Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 5,841 to 5,860 of 10,277

Mabbit

I'm planning on playing this summer. I haven't been able to play at all lately because of school

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Chris720

PC gaming is so refreshing. No lag, no glitches and... oh... worser controls.

I really don't know when I can get back into this. You guys seem to all be going on about this clan crap, been there, done that and I have to be honest, it's boring as hell.

I don't understand why we can't avoid all this clan stuff and just have fun playing as a big group together? Sure, the numbers decreased but that's no reason to be going "Lets form an NL clan" and I'm gonna be honest here... it's only after Ultima came back from a clan and shortly after "LETS GO TO WAR PPL", no offense.

But whatever, just don't count me in. :/

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

NiteWingX

I use Golden Classic Controller!

Goldeneye FC: 178244536237. NiteWing[SD] Level:56!.

Mabbit

Sorry, I haven't participated in this thread for a while, so I don't know the full story, but if you guys are thinking of starting a clan, you should probably relocate to a different forum like Gamespot so you can recruit new members.

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

romulux

alright RDB, we'll do the hero business tomorrow. get your proxies before then!

demon, a clan to me isn't about fighting other groups, just keeping our usual playing together. i'm willing to challenge other clans and it can be fun but i don't like doing it much more than you seem to, being forced to use a masterton, proxies and downsight snap to keep up always bothers me. a clan can be about fun stuff like pistols only and the hero thing we're trying instead of just fighting other groups for dominance.

Tech101 wrote:

@Romulux. When you get your 3ds I want your friend code. How did you like chrono trigger?

i've got it now! i'll put my code in the 3DS thread later, although i won't have anything to play until mercenaries (which actually sounds like it'd be a lot of fun to team up on). chrono trigger is great, i thought secret of mana was as good as it got. definitely nice to switch FPS for RPG for a while.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Chris720

@Romulux Clans really aren't a pretty thing to me, it's all about winning and if you don't win you get scourged for it. Also, you need to be right on top of things, having the best guns, perk etc. so your team will always win. I just lose the fun in playing after a while, I just don't see the appeal at all.

The other thing is, you have to be the best of the best to participate, how boring. I just wanna have fun killin' some noobs, not have the pressure of HAVING to win. :/

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Cool romulux! Ill add you later on tonight. You should try radiant historia when you get a chance. It kinda similar to chrono trigger with the whole time line thing. I'm currently playing it and loving it. Sorry for the one post hijack!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

grenworthshero

@Demon
No one is talking about becoming a clan like SD or something, and we're not talking about scheduling constant clan battles to determine who's the best. It's just fun to have friendly battles between other clans, like a scrimmage game. It's been discussed before, and I've always considered NL a clan, because we share the same tag, and play mostly with the same people, although we're a lot more carefree than many clans. I think everyone here agrees we don't want to become like the more serious clans, which is why we're all a part of Nintendo Life. That's also what leads me to believe that if you guys leave, you aren't going to want to be gone long, because it's like being a part of an Olympic team, where you have to live and breathe GE, rather than just play the game for fun.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Dizzy_Boy

^^ and to add to that. with the talk about different loadout games. it`s not like were being forced to play the game like that.
there just ideas on how to play the game differently, rather than the stale old method of playing the game with what you`re used too.
i`ve seen others mention the pistol games. that was a good idea because the majority of those pistols are crap, and it`s was a good way to up the XP on them.
besides, i like the idea of playing golden eye where you can join in with other people, where you can be as good, (or in my case) or as bad at playing GE online without being ridiculed, or having the stigma of being stuck to certain rules.
how often are you going to get the opportunity where you are able to play with the same group of people, knowing you can play without rules not present within in the gane.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

RDB

@rom. I'll do my best to have proxies by tomorrow, but it may take part of the time to get them.

Looking forward to partying up.

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

ultima6605

so what's going on ppl are we making NL a offical clan now or are we still gonna keep it the way it is?nerrel and rdb do you guys go on conduit 2 alot?cause i been wanting to try this game out for some time now if it is worth buying then i will

goldeneye- NEW FC:1978-6954-7606
skype-ultima6605

lifesavedave

Jack2901 wrote:

@Anyone just wondering what controllers everyone uses? I use Gamecube controller just because it's my favorite.

Jack i'm assuming since you asked this question you haven't read through a lot of these posts. Yes I know there are like 5000 posts but we have went over this multiple times with pictures and suggestions for maximizing the controls with settings. I'm not trying to flame you because it is a legit question (wiimote user here) but there is so much information in these threads that you have passed over.

Too all the new guys coming in if you have free time read over some of this. A lot of the stuff that makes the top players in nL so good has been discussed in this huge thread. Weapons, which loadouts/perks work best/ stratigies/ glitches/ hero spawning, goldeneye mode, BB farming, maximizing xp has all been discussed at some point. Sure there is a lot of chit chat that you have to scan over but if your wanting to take your game to the next level, reading up could really help. Again don't take this the wrong way just trying to help.

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

lifesavedave

romulux wrote:

i think most of us are using the wiimote. i personally can't stand the gamecube for this game, not being able to sprint while turning is awkward and the analog triggers make it really hard to shoot fast..

Wait you can sprint while turning? LOL that is without it glitching and spasing out! Please tell your secrets!

yeah i'm down for whatever. The hero thing would be fun. Maybe we can change our names to the heros where representing for added effect. Play acouple games then switch. I'll even agree to be Ouromov, but be warned i'm going to spam the toob and smoke grenades!

A clan could be what we make it. We don't have too be hard core with a "win, win, win" attitude. The clan i've been with on my alternate, s1, is far from this. Almost all the members are just like us at nL. Just playing for fun! They do special clan only events with pistols, toobs, and melee's and participate in clan wars almost every week. Not to be the best but because they find the compitition and comrodere fun. (spelling i know)

Sorry for the double post but I don't know how to take seperate quotes.

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

grenworthshero

As I said before, I've always considered NL a clan, and I don't understand why you people have such an aversion to the word. We're not trying to change anything about the way we play or what NL is about, other than to add a little structure and organization so we can stay together. There's not a single person here who wants us to become a clan who is concerned with winning and being the best and all that. If there were, they'd have left a long time ago for what you guys apparently consider a "real" clan. I'm all for just trying to get things a little more structured because as it is, it's not working very well, prompting some of our best members to want to jump ships.

Edited on by grenworthshero

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

romulux

ultima6605 wrote:

so what's going on ppl are we making NL a offical clan now or are we still gonna keep it the way it is?nerrel and rdb do you guys go on conduit 2 alot?cause i been wanting to try this game out for some time now if it is worth buying then i will

i'm confused by the clan talk since i thought we pretty much already were one, unless you guys are talking about making it hardcore and making people try out and stuff. i think what we've got now is fine, we've just got to start playing again. and even though i don't care about being the best it's still nice to see that we've made a dent on gamefaqs with the NL name.

i hadn't played conduit 2 for two weeks so i booted it up tonight, immediately everyone was flickering all over the place to the point where you'd aim at them and then they'd be behind you, then to your side, then 100 feet across the map... that happens a lot. i finally found a guy who wasn't teleporting and put so many clips in his head that i completely ran out of bullets, then i started getting shot from behind even though my back was against the edge of the map. after i died the game told me i had apparently killed two people along the way, then the host migration failed and i couldn't get back online afterward...

i say avoid it. on it's own it's not too bad but compared to goldeneye it sucks and i find myself enjoying it less and less over time. you can at least play it without host quits but why bother when there's not much to enjoy. i've never partied up with any other players since they're never on either, who knows maybe it'd be a lot of fun that way but it's much simpler to just party up on goldeneye. it'd definitely worth a rental just to give yourself a change of pace though.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Lolza64

3DSneedsRPGs wrote:

Lolza64 wrote:

Anyone keen for a match right now?

Hmmmmmmm

Is that a yes?

Goldeneye FC: 2620-3713-6306

Spoony_Tech

OK I'm not going anywhere! I'm going to stay right here and try to be on more! Like everyone is saying we made a name for ourselves over on gamefaqs but since we never war we are only considered a group which I'm fine with however I think we should take it to the next level and war with pn. RDB Ultima and I have had contact with them and we can make this happen but we need to show more interest then just 4 of is to do this. I say lets have fun and do this and win or lose its OK as long as we are having fun. Who's game for a little competition? I don't care if we win or not lets just do this they know how good we are and they have a strong 4 as well but we can take them! RISE UP NL!!!!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RoryLee

@Tech, I'm really glad to hear that your staying with NL and I hope the other guys keep the NL tag, but if they don't no hard feelings from me. Plus I like that all this talk that has sparked a new fire in everyones spirirt.

I'm gonna try my hardest to make some time for GE. For me the best part of GE was playing with people from this site, good times!

Edited on by RoryLee

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

Spoony_Tech

If you go to war with us Rory all I ask is well NO DRINKING!! LOL.

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.