Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 4,661 to 4,680 of 10,277

UnderlingXIII

Outpost... best match ever 93-88 1 hero spawn on each team, I would've stayed, but I gotta eat

GoldenEye 007: 1272-8050-9031
SSBB: 3438-4424-9516

longtimegamer

I just found out about this snap thing. I wonder how many time's it's been used against ME. Is it still possible not to get hit (or killed) by someone using snap?.
By the way...I may trie to get on tonight. I just hope my wii doesn't have trouble reading the disk.

Edited on by longtimegamer

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

RoryLee

@LTG, I'm sure that most of the people that play GE use ADS snap. It's pretty much an auto lock feature for when you zoom in on somebody. And when they zoom in on you your pretty much dead, you just have to be quicker than they are.

@Rom, kudos to you man! You were really kicking some a** in those heroes games and I dont even think you were using your most powerful guns. All I see is you with a pistol and someone from the other team laying on the ground. Thanks for keeping the Masterton outta those matches, that gun is my least favorite in the game for me and I would rather deal with proxies then that thing.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

romulux

put your protective rant glasses on!

Rorylee wrote:

@Rom, kudos to you man! You were really kicking some a** in those heroes games

wanna know why? downsight snap. that's it. i easily went 54-12 in one match that i didn't even think was good, got 10+ dominations on poor Tlink and some other guy. my accuracy, killcount and ratio and win ratio all significantly bumped up in those matches, it improved my playing way more than i thought it would.

hate to say it but that makes me lose a lot of respect for ultima and lifesavedave's playing. i had thought you guys were outclassing me so much lately because you'd simply gotten better, but it's clearly just been the snap. we did one outpost match against some level 50+ guys who were obviously snappers and it was completely stupid, it felt like a contest to see who could hit Z first, it really is as easy as "hold Z and B to kill" whenever someone's on screen.

the only nice thing i can say about it is that it actually makes the hawksman work really well as a primary gun, i'll probably keep it on for pistols only because of that. otherwise it makes the game feel too repetitive and lame... i'll have to use it against you guys tonight to decide.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

TLink9

romulux wrote:

put your protective rant glasses on!

Rorylee wrote:

@Rom, kudos to you man! You were really kicking some a** in those heroes games

wanna know why? downsight snap. that's it. i easily went 54-12 in one match that i didn't even think was good, got 10+ dominations on poor Tlink and some other guy. my accuracy, killcount and ratio and win ratio all significantly bumped up in those matches, it improved my playing way more than i thought it would.

hate to say it but that makes me lose a lot of respect for ultima and lifesavedave's playing. i had thought you guys were outclassing me so much lately because you'd simply gotten better, but it's clearly just been the snap. we did one outpost match against some level 50+ guys who were obviously snappers and it was completely stupid, it felt like a contest to see who could hit Z first, it really is as easy as "hold Z and B to kill" whenever someone's on screen.

the only nice thing i can say about it is that it actually makes the hawksman work really well as a primary gun, i'll probably keep it on for pistols only because of that. otherwise it makes the game feel too repetitive and lame... i'll have to use it against you guys tonight to decide.

Ya I was messing around these few days trying to level up guns for xp. Also I need to update my friend list. If I have not added you yet let me know. I'll be on tomorrow bright and early.

That is TLinkerbell to you!
[17:17] theblackdragon: considering i have neither an xbox nor a ps3 :3
[17:17] Corbie: Nintendo fangirl alert!!!!
[17:17] James Newton: Uh oh
The James Ne...

@Rom,I know how you feel and I still feel that people rely on ADS snap too much. I find it almost impossible going up against anyone with the Ivana or the Masterton w/combination ADS Snap, those are just some deadly combinations that hardly anyone stands a chance against.
Just watching the way you play Nerrel I have a ton of respect for you. Its still nice to know that there are some great players that dont have to rely on some lock on feature. Same for Tech for not needing snap.

romulux

Rorylee wrote:

. I find it almost impossible going up against anyone with the Ivana or the Masterton w/combination ADS Snap

exactly, that guy today was mastertoning me to death in outpost from across the map which gets really annoying when you know that without the snap he wouldn't have landed a single shot.

thanks for the compliments rory. i think i'll turn snap off after tonight, i won't do nearly as well but it'll keep the pressure on to get better. it's amazing how fast you get dependent on it, whenever i had to hip fire i felt lost and didn't aim as well. plus playing as bond today everything just felt off, neither his p99 or anova were any fun to use with the snap. no disrespect to you guys who keep using it though, seeing how many enemies use it and how much it powers you up i can definitely understand.

Edited on by romulux

Urbanhispanic

you know...now that you guys brought it up again....I did at some point go into my options to see if i had the ads snap on a while back...and lo and behold it was....so i turned it off and it's been off...and sometimes it hard to get someone from afar...even when you aim with Z and shoot them....it pisses me off when other people use them and you see how much XP points they earn because of it....I am learning to play without it...but....sighs

Proud owner of a Switch, Wii U, Wii and 3DS.

Ask me about the games I own :) I am looking to add friends on the Switch and Wii U.

3DS Friend Code: 4597-0422-2431 | Nintendo Network ID: Bx_Lounger

longtimegamer

@Shi: Good game... I had fun.

I think I had my snap on on until today, when I learned about it. I think I switched it off (I think). I seemed to do pretty good for me though. Is snap automatically on unless you turn it off?

Edit: @Urben: OOH..,you have to use z to use snap? Maybe it didnt affect my shooting much then (Unless I just happened to be holding down z)

"NO SOU...

romulux

longtimegamer wrote:

Is snap automatically on unless you turn it off?
you have to use z to use snap?

yes, it's defaulted on. the way it works is that as long as your cursor is near an enemy when you aim down the sights with Z it'll lock you right onto him so that your gun is perfectly on target. you can be aiming 20 feet away from someone across the map but when you press Z you'll be lined up right on him without having to do any work.

Spoony_Tech

Yes it is longtimegamer! Ill be honest I used snap on my other two accounts. I had to see how it work and being low level with crappy weapons still doesn't work well head to head. But for those tough to aim kills its crazy how east it is to kill. Now add a strata to ads snap and it's game over. Ads snap is the reason I hate outpost now. I'm still on the fence about turning it on with my nl account since I never had but who knows.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Urbanhispanic

longtimegamer wrote:

@Shi: Good game... I had fun.

I think I had my snap on on until today, when I learned about it. I think I switched it off (I think). I seemed to do pretty good for me though. Is snap automatically on unless you turn it off?

Edit: @Urben: OOH..,you have to use z to use snap? Maybe it didnt affect my shooting much then (Unless I just happened to be holding down z)

yep....when some of the guys spoke about it weeks ago...i realized that when i zoomed in it was really easy to stick to the guy you want to kill...then when i turned it off, it wasnt so easy anymore....and i understood why some gamers dont like it.

Edited on by Urbanhispanic

Ask me about the games I own :) I am looking to add friends on the Switch and Wii U.

RoryLee

My games been freezing up a lot to especially right before the game ends, and all that hard work goes down the drain.

Urbanhispanic

im going online for a quick match or two before i hit the sack.

longtimegamer

Now I've got the snap thing that you earn and can equip on the preload. That alright? (The one that says something about shooting better from the hip)

edit: My wii froze tonight so I had to restart it. sorry.

"NO SOU...

RoryLee

@LTG, ADS snap is in the control options and it's not something that you have to earn.

komicturtle

Man, that last match in facility was horrible. I couldn't take more than 30 steps without being blown up x_x

komicturtle

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.