Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 5,701 to 5,720 of 10,277

Kreegs07

Hey nice games Ultima, Tech, and Nitewing. Thanks for picking me up when I was seriously outgunned.

@Tech, that industrial level I must have spawed in front of you like 4 times in a row. 4 deaths in about 5 seconds.

That dummy kept becoming our hero and we lost serious points because of him. I die a lot, but at least I dont alway be the hero. Only when I hit the button to check the score and it makes me the hero instead!

I did get to level 23 today though. Anything good coming up for me?

Goldeneye 0485-3158-6711
Skype - Krueg300
You were making out during Schindler's List???

grenworthshero

Kreegs07 wrote:

Hey nice games Ultima, Tech, and Nitewing. Thanks for picking me up when I was seriously outgunned.

@Tech, that industrial level I must have spawed in front of you like 4 times in a row. 4 deaths in about 5 seconds.

That dummy kept becoming our hero and we lost serious points because of him. I die a lot, but at least I dont alway be the hero. Only when I hit the button to check the score and it makes me the hero instead!

I did get to level 23 today though. Anything good coming up for me?

YES! Level 25 is the Terralite--the best weapon in the game until you get to the Anova at level 41.

Edited on by grenworthshero

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Spoony_Tech

@Kreegs Yeah sorry about the spawn killing there didn't expect you to keep showing up there of all places. The terrelite is at level 25 and it can be a game changer. Experiment with different loadouts when you get it because its good with both long range and short. Might want heavy hitters in close combat though.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

romulux

grenworthshero wrote:

Level 25 is the Terralite--the best weapon in the game until you get to the Anova at level 41 peroid.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

grenworthshero

romulux wrote:

grenworthshero wrote:

Level 25 is the Terralite--the best weapon in the game until you get to the Anova at level 41 peroid.

I knew that was coming...really, though, how can you deny the Ivana Spec-R is better than the Terralite? It feels like almost like a one-hit kill with the Ivana at times.

Dizzy_Boy

@kreegs. if you set up the kallos with heavy hitter, snap shot, and laser pointer. and the stauger just the same, but with the reflex sight. i find these to be fairly decent set ups for your level.
infact i still have the kallos as a load out untill i get the strata, i`m working towards that one.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

grenworthshero

I used the Sigmus 9 up until I got the Stauger, and even then I still used the Sigmus 9 until I got the Terralite. I never could stand the Kallos.

romulux

grenworthshero wrote:

how can you deny the Ivana Spec-R is better than the Terralite? It feels like almost like a one-hit kill with the Ivana at times.

the ivana is a mess at long range, even at medium it's rowdy. everyone puts a silencer on but i stick with the reflex, it's very shaky but with a silencer weakening it there's no point in using it over the strata (which is way more accurate). so as brutal as the ivana is there's no contest when you compare the control you have over each gun while you shoot, the terralite's a ballerina and the ivana spec is an elephant.

-HD-

grenworthshero wrote:

I used the Sigmus 9 up until I got the Stauger, and even then I still used the Sigmus 9 until I got the Terralite. I never could stand the Kallos.

before I got the terralite I used the Sigmus 9 over the stauger just because of the rate of fire. playing with higher levels ALL the time means they kill faster and the silenced stauger was even worse for me. but the sigmus 9 let off rounds so fast. ( at least half of my kills are headshots too, btw)
I like the terralite and I don't know if i've going to switch to the Vargen when I hit 29 or not . I've picked up enough of them to almost max out the proficiency already. I just hit 26 and got the toros(seems to be "one shot, one kill" everytime)

GoldenEye: 0045 4022 5167 [N] HD [L]
"I will kill you, commit suicide, and kill you again"
<Youtube> -- <Dope16.com Rap/Beat Battles> --

Spoony_Tech

The vargen sucks on certain levels. Its to glitchy and will often not reload. If it does it will be with a few bullets. Stick with the terralite and you will be fine all the way to level 41!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Chris720

I think the Terralite is the best gun in the game, period.

Strata - It's an amazing gun, good for short to medium range, long range is just not helpful. Hip fire is excellent and hardly sprays around and the recoil is easy to control.

Varghen - Glitchiest gun in the game (as Tech mentioned), iron sights suck, range is... meh. Recoil is easy to control, weaker than the Stauger but has the same ammunition capacity.

Stauger - Weaker than the Strata, stronger than the Varghen, has a good clip and you can take out half (if not more) of the reload animation, meaning it's pretty much infinite ammo.

Sigmus/9 - Good all round guns and a blast to play around with.

Anova - Strong, but the recoil is just ridiculous and can make it unbearable to play with.

Kallos - It's alright now and again, but once you get the Terralite, it's pointless.

AK47 - What can I say? This thing is loaded with softballs for bullets.

Ivana - Strong and the last gun in the game too. Its recoil is better than the Anova but doesn't beat the Strata.

Terralite - Good damage, good range, good reload speed, good rate of fire. Snap Shot, Extended Mags (or whatever) and laser pointer/red dot sight thingy (=P) and this gun is pretty much deadly in anyones hands. It can beat the Strata one-on-one with either you both dieing or the Terralite user running away burned but alive.

I still prefer the Terralite to be honest, but the Strata is lovely!

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Jack2901

18k till remote mines!

Goldeneye FC: 2183-4444-0269 [NL] Jack
Goldeneye Chat: http://us3.chatzy.com/676123268096 (Non-flash chatroom)
3DS FC: 1289-8201-7714
www.nlnation.forumotions.com

Lun

Jack2901 wrote:

18k till remote mines!

Keep at it, you'll be there in no time.
On a side note, I really wish throwing knives would have made it into the game. The hunting knife was kind of meh, but would have been good for camping puropses coupled with light foot especially for facility/sewers

@rom, yes, yes i did read your posts earlier about your frusterations with the torka, it has just been such a long time ago that I forgot and was thinking oh, here's a good idea....WRONG! What a slap in the face that turned out to be. I have decided to take a little breather because every time I fire the game up, it seems to be a massive state of failure that includes online glitching like crazy, gun seizures, and excessive character grunting among other things. I have taken the disc out of the wii and placed it back in the case. We'll try again in a few days to see if it works any better, if it doesn't I'll probably need a new copy.

Lun

romulux

Lun wrote:

I have decided to take a little breather because every time I fire the game up, it seems to be a massive state of failure that includes online glitching like crazy, gun seizures, and excessive character grunting among other things.

yeah, loading this game up is starting to feel like slapping yourself in the face. seven months seems to be the universal limit of tolerance for this game, a bunch of clans are disbanding and players are leaving left and right, which is kind of funny. maybe once the entire playing community abandons the game eurocom will do something to fix it?

Chris720

GoldenEye is worse than CoD's, I can't believe it. GE lasts seven months, CoD lasts a year or so.

Well there seems to be a lot of angry GE players going around now on YT and even one on the Activision Boards. They're complaining left, right and centre for a patch to reduce the lag and the glitches.

It could be a matter of time before Activision gives EuroCom a boot up their . If only EuroCom cared as much as Treyarch, they listened to the Wii community and asked what fixes they would like and what glitches/hacks they wanted to fix (reasonable ideas ofcourse) and if we gave them any a new patch rolled out the following week more-or-less.

They even asked ideas for Black Ops and all of them were accepted and made it into the final design. If EuroCom did that with its community base like Treyarch then GE could've been pretty epic.

Edited on by theblackdragon

YouTube

Dizzy_Boy

i actually came across a hacked game for the first time today, on heroes.
made me laugh, the idiot hacker set it for infinate health and ammo.
nobody could get a kill. and he ended up quiting less than a minute in.
i must say it was good fun whacking everybody round the head though.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Lun

romulux wrote:

Lun wrote:

I have decided to take a little breather because every time I fire the game up, it seems to be a massive state of failure that includes online glitching like crazy, gun seizures, and excessive character grunting among other things.

yeah, loading this game up is starting to feel like slapping yourself in the face. seven months seems to be the universal limit of tolerance for this game, a bunch of clans are disbanding and players are leaving left and right, which is kind of funny. maybe once the entire playing community abandons the game eurocom will do something to fix it?

It really is a shame that eurocom couldn't put together a product that is somewhat resilient over a long term period, or make any attempt whatsoever to fix any one of the onslaught of WiFi problems experienced by the average GE online player (somehow the connection is perfect everytime for Ultima and he gets to host every time, HOW DOOO YOUUU DOOO IT ULTIMA!!!!). When I read GameInformer's in depth page for GE I first took note of the 6.5 overall score. Come on, a 6.5 and a replay value of moderately low, wtf? Playing in the beginning was smooth, I could never remember having this many problems so frequently. There was the occational hiccup, but nothing detrimental. Now-a-days, with the amount of time it takes to get everything situated, it seems like by the time I figure out that the game is for sure going bonkers AGAIN, I have already lost at least 30 min maybe more and I have accomplished next to nothing. What a waste, and seeing as I only have limited freetime, every time the game decides to take a piss, well there goes another 30 or 45 min down the toilet. Remind me to thank eurocom for ruining me.

Lun

Chris720

Ranting has never felt so good eh? GE has problems, EuroCom has problems, consumers get dumped with a half-arsed online experience. Bottom line, Eurocom screwed you over for online lol.

YouTube

ultima6605

Lun wrote:

romulux wrote:

Lun wrote:

It really is a shame that eurocom couldn't put together a product that is somewhat resilient over a long term period, or make any attempt whatsoever to fix any one of the onslaught of WiFi problems experienced by the average GE online player (somehow the connection is perfect everytime for Ultima and he gets to host every time, HOW DOOO YOUUU DOOO IT ULTIMA!!!!). When I read GameInformer's in depth page for GE I first took note of the 6.5 overall score. Come on, a 6.5 and a replay value of moderately low, wtf? Playing in the beginning was smooth, I could never remember having this many problems so frequently. There was the occational hiccup, but nothing detrimental. Now-a-days, with the amount of time it takes to get everything situated, it seems like by the time I figure out that the game is for sure going bonkers AGAIN, I have already lost at least 30 min maybe more and I have accomplished next to nothing. What a waste, and seeing as I only have limited freetime, every time the game decides to take a piss, well there goes another 30 or 45 min down the toilet. Remind me to thank eurocom for ruining me.

trust me when i host i get as much lag as everyone else i hate being host only reason i still do good is cause i play under so much lag i get use to it.

goldeneye- NEW FC:1978-6954-7606
skype-ultima6605

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.