Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 4,641 to 4,660 of 10,277

lifesavedave

Tech101 wrote:

Trust me romulux he uses ads snap. I think we are the only two left who don't and I'm seriously thinking about turning over to the dark side. With all the high level players lately its starting to feel like I'm at a Hugh disadvantage!

Yep, I had ads snap turned off from mid 20ish level to 41-42level. My k/d instantly started climbing once i turned it on and it's just plain easier. I don't have to be 100% involved into the game like i would be with ads snap off. I can be talking to the wife or son and actually have a conversation with them and still play great with ads snap on. Where as with ads snap off i have to give all my attention to the game and be adsing in and out all the time. Just more fun overall.

Rom said "gun still freezes on the point you aim at and you have to shake the remote a little to unstick it before you can aim"

I have no idea how to double quote. But this happens all the time with ads snap and i have the "shake" down to a science. I barely even recognize i do it anymore.

Demon said @Tech" Your really not. Using ADS Snap is a pain in the butthole when there's multiple targets on-screen, plus coming out of it to snap on to the other person is bothersome. You HAVE to snap out because moving it over just doesn't work, it gets stuck on the player it got snapped on to like glue.

But its an absolute godsend for snapping on to enemies down long corridors or hiding behind cover, it kinda tracks it. But as soon as you snap on to someone you lose all control over ADS firing. And find that it takes a while (especially in laggy matches) for the cursor to respond after coming out of ADS snap."

This really isn't a problem for me, all i have to do is give it the little "shake" that rom was talking about and your good to go. I'm able to kill multiple people while never leaving the initial ads snap. Ads snaps flaws are not nearly as noticible once you have access to the insta-kill weapons also. Like how it always moves to the guy furthest away. Well you just insta-kill that guy and then quickly "shake" move to the next guy for your next kill.

Edited on by lifesavedave

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

romulux

i'm going to go ahead and assume tonight was a prank at my expense: "lets see if nerrel can get the box alone while we snipe and set proxies everywhere within 100 yard radius!" your answer: no. i at least put up a little fight in most matches, but damn that was rough! having no teammates didn't make things easier, but the few teammates i did have weren't exactly helping either.

xDemon720x wrote:

@Tech Your really not. Using ADS Snap is a pain in the butthole... You HAVE to snap out because moving it over just doesn't work, it gets stuck on the player it got snapped on to like glue.

that's exactly what happens to me when aiming down the sights without snap on. it happens either way, but at least with the snap you're already on your target when it seizes up. for me, i've still got to manually aim at them after dealing with the dead zone and getting it to unstick. trust me, you have a huge advantage in working around the glitches with snap on and that's not even getting to the edge in speed it gives you.

conduit 2 gives you a hardcore mode without lock on of any type, so we'll be able to see who aims best without the snap or (hopefully) a bunch of stupid dead zone bugs. you guys using snap will probably have a harder time playing in that mode.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Chris720

@Rom I should be good to go if its like CoDs recoil... non-existent. You have no idea how stupid CoD is, unless you've played it? You get no recoil on any of the guns, it shoots up ever so slightly but more-or-less stays straight the whole time... you can even shoot people from sniper-long distances with an AK, ofcourse you have to pump it rather than go full-auto. CoD is probably the most unrealiastic game out there, recoil concerned.

But this game? I kinda need the ADS snap since I'm so used to no recoil. And on the Anova? Its an insta-kill from any range with ADS snap on, tyhe recoil disappears and because it usually targets the head, you can kill quicker plus get 10 extra XP.

But depends on your play style I suppose, but I'd rather have it. Like Lifesaver said, you don't actually have to zone into the game to get any kills, all you need is Z+B, or whatever you have it mapped to. Easy kills galore.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

ultima6605

yea rom i use ads snap i don't know what i would do if i didn't.i tried ads snap off once and it was just terrible i seem to be shooting air and walls more than the actual target.anyways RDB you have conduit 2 right?is it worth buying?is it better than GE?cause if so i would wanna trade in couple of lame games that i have for the wii plus GE to get it since i dont have enough funds to actually buy it i was just thinking of trading in some games.

Edited on by ultima6605

goldeneye- NEW FC:1978-6954-7606
skype-ultima6605

RDB

Some good games last night folks... Rom, sorry you kept getting screwed on the other team in our attempts to BB farm. You did quite nicely though. It's super tough to get the box on some maps, say jungle, when it starts where EVERYONE has a clear shot at you should you make an attempt at even getting to it.

On another note, I'm going to make it a point of playing bb a bit more. I played that for a good chunk of last night and had about 25K xp in one night So yea, I was able to consistently break 100xp/min, which is kind of my goal when purely xp grinding.

@ultima, I do have C2. I would say it IS worth purchased, trading, etc. The online options look really great at this point. Without going into all the detail, if there is host migration, I'd say they've fixed most of our major gripes on GE. I'm not a huge sci-fi shooter fan, but this look to be decent initially. Of course, who knows w/out playing anyone yet.

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

Spoony_Tech

You could shoot the walls and test out the guns accuracy. Does of have experience to unlock more weapons like some of the rest of the online shooters?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

romulux

RDB wrote:

Some good games last night folks... Rom, sorry you kept getting screwed on the other team in our attempts to BB farm.

there were a few where i just about destroyed it, then you guys took it back and i couldn't get near it the rest of the match. i just wanted to win one against you guys, but with the teammates i had (or didn't) i could never find an opening once you surrounded the box. it was fun seeing how well i could do against the most extreme possible challenge, but i'd rather not do it again!

Tech101 wrote:

Does of have experience to unlock more weapons like some of the rest of the online shooters?

i should probably let RDB answer but from what i've seen you get 'currency' that you can use to buy what you want. it doesn't look like there's a progression of things given to you as you go on.

RDB

romulux wrote:

i should probably let RDB answer but from what i've seen you get 'currency' that you can use to buy what you want. it doesn't look like there's a progression of things given to you as you go on.

Yep, that looks to be the case. In fact, I got some "money" from completing certain tasks in the 1P mode that carried over to the online. Not cool, that means I may actually have to finish the 1P mode on this game

And Rom, it was cool cause usually Ultima is the one left on his own against us all. Well, maybe not cool, but a nice change. I'm sure even more so for Ultima!!!

BB farming FTW!

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

Matt96

I recently found out about something useful, a hero on hero melee is worth 60 experience so you get full credit, even though it's hero on hero, not sure how many points it is though.

New Goldeneye wii code:4885 9182 2486
3DS friend code (let me know if you add me): 1246-8768-4585

Kadabra

I thought you guys were all really anti BB farming?
If so this kinda proves my 'you hate it till you try it' theory

KADABRA* from the Pokemon clan.
Goldeneye FC is 4098 9496 8088
our clan site is pokemonfloss.webs.com, there's a chat and a forum and stuff (not as comprehensive as this forum though ;) ), feel free to come say hi.
http://www.youtube.com/user/00Kadabra to see my youtube vids of ...

romulux

Kadabra wrote:

I thought you guys were all really anti BB farming?

believe me, they weren't farming last night! i may have gotten my ass handed to me but i at least made them work to win those matches.

i may put snap on tonight just to see the difference it makes. i remember lifesaver suddenly jumping up and becoming really really good a while back and maybe that was when he turned the snap on. the thought of "press Z to glue the gun barrel to your enemy" seems anti-fun to me, but with the dead zone glitches it's not much fun either.

Gameday

GG cya l8er gotta dip peace

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
(Youtube) https://goo.gl/RZezjr
Nintendo Switch: 2899-5745-8667
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J
3DS: Gameday
Steam: Gameday_J

3DS Friend Code: 0705-5371-1465 | Nintendo Network ID: Gameday_J | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Well if romulux is switching I'm not going to be left in the dust! No way I'm going up against all of you will it on and me not!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RoryLee

Ive only made the ADS snap last week because I was getting pissed at low levels taking me out right away and I know their aim isnt that good from far away. Even though I still use snap alot of the times I still get the "the most hip fire accolade". I still stinks that I have to use it, I feel like I'm using steroids just to keep myself in the big leagues.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

Chris720

Join the ADS Snap darkside. Also is there a party option in C2? If so, we don't have to go teaming up with randoms, we can all go head to head (at last) without the BS of looking for randoms.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Use the FORCE Luke I mean Rory!!

MERG said:

RDB

Tech101 wrote:

Use the FORCE Luke I mean Rory!!

And by force he means snap.

@demon. Yes, there are invite only party rooms on C2. That will be nice... At least when we get everyone else on it too.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

RoryLee

@RDB, Tech should be more specific I thought he told me to make a drink. Lol

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

lifesavedave

Rorylee wrote:

@RDB, Tech should be more specific I thought he told me to make a drink. Lol

A couple drinks always makes me play a little better! Key word couple.

Man i wish i could play tonight to get some NL ADS spamming action!

@Matt96 I actually never knew that. I rarely punch people though. When i'm a hero i've been actually trying to shoot the other hero but not kill him if possible (alot of times not possible). That way you get the same 25xp for the assist and then your team mate gets a 50xp bonus.

Edited on by lifesavedave

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.