Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 4,861 to 4,880 of 10,277

Spoony_Tech

Yep haven't been on in a few days. If I keep this up everyone will pass me up.

Neolights like RDB said you have nothing to confess. If you really want to level up quicker play by yourself is fine. I suggested to RDB before to do the same before he got the strata. Trust me if I never played one game with nl I would have been level 56 months ago. Its just more fun playing with and discussing the games we had on this site. Don't feel bad for playing on your own. If you continue to will pass me up in no time and I don't really care. Its all about having fun for me. I will get to 56 someday and everyone will pass me in the process. Just look at RDB. I was at least 6 levels ahead of him at one time and he will definitely pass me up here in a few days. He has gotten really good lately and deserves it.

@Kregs Start off with experience 2 with the Wii remote. Stick with it and you will get better. Then you might notice at a later time you might want to speed it up then you jump to 3 then you just adjust your setting from there. Most of us have really fast settings and can turn exceptionally fast. It really helps to be able to turn and face someone trying to shoot you from behind!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MacLeoid

@Tech I agree partying up is not the best way to grind exp unless you are farming and are good at it or your a total killthief... When I was going from 50 to 52 I deliberately ignored invites as I wanted to ploay alone to max my exp scores.

MW3 Wii - AC 3335 - 5355 - 6787

romulux

RDB wrote:

@Lun. I'm not sure what your "confession" was? Was it that you played alone?

@Ultima, Rom, lifesave. Nice games tonight.

i thought he was saying he took advantage of the xp hack to level up. if you stumble into a match and find it's been hacked to give you huge amounts of xp it's not the same as hacking yourself, i don't think anyone would blame you if that's the case.

that archives match last night was one of the best i've done in a while, the only problem was that jet guy kept killing me with one shot from ridiculous distances with his shotgun every time i was bond. i'd be on a great p99 streak and all of the sudden i hear a faint boom from the guy at the far end of the hall, dead. they may as well let you put an ACOG scope on those things.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Spoony_Tech

Ah that makes more sense now. After reading his post again its a clear now. Its not like you yourself were hacking so no hard feelings at all. I just wish we could all find this guy for a few!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Lun

no, noooo way this was definately someone else. Hopefully it wasn't NL jordi, which I doubt it, snice most NL guys are fair players. I wouldn't have the first clue on how to set something like this up.

Lun

RDB

Tech101 wrote:

Ah that makes more sense now. After reading his post again its a clear now. Its not like you yourself were hacking so no hard feelings at all. I just wish we could all find this guy for a few!

You must give your xp back to the xp pool where it will be divided up evenly amongst all NL players. Then it will promptly be lost on host quits, rage quits, and wii freezes.

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

lifesavedave

@ultima, sorry to hear about your account. That has had me thinking lately though. I've been torn at which profile i want to play? Keep moving my primary up the xp list or try to get my secondary to 56. (currently at 29) Not sure.

@Lun don't really care. It actually would be pretty darn exciting to see 9,999xp flash up on the screen everytime i killed someone. I bet you were trying to kill like a mad man!

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

Chris720

at the same time the conduit just doesn't have that perfect feel goldeneye does, eurocom nailed the sound and visual design, level architecture, everything. if they had just tested the friggin thing it would be a classic.

You nailed it right on the head, sir. If EurcoCom put more work into this game it would've rivaled even Call of Duty. But with the glitches, the leveling system, hacks, host quits and really awful online play, lets be honest here, your never going to get a game that is absolutely emaculate... mainly because, you may get a douchy host or a "Disconnected from Host"...

If EuroCom tweaked GoldenEye for a little bit more, I think this game could've been a winner, but as it stands, the online department is a half baked piece of crap.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Chris720

God god, this game really is the dogs balls. Lost Connection to Host! Leaving Game... 6 times in a bloody row. And Lost connection? MY ARSE, the host is being a pussybag and turned his Wii off... I am really considering trading this turd in for Conduit 2, this game is just awful.

Let this be warning to everyone, leave the classics in the past. Don't try to resurrect it, because you'll just ruin it. And if you do want to bring it back, don't put it in EuroComs hands. They really know how to eff up a game to the maximum.

For example, HVS couldn't make a good game if they tried, but yet Conduit 2's online is miles better than GoldenEye's, its updateable and you have MIGRATING HOSTS! EuroCom, you might be better I highly doubt it but take a sheet out of HVS's book, they seem to get online RIGHT!

Edited on by Chris720

YouTube

Chris720

grenworthshero wrote:

Thus ends Demon's nightly GoldenEye rant.

I bet you'll all be happy. But this is ridiculous, its like Mario Kart Wii all over again, but in FPS form.

And I'm not ranting about the Host Quits okay, maybe I am, but the amount of glitches, laggy games and screw-you-over connection makes this game so unplayable.

And I heard Conduit 2 is region-locked. Americans can't add Europeans and vice versa... well that sucks. :/

YouTube

RDB

xDemon720x wrote:

And I heard Conduit 2 is region-locked. Americans can't add Europeans and vice versa... well that sucks. :/

That just means WE won't be the ones to own you Bwah hah hahhhhhh!!!!

And FWIW, I happen to enjoy Demon's daily rant! I actually look forward to reading his beef for the day! So, hear's to you "mr. hates it so much but can't stay away"...

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

Dizzy_Boy

i`ll add my code up for everyone who wants to swap, i just need to jot it down when i`m next online.
the worst quiters are those idiots quite during the last 10 seconds of the match. i, along with other players have lost a shed load of points to those idiots.
the strangest glitch i`ve had happened recently.
i joined a heroes match on the archives level that was about 2 minutes in. i got the usual count down screen, and as that cleared, i took no less than a few steps, the game went laggy and i ended up being stuck in that position when your about to start the round, as if you were looking down over the cumputer room, standing on the top of those boxes. just by the split stair case.
i couldn`t move or throw grenades, but i could shoot.
i checked the scores, and the team i was on were doing well enough without me. but to my horror, my xp level had been reset to 1 (i was level 34 up 'till this point).
i decided to wait the round out, hoping nothing would come of it.
when the match ended. i was curious, and went to check my scores, checking my xp level first. and all was fine to much relief.
just as i was about to back out to head off for another game, i thought that i should check my weapons proficiency and combat ability levels. both, to some annoyance everything that i had completed, had been reset back to zero.
so, i`ve spent a fair bit of time trying to set it all back to how i had it.
this experience deffinitly made me appreciate the better guns of the bunch the i currently have unlocked. even with all of the extra percks, crap guns are just crap guns.
oh, and the extra xp for leveling everything back up again helped shift a fair bit. i`m now level 37, with just over 9000 to level 38. still neans that i`m not very good at the game though.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

grenworthshero

haha, yeah, Demon's rants are always fun to read. (maybe I just take too much pleasure from others' misfortune...)

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Chris720

The annoying factor is, GE is fun... until some BS shoots you between the eyes.

I think this game could've been so much better if EuroCom had a better engine and MUCH better servers. Or just given it to someone else, like Retro Studios or something...

If it had a party option, I'd probably just play with you guys in a party, without the randoms.

YouTube

grenworthshero

xDemon720x wrote:

The annoying factor is, GE is fun... until some BS shoots you between the eyes.

I think this game could've been so much better if EuroCom had a better engine and MUCH better servers. Or just given it to someone else, like Retro Studios or something...

If it had a party option, I'd probably just play with you guys in a party, without the randoms.

That's generally what we all try to do, which is why it never really bothers me, since I'm usually with a bunch of Nlers, but I know what you're saying. Sometimes when you're on your own it's kind of up to luck whether or not the hosts are going to quit all over the place.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Chris720

And its also down to the fact that if you kill too quick or get a streak going early in the game, the host quits. So I have to go at a snails pace sometimes just to get my EXP.

I only need 19k, but with this HQ garbage, It's gonna take me ages unless an NL dude hosts and lets me have every kill going, lol.

YouTube

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.