Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 4,821 to 4,840 of 10,277

RDB

@lun, congrats on 45. You're going to love the strata! It's a game changer. Don't get your hopes up for the wazooooooooo, and it's a long grind to 52, but I'm almost to 50 and it's gone by pretty fast actually. I don't think it's quite as bad as 37 to 41 for the anova, or 41 to 45 for the strata. The strata is so smooth, the kills come pretty fast. One tip, if you haven't already, take out heavy hitter and put on light foot. Trust me, it's better for you.

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

lifesavedave

Yeah nice BB ultima and RDB, was alot of fun and had some good games. I'll be back on sunday so we should try to do some more.

@Ultima dude i'm sorry i was a non factor in those games. I know its part of the game but i was lagging against those guys especially Bud. But i was lagging all day. Cyber killed me a couple times before his gun even went off. Frustrating. There was a couple times that made the lag obvious for me against bud also. Once was in archives where i ads snapped him from in front of the main stairs to the end of the long hallway by the vent while strafing. I fired exactly 24 bullets while strafing into cover. NOTHING. He then proceeded to throw a grenade and kill me while i was in the corner. ivanna/hh/ss/laser shouldn't take 24 bullets to kill while ads snaping. Another example was on facility where we like to spawn heros he just came up the middle stairs and all i saw was a small piece of top shoulder before i strafed into cover. RED SCREEN while behind cover. FRUSTRATING. This was in the game where you and dane left. It was me bullmoose a level 41 and 30 something guy. Bud went 24/0. Come on thats crazy! All of my kills against bud i remember where head shots. Cyber was at least killable for me and i was able to walk away from a couple of the one on ones against him.

Bud reminded me of a long time ago when i had to face rom when he had a stratta and i just had a vargan. It always seemed like it didn't matter how many bullets i put in him he just wouldn't go down.

I also faced Bud about 3 weeks ago with rdb on some BB and i was able to kill him multiple times when we both had mastertons and not managed to die in the process. Not sure how he was able to instakill me yesterday with an ivanna but not with a masterton 3 weeks ago.

Not sure if you noticed this but i never shot either one of them in the backs or sides, they were always facing me. I don't think they're hackers, i guess it was just bad luck.

Pity party rant over, i got owned, lag or no lag. I like your idea of AS tag, thats kinda cool. Not sure if i qualify in that group after my poor showing. I'll have to step up my game and keep practicing!

I did change my mut values like you said rom, i'm not sure if it helped. I'm going to try turning it back.

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

romulux

lifesavedave wrote:

I did change my mut values like you said rom, i'm not sure if it helped. I'm going to try turning it back.

you're using a wired connection, right? i don't think it matters then, but i'm not sure.

about the AS stuff, i think it's hard to know who the best players really are. i went against a 56 the other day and he came out of each match with a few more kills and fewer deaths, which to the other players would look like he did better. thing is, he was slinging proxies and i didn't even lay one. he had 5 or 6 kills from mines (some of them on me) a match and if you took those away (or if i had used mines as well) my killcount and ratio would have been much better than his. so who really did a better job in the match? the guy who fought for more kills or the guy who pressed + more?

i think downsight snap also confuses things, since the game becomes about the luck of who sees who first. aiming skill is taken out of the equation. ultima has been destroying me lately on big maps, and even though he'd still be amazingly good without using snap i think we'd be pretty close to even; we usually get mutual kills on smaller maps where you can't ADS and have to hip fire. i'm probably the only sucker out there at this point who sticks to manual aim, it takes a huge toll on my stats, but does that mean i'm a worse player than people that use snap?

it also matters what sort of teams you're saddled with. it's easy to get a high killcount if you're up against a team of noobs, but if you're on that team of noobs fighting against higher level guys on the other side you're bound to get fewer kills, just because the resistance you're up against is much higher than the resistance they're up against. again, it's the luck of the draw most of the time.

way longer than i wanted to type! just some points the AS thing makes me think about. some players are obviously great, but the only way to know for sure who's best would be to get a magically lag free setup, turn off snap, make everyone use the exact same loadout, and balance the teams perfectly. i personally don't care who's best at this point, the game just doesn't function well enough to put that sort of effort in.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Lun

RDB wrote:

@lun, congrats on 45. You're going to love the strata! It's a game changer. Don't get your hopes up for the wazooooooooo, and it's a long grind to 52, but I'm almost to 50 and it's gone by pretty fast actually. I don't think it's quite as bad as 37 to 41 for the anova, or 41 to 45 for the strata. The strata is so smooth, the kills come pretty fast. One tip, if you haven't already, take out heavy hitter and put on light foot. Trust me, it's better for you.

@RDB Hey, why do you call it a wazoooo, is it b/c it's bomb or it sucks? I have pretty much all afternoon and night to play as well as tomorrow (since its the holiday) so hopefully I can get a little closer to getting it. I've been going absolutely ape BALLS with the strata lately

Lun

Chris720

TLink9 wrote:

Untitled

Interesting... This has given me an idea... I'll be back in 30 minutes or something. I have a pretty good idea.

Nevermind... I can't stand using Paint... I'll see if I can do pencil and paper. And see if I can get the map layouts, "if you fail to plan, you plan to fail"

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

ultima6605

its cool lifesaver i understand the whole thing with lag i know how bad it can throw of your game cause it happens to all of us,even bacon and savi were laging too they only got about 2 kills each per game lol.oh did you see the post about sir bud getting 101-6 kills ????i seriously want to believe it but i can't like i said before no one is that fast. i have played a hacker that is on the leaderboards above prince-luigi i forgot the hackers name but i know i played him at station about 1 week ago and let me tell you this guy was moving at speeds unseen of just exactly like sir bud and getting shots of before i can press the button on my wii remote but w/e i'm done with this topic.

goldeneye- NEW FC:1978-6954-7606
skype-ultima6605

TLink9

About the AS thing: Why would we want the other team to know our best player and try to track them down?

That is TLinkerbell to you!
[17:17] theblackdragon: considering i have neither an xbox nor a ps3 :3
[17:17] Corbie: Nintendo fangirl alert!!!!
[17:17] James Newton: Uh oh
The James Ne...

The AS tag seems pretty pretentious and kind of pointless, to me. Sure, if it were something you could achieve that's great, but it's just up to you whether you think you deserve it or not. That's kind of what the SD clan is all about.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

TLink9

grenworthshero wrote:

The AS tag seems pretty pretentious and kind of pointless, to me. Sure, if it were something you could achieve that's great, but it's just up to you whether you think you deserve it or not. That's kind of what the SD clan is all about.

This. I like to play for fun not to be the best player in the world.

That is TLinkerbell to you!
[17:17] theblackdragon: considering i have neither an xbox nor a ps3 :3
[17:17] Corbie: Nintendo fangirl alert!!!!
[17:17] James Newton: Uh oh
The James Ne...

lifesavedave wrote:

Here is an nice boatroom camping kill that i found on youtube. @ 3:55 proxy through the roof.

and a really funny epic hero fail video.

I'll be on tomorrow guys. See you then.

I just watched these... hilarious! Esp in the 2nd vid at about 4:10... Bond with all three proxies immediately surrounding him while crouched in an exposed corner of the boat room! LOL!!!

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

lifesavedave

@RDB yeah that second video is really funny because we've all seen heros do something very similiar and are just thinking what are they doing. On that first video though with the proxy in the boatroom. I have done this about a dozen times now and i actually think there is a glitch in the roof. Meaning that the roof won't catch any of the mines and let them all fall through inside. On the proxies that didn't get detonated i'll walk into the boatroom and be able to find them. I recommend everyone give it a try.

@ultima i'm very curious myself at what he has done different to take his game to an unheard of level. Like how rom noticed that i became really good all of a sudden and there was a reason why that was true. I turned on ads snap and finally got the stratta. Those two things completely changed the way i played and made a noticeable impact. It seems bud has also gotten instantly good all of a sudden too. Why haven't we heard any crazy kill games before from him or that how every one used to say cyber is the best in sd. Like i said, i played bud 3-4 weeks ago and he was no where near as fast as yesterday. His speed yesterday made cybers speed look noobish (not sure if thats a word but i'm sure you get it). Cyber's skill wasn't in the same ball park as buds is now for sure. I don't think he is a hacker and he actually seems very modest and a cool guy but i would like to know what he has done different to elevate his game to where it is now in what seems, at least to me, a very short time. Because i don't think he has always been this good. I'll look forward to playing him again sometime, although hopefully not too soon:)

Edited on by lifesavedave

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

romulux

when you guys say speed do you mean the speed he aims with, or how fast he actually moves and runs? if you're talking about aiming/turning speed it's possible that he just boosted his settings up, otherwise maybe he equipped lightfoot. i have no idea what i'm talking about, just tossing suggestions around..

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Chris720

RDB wrote:

lifesavedave wrote:

Here is an nice boatroom camping kill that i found on youtube. @ 3:55 proxy through the roof.

and a really funny epic hero fail video.

I'll be on tomorrow guys. See you then.

I just watched these... hilarious! Esp in the 2nd vid at about 4:10... Bond with all three proxies immediately surrounding him while crouched in an exposed corner of the boat room! LOL!!!

Wtf is that dude doing? He does realize he's gonna die if the enemy gets anywhere near him (without even shooting him) , right? That is the stupidest, yet funniest, thing I have ever seen.

Then those guys behind the boat, one dies... the guy behind him spawns as the hero and then dies. Smart move, idiot.

Edited on by Chris720

YouTube

RDB

@lifesave, I've tried the boatroom mine trick a few times with remotes and grenades. Not all of us have proxies yet I've had minor success with it so far and I'm sure proxies will elevate my success rate in a few lvls.

As for SD, I've only played with/against a few of them. All that I have played are good players. Mostly b/c they are ultra run'n'gun style players with good routes on each map. They seem to have worked out relatively safe paths with side/rear protection where possible. It's obvious they are using snap. The unusual things... long distance killing seems to be a bit higher than others, they seem to kill faster and die slower. Not sure if it's lag, or lack of lag, related or what, but we all have access to the same attachments. I've played with Dooms a number of times a few months ago before he was SD and he was good, but nothing off the charts in my experience. If he is now, maybe it's who he plays with, strategy, etc... Not sure. But I guess if they've just recruited the best players, it makes sense that they would all seem that much better. Who knows, they could have legit advantages too like Rom's little tech tips on internet set-up and such, that they don't share. Anyway, it's usually fun playing with/against them to get some more exp against good players. I do hate the attitude from some of them though.

@Demon. I like the heroes behind the canoe too. Death, spawn (walk to same spot), death! Hilarious.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

ultima6605

MY ACCOUNT GOT DELETED AHHHHHHHH!all of my hard work down the drain well atleast i have a back up account but i'm at a low lvl so NL here is my NEW FC:197869547606 and i will add all of you guys again,THIS SUCKS.

hey rdb i hope your up for some farming tonight cause i need to grind this exp again.

i hate my life

skype-ultima6605

Spoony_Tech

Now how did that happen Ultima. I feel bad for you.

You will probably be back at 56 before me anyways!! No joke.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Lun

i have added your new FC ultima. Jeez what a bummer! what level are you on your back up account so far?

Lun

Chris720

I will challenge Ultima to see if he can get to 56 within 2 weeks. :3 And this is gonna be fun... you huz no super guns and I will now be able to steal YOUR kills! <.< >.>

I'll have to get back on and add you then... I might get on and play with you guys too. I've been away for so long.

YouTube

ultima6605

@tech my son deleted my account me leaving my remote next to him.that was dumb of me huh?and your probably right lol i would hit 56 again before you.

@lun sad to say but i think i'm at level 22 or 23 this is gonna be another long ride to hell lol!

@demon 2 weeks? it took me 3 months to get to 56 but this time i will just enjoy the grind and fun and not pass by them fast like i did with my old account.the weapons i'am using now suck it takes like 1000 bullets to kill a noob.

skype-ultima6605

Chris720

ultima6605 wrote:

@tech my son deleted my account me leaving my remote next to him.that was dumb of me huh?and your probably right lol i would hit 56 again before you.

@lun sad to say but i think i'm at level 22 or 23 this is gonna be another long ride to hell lol!

@demon 2 weeks? it took me 3 months to get to 56 but this time i will just enjoy the grind and fun and not pass by them fast like i did with my old account.the weapons i'am using now suck it takes like 1000 bullets to kill a noob.

Bold: Son...? I thought you were in your teens or something. Now I see that your as old as Tech.

Well, I can drop the Anova if you want. I'll lob myself into my room and get on some time around now. I'm feeling a sudden urge.

YouTube

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.