Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 5,741 to 5,760 of 10,277

RDB

romulux wrote:

i'm willing to play in a clan fight if you guys want me in, looking at the clan posts on gamefaqs it's clear that we haven't made enough of an impact yet.... but they will pay.

EDIT: the leaderboard is completely destroyed! feel free to go online and check your new abysmally low position. prince luigi is at 176. most of the new names are filthy too, all the better for eurocom.

I'm glad you're game Rom. I think you need to be a part of our battle. In my opinion, you are the best player in the game!

I just checked out the leaderboards... wow. Kind of sad actually.

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

grenworthshero

Yeah, I looked at the leaderboard a few weeks ago; no doubt it's even worse now. On the upside, though, I did notice I was well on my way to be near the top if I keep this up. I'm already fairly high on the boards for my level. I just need to stop trying to take on all of you guys and I should be good

Edited on by grenworthshero

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

lifesavedave

I'm down for a meet and greet with PN. I work Mon and Wed of this week so those days would work best as of right now.

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

Chris720

I checked the leaderboards a while back and those names are pretty awful... sexual references much? Bloody hell...

I think Tech, Nerrel, Lifesaver and Ultima will complete it. The rest of us are crap.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

romulux

damn. if i'm going to be in a clan fight that means i actually have to start playing again... i've never been in one that's actually organized beforehand, should be fun.

i can imagine a new player's reaction to checking the leaderboards for the first time now. "what the hell? this game is going to... really suck, isn't it?"

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Chris720

Good lord, I see a Level 1000 guy on the leaderboards with 0 time, god that guy must be a 1337 pr0!

In all seriousness, that is weird. The names on there are just... unbelievable, you can't even say them on here, they're just that rude...

Anyways, I might head on for a little bit, anyone want to join me?

YouTube

Lun

well guys, it's officially over. My profile has been deleted and everything is gone. I probably shouldn't have done it but the game was pissing me off to no end. Final rage. Every time I signed on, and after testing connection and everything and after I joined a room and after the whole count down while you choose your weaponry 3 2 1....NOTHING! while everyone else goes off fighting, I just sit there in the countdown menu still able to shuffle through loadouts. Oh, but 30 seconds later I pop into the game and I am unable to move whatsoever which sure is a treat and it can be lots of fun trying to sprint but not going anywhere getting killed left and right. I guess these good times have come and gone. Maybe If my connection works half way decent, i'll try to build another profile but for now I think I'm done

Lun

-HD-

Lun wrote:

well guys, it's officially over. My profile has been deleted and everything is gone. I probably shouldn't have done it but the game was pissing me off to no end. Final rage. Every time I signed on, and after testing connection and everything and after I joined a room and after the whole count down while you choose your weaponry 3 2 1....NOTHING! while everyone else goes off fighting, I just sit there in the countdown menu still able to shuffle through loadouts. Oh, but 30 seconds later I pop into the game and I am unable to move whatsoever which sure is a treat and it can be lots of fun trying to sprint but not going anywhere getting killed left and right. I guess these good times have come and gone. Maybe If my connection works half way decent, i'll try to build another profile but for now I think I'm done

I was wondering why i saw that you were no longer a friend. so you've done everything to optimize your wii connection to your router? taken it from behind firewall, increased resources to it?

GoldenEye: 0045 4022 5167 [N] HD [L]
"I will kill you, commit suicide, and kill you again"
<Youtube> -- <Dope16.com Rap/Beat Battles> --

Dizzy_Boy

Lun wrote:

i saw that on the archives level, i turned down the hallway, and you were stood there motionless.
my connection is normally quite good, but that match was lagging pretty badly.
you should have kept your profile just in case things get better. i just think you may regret it if you do come back.

Edited on by Dizzy_Boy

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

RDB

@lun... Bummer bro. It was always a real blast playing worth you. Post up if you start up again. It's really too bad cause you had done the hard work of reaching the promised land of strata too.

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

lifesavedave

romulux wrote:

damn. if i'm going to be in a clan fight that means i actually have to start playing again... i've never been in one that's actually organized beforehand, should be fun.

i can imagine a new player's reaction to checking the leaderboards for the first time now. "what the hell? this game is going to... really suck, isn't it?"

The clan wars are a ton of fun rom. I've been in a couple with my secondary profile and there always intense. Rules are always no masterton, proxies, and GL so no insta kill weapons. You should turn ADS snap on and dominate LOL.

Yeah the leaderboards are disgraceful. I really feel bad for all the young kids that play the game. Maybe this is something that can really motivate someone to take charge and clear the leaderboard.

@lun sorry to hear that man.

@EVERYONE i just got my son who is almost 5 a ds xl what games would you guys recommend? off topic i know.

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

Matt96

I just found out the exact number of people (profiles) who have completed at least 1 match online, 389478.

New Goldeneye wii code:4885 9182 2486
3DS friend code (let me know if you add me): 1246-8768-4585

grenworthshero

I just found out Super Peach got rid of his/her game a long time ago, so that's why he/she hasn't been on since December.

romulux

lun, whenever i read someone's quitting post it feels just like the one i've been drafting in my head. the game is apparently getting on everyone's nerves enough lately to make them consider quitting, so if you're done i think no explanation is needed. i do think it's better to take a break and get some other games in your system before quitting completely though, it helps keep the frustration down a lot.

i think if eurocom doesn't do anything to fix this game after the massive leaderboard hack yesterday that it's proof that they've moved on and don't care. if hackers completely overtook the online and ruined every match they'd just let the game crumble and burn, no support from them no matter what.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Chris720

GoldenEye was reborn... and then died in a shower of fire. The leaderboard hacks, the glitches, the lag, the hackers... EuroCom have obviously moved on and it looks like they can't give a ****! This could be down to they didn't incorporate a proper system or lack of funding to get some proper servers, but either way, letting it burn like this is unacceptable.

I mean, come on, even Treyarch bent over backwards to keep MWR as clean as possible. A leaderboard clean, maps were fixed, perks and guns were altered and the best of all they listened to the community and asked US personally what we wanted fixing, with EuroCom we seem to get bugger all lol.

Besides, I think Nintendo are ultimately to blame here, they wanted GoldenEye to be an exlcusive title for the Wii, they got the rights and they could start creating it, unfortunately they chose such a half- developer to make it, don't get me wrong, the campaign is awesome, but the online is just crap and got worse ever since.

Edited on by theblackdragon

YouTube

grenworthshero

I still haven't gotten tired of this game (but I haven't been playing every day since it came out, like some of you). It's a lot better in many ways if you take some time off periodically, though it sucks that I have to miss out on a lot of good matches and I don't get to level up with you guys.

Spoony_Tech

Super peach is a female and I deleted her a long time ago when she stopped playing!

My connection was so good yesterday that I had a blast and I was hosting 95% of the time. I guess it comes in waves but I still get much enjoyment out of this game.

@Lun Sorry to here that. You were a pretty good player and invested a lot of time in this game. Hopefully you will take a long break and decide to come back.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

grenworthshero

Tech101 wrote:

Super peach is a female and I deleted her a long time ago when she stopped playing!

I'm sure there are a lot of people who have quit playing for good, but I don't want to delete anyone until I know for sure. Not everyone has added me, still, so I have plenty of room for more FCs.

Chris720

Well I think most people left GE, there's only really a handful left that still play. Not really surprised by it either to be honest.

Edited on by Chris720

YouTube

grenworthshero

I understand a lot of the gripes you guys are having, but i just don't get why it's that big of a deal. Unless your internet connections are horrendous, I don't understand what the problem is. I agree that the developers should do something about the host quitting; that is the #1 issue in this game. I'm not arguing that they are lazy and inconsiderate in essentially abandoning their customers after the game was released. However, the hacking and few glitches are bad, to be sure, but not overtly so. If you play with all NL people most of the time, as I usually do, the host quitting is very rarely a problem. Not that it means it doesn't exist--it's just a way of getting around the problem. Of course, I'm not playing the game 5 hours a day, which would really ruin it for anyone, no matter how small the flaws are, so maybe that's the problem you guys are having. Not that I'm dissing you for doing so; I would be playing it 5 hours a day if I had that kind of time and no other games to be playing, but you have to get tired of it at some point, and small flaws become huge, glaring issues with that much exposure to them. Just take a break for a few months or so, and come back after a while.

ANYWAY...I played for a couple hours today and pounded out about 3000 XP to get to level 31! Whoo, I'm looking forward to using the Kunara V.
During one of those TC matches I was doing really well, (23-9, I think) and with two kills left to go the host quit. GAAH! I had 550XP, too, which was more than enough to get to 31. I also ran into someone who started hacking to break out a Masterton at level 21, which didn't really help him out much.

Edited on by grenworthshero

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.