared to you all. I was struggling to keep up with your kill counts. I'm learning some of the secrets though. After we split, I played some single combat and did really well. I guess playing with nl folks just makes me that much better than most others.

And yea, our team really ruled the team combat when we played. Next time we should try heroes. I've had fun playing it, but would be even better with a team that actually worked together.

Will be back on tonight (it's morning right now). Still getting used to the time zone differences for some of us.

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

Spoony_Tech

You know with the advanced 2 and 3 settings I never have any control issues. No dead zone glitches or anything like that. I use to have those problems when I used my own settings. The presets work great give them a try!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

romulux

i did try switching back to setting 3 for a while. those preset settings are slow enough that the dead zones behave, but that's too slow for me. they feel great in their own way, but i've gotten too used to high sensitivity to use them.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

muunkyboy

grenworthshero wrote:

Sorry, Rik, OBI, I have to get to bed. It's almost 6 am where I live. Those were a fun few games we had, though. I'm starting to like Golden Gun more and more. I used to hate it.

No worries fella, see you again sometime.

Arigner

My TV is too small and too near to use the Wii Mote correctly... I use the CCPro and I'm pretty good up so far with it! (It does daze me that Im able to confront some with a scheme way more adaptable than mine... oh well!)

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

muunkyboy

WP RDB, nice work.

Tasuki

Arigner wrote:

My TV is too small and too near to use the Wii Mote correctly... I use the CCPro and I'm pretty good up so far with it! (It does daze me that Im able to confront some with a scheme way more adaptable than mine... oh well!)

I find that my bed is too low for the Wii remote to work correctly unless I stand up lol. And unfortunately I dont have the room for a chair so I am forced to use the CC.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

composerzane

i'm on right now if anyone is up for it

GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Friend Code: 1903 1484 4201 - tag: [NL] Zane
check out my music @ www.myspace.com/meauxdal

Oregano

Sorry I haven't been on the last couple of days guys, been working on stuff. I should be getting back into the game in a day or two.

Bet all you guys have left me in the dust levelwise.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

RDB

I'll be back on later this evening. I love being silenced...

Let's try some heroes if anyone is up for it. Could be fun with some level of coordination.

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

grenworthshero

There's a good chance I'll be on later tonight. Right now I'm off to go see Harry Potter. Alone. Because I'm lame. And awesome.

OBI-001

gren so wich one are you lamely awesome or awesomely lame. should be on tonight to

OBI-001

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.