Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 4,961 to 4,980 of 10,277

Spoony_Tech

50-60 feet away is quite a distance. I think you might experience some problems for sure from that distance. As for drew. Don't feel bad about that. I think he is there best player and his play style is a lot like going up against our own team. Yes he is fast and told me he uses lightfoot sometimes so that might be what your problem was trying to track him down. I play with them actually a couple nights a week. I was on drew's team the other night and that went very well. They are a lot like us when it comes to play style. You just have to know who the campers are when playing on certain boards.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Urbanhispanic

Rorylee wrote:

@Urban, now that I think about I think this was the same thing that happened to my Wii with that weird update nintendo sent out. If I remember correctly that update was about a year ago so I'm thinking you might have to give nintendo a call on this. You will have to tell them that this error if from the update nintendo sent out awhile back, and when you do send it in all of your save data from your games will be erased so you might want to save em on an SD card.

Just looked it up and it was the update 4.2 that might be causing your problem. They should fix it for free as long as you havent done any modding to your system.

wow..that's interesting....and if the 4.2 update is causing it, then I got it a long while ago. For it to do this now is crazy. because I had installed the 4.3 update awhile back and I had no problems until yesterday. I'm going to see what it does today.

UPDATE: okay....I still get that screen. My Wii isn't modded so should I call Nintendo and explain to them what's going on? What if the lens is dirty and I just need to clean it?

Edited on by Urbanhispanic

Proud owner of a Switch, Wii U, Wii and 3DS.

Ask me about the games I own :) I am looking to add friends on the Switch and Wii U.

3DS Friend Code: 4597-0422-2431 | Nintendo Network ID: Bx_Lounger

Urbanhispanic

grenworthshero wrote:

@Kreegs
Well, if the GCN controller works better for you, that's fine. I know the CCP worked great for me for a time, but it just felt clunky after I switched, and you're never going to beat a good wiimote user at aiming/hip firing. Some of us have our Skype name in our sigs, but mine is the same as my username, grenworthshero

@NL
I think I'm going to start adding peoples' Skype names to the list of players, for those of us who use it, unless someone has a problem having theirs published out in the open like that. If you want it added to the list, let me know and I will put it on there. If you already have it in your signature I'm going to add it on there right now. (because I assume that means you don't care if people see it, obviously)

Man, I'm trying to finish the Injury to Insult and Insult to Injury proficiencies and it's taking quite some time. I changed my name to Mr. Bucket momentarily, because I honestly didn't want to tarnish my name, playing like an idiot, throwing flashbang grenades all over the place and not really shooting anyone. I can't imagine how annoying I.E.D is going to be to unlock. Some of the things they added in this game are just stupid, like the I.E.D. accolade; it just encourages camping.

At the risk of sounding not so computer literate, how does Skype work?

Ask me about the games I own :) I am looking to add friends on the Switch and Wii U.

Urbanhispanic

Kreegs07 wrote:

DarWin wrote:

@Kreegs
just added you....
I'm only a lvl19 but i just got the game a couple weeks ago. about to grind my way up a lil harder now

Im only at level 18. Got the game for my birthday on the 11th. We are in the same boat it looks like.

Just keep grinding and dont let the level thing bother you too much. In my opinion, it does pay to level up every new gun you get access to because those XP points add up quickly once you start kicking ass. I'm in a rut because I'm grinding to unlock weapons I haven't been able to get access to yet.

RDB

@kreegs/darwin. Don't worry too much about lvling guns though. There are so many more good players now than when I lvled mine (last nov/dec). I can't imagine trying to lvl the torka vs a game full of stratas!!! Back when I did it, there were 2 or 3 lvl 56's and only a page or so of lvl 50+ on the leaderboard. Now, not so much. Plus, NL has pistol matches quite often and that's a good time to lvl up those crappy pistols in a friendly environment. Except me, I'll toob you JK It is some good xp though! Maybe we could do some all ak NL nights and such too, to help with you guys lvling guns. Doesn't help me much, but no biggie, could be fun. Oh and maybe wait for HH to lvl some of the crappy stuff. That's what I did.

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

romulux

anyone checked the leaderboard today? the first 3 1/2 pages are hackers now, but one of them got creative and left a little message for activision. i think i approve!

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

RDB

Saw that. Good stuff! But so many hackers now... Not cool, not cool.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

Dizzy_Boy

i finish leveling up all of my crap guns on the license to kill matches. the extra power given to those guns isn`t much, but it definitely helped.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Kreegs07

@RDB

Hey that sounds like fun with the pistols. I would really appreciate it. If I am feeling ok when I get home, I will be on around 12:15ish Central time. See you then.

Goldeneye 0485-3158-6711
Skype - Krueg300
You were making out during Schindler's List???

romulux

come to think of it it has been a while since we've done a pistols match. it usually happens when one of us starts running around with a handgun for the hell of it and the others follow suit. just watch out for ultima and lifesaver with their magnums! (and i think tech has one now too?)

Edited on by romulux

Spoony_Tech

I do and I need to level it up but I suck with it so far. I still rather use the hawksman though. Its my favorite pistol.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

grenworthshero

In retrospect, making the list alphabetical is a bad idea. It's easier to find people on the list, but then you never know who the latest players added to the game are, so I'm keeping it as it is.
I'm going on right now, but it may not be for very long; I just worked 12 hours and I'm really tired.

Edited on by grenworthshero

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Vinstigator

Tech101 wrote:

Thanks Vince. Ill add you sometime here in the next day. It will be nice to get to play against some SD players for a change. I haven't really played against many of you guys yet.

Looking forward to it

Edited on by Vinstigator

http://myspace.com/vinstigatormusic
http://youtube.com/vinstigator
http://twitter.com/vinstigator
3DS Friend Code: 1332-7740-2704

grenworthshero

Wow. Just...wow. I've never died so many times in a match in my entire career on this game. You guys killed me less than two seconds after I spawned at least 20 times. In a row. Oh, I was "goeasyonme" btw. I couldn't deal with that crap anymore. I had to quit after three rounds of more than 3 deaths to everyone one of my kills...somehow I still ended up on top of my team every time, though. I'm not sure I should feel proud about that...

romulux

grenworthshero wrote:

Oh, I was "goeasyonme" btw. I couldn't deal with that crap anymore.

yeah, sorry. i wanted to go easy on you but you were lumped in with some other guys i couldn't go easy against. tonight was a total mess, it was pretty much all high level players all night. i had just gotten my own k/d ratio to go back up after the rough matches lately and tonight shot it back donw. i've never seen so many mastertons, or should i say i've never been lag killed by so many (really hate that gun!).

noticed a few things. when you bump into your teammates there's collision detection- you shove each other around when you hit. when you bump into enemies there isn't any, so you just run through each other like ghosts. this happens to me 50 g***amn times a night, a guy comes around a corner suddenly and before he's been on screen for a few frames he's already passed through you. shotgunners can kill you in those few frames, machine guns can't, in a level like archives that gets old.

i also noticed teammates will take your bullets and block your shots while enemies don't; your bullets pass right through them. just another weird thing, where your bullets penetrate enemies but not teammates. guess how i found that out... it involves a noob teammate's dead body taking a whole clip while i was shooting at the hero behind him.

Kreegs07

Yea that happens to me a lot - walking through enemies. I got my first experience with the thermal scope tonight and was very overexcited. Too bad I didn't use it to kill anyone...

Goldeneye 0485-3158-6711
Skype - Krueg300
You were making out during Schindler's List???

grenworthshero

Kreegs07 wrote:

Yea that happens to me a lot - walking through enemies. I got my first experience with the thermal scope tonight and was very overexcited. Too bad I didn't use it to kill anyone...

lol, I can't believe we pulled out on top of that game. As Mr. Krabs would say: "Those were some intense negotiations"

ultima6605

romulux wrote:

come to think of it it has been a while since we've done a pistols match. it usually happens when one of us starts running around with a handgun for the hell of it and the others follow suit. just watch out for ultima and lifesaver with their magnums! (and i think tech has one now too?)

did your forget Rom i'm no longer at level 56 sucks only at 32 with sucky weapons i'm in need of the strata,masterton,ivana and specially the PROXYS!even tho i must say the silenced teralitte is pretty awesome with its dead on accuracy.cant say much about the vargen only that it has the worst hip firing ever.

goldeneye- NEW FC:1978-6954-7606
skype-ultima6605

Matt96

@ALL I just got and set up skype on my laptop just for this game, skype name in sig.

New Goldeneye wii code:4885 9182 2486
3DS friend code (let me know if you add me): 1246-8768-4585

RDB

@matt96, I'll get you added to skype tonight.

Wow, all NL, sounds like I missed some fun matches last night I left to watch the office with the fam and never made it back...

I recently shrunk my regular dead zone to it's smallest size and it has really made the dz glitch happen a TON more! I'm thinking of going back to 15x15 where it was before b/c this sucks when the cursor gets locked on the ground by my right foot or something stupid. Anybody else have experience with the changing dz sizes and its effect on the dz glitch?

I think if we have enough NL on tonight we should do heroes marathons w/ pistols only! And the heroes marathon only goes in a clockwise direction (looking from above) so it will be hard for both heroes to meet each other. For those who haven't read it, the heroes marathon is where the hero has to keep moving around the map and he attempts to do laps. No backtracking, only slowing or pausing to kill someone in your path, then it's back on the track!!! With pistols, the hero will probly make some nice lap counts.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.