Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 4,621 to 4,640 of 10,277

Urbanhispanic

RDB wrote:

romulux wrote:

RDB, have you taken conduit 2 for a spin yet? i'm bummed that there are no reviews by now.

Well, I've played for about 30 minutes or so. It'll be tough for me to really give any sort of a decent review b/c I never played the first one. However, the controls are very precise w/ the motion plus attached, controls are completely customizable and the gameplay is smooth so far. I'm logging online as we speak to check it out and the first thing it did was check for updates... sure enough, one was ready, so I d/l it and it restarted after completing. I'm assuming this will help eliminate the hackers and such as time progresses w/ the online game. Initially online, there are a ton of options with your character for colors and such with locks of locked options. Only four loadouts, not sure if that's going to be restrictive or not? I tried finding a match and it started searching for "ideal" players, then "close", then "any". So, that may be a nice change as well to be paired with "ideal" opponents. There is also a private game lobby for custom games which seems to be invite only. So, that's as far as I am right now. Hijack over. I'm going to start a C2 fc thread also. Looking forward to seeing some or all of you over there as well.

Ok, switching to GE now cause I already miss the online play! Nothing will ever compare to the original 64GE... and the same is true for WiiGE as well.

that's good to know...I want to pick up the limited edition but my funds are low....sighs

Proud owner of a Switch, Wii U, Wii and 3DS.

Ask me about the games I own :) I am looking to add friends on the Switch and Wii U.

3DS Friend Code: 4597-0422-2431 | Nintendo Network ID: Bx_Lounger

romulux

dammit. ultima just got the most embarrassing domination on me i've ever had, courtesy of this game's delightful spawn system. i just kept popping up in the same place in docks and couldn't even walk a step before dying, and if i spawned on the balcony and jumped down he'd be shooting me in midair! i'm just glad it didn't get to 10 domination. i tried to get you back in the next match and managed to win but you still had a better ratio. bah!

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

ultima6605

@Rom haha that was one of the funniest match i have played,all i could remember is seeing rory as oddjob and throwing his hat at me LMAO!he actually got me once or twice and then you nerrel it was easy to hit you as a target since you were the tallest person in there (jaws)lol so yea i guess thats how i got the domination you,but nice game on winning at station i was kinda right behind you on the scoreboard.

@tech,rdb,rory sorry i didn't respond to your invite rory but kalypso[SS] had send me a invite already,it was funny how we ran into you at archives that match was brutal,but what i dont get is why did you guys start toobing?i know it was kinda unfair going up against 3 lvl56ers but there was no need for that,the only person that i think wasn't toobing was tech,but w/e it was still all in good fun i guess :/

Edited on by ultima6605

goldeneye- NEW FC:1978-6954-7606
skype-ultima6605

RoryLee

@Ultima, we were just being stupid using the noob-toob and it was nothing against you guys, mostly just for some laughs. And Classic Conflict was funny as hell I was just trying to get kills with the hat only and you Ultima seemed like the only person I would run into. And Nerrel I think every classic conflict match we had he was Jaws, lol. I had plenty of chances to get him with a hat kill but he always somehow got away. Good gaming everyone, fun stuff as always.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

UnderlingXIII

wait, are there mics in Conduit 2?

@Urban- what's your code?

GoldenEye 007: 1272-8050-9031
SSBB: 3438-4424-9516

RDB

ultima6605 wrote:

@tech,rdb,rory sorry i didn't respond to your invite rory but kalypso[SS] had send me a invite already,it was funny how we ran into you at archives that match was brutal,but what i dont get is why did you guys start toobing?i know it was kinda unfair going up against 3 lvl56ers but there was no need for that,the only person that i think wasn't toobing was tech,but w/e it was still all in good fun i guess :/

That match was terrible!!! We were just joking about toobing on our skype call and then when there were 8 million proxies around, we decided to do it. Don't worry, it was all in good fun. It just sucks when there are literally 4 proxies around every corner. I know, I had minesweeper on. Of all the boards for us to run into you guys on... archives. It would've been much more fun on ANY other board! And it was late, our judgement wa impaired!

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

Matt96

Sorry I haven't been on much lately, I will be on alot this week and this video perfectly explains why I haven't been on http://www.youtube.com/pokemon#p/u/0/3GKykZ5zmqU

New Goldeneye wii code:4885 9182 2486
3DS friend code (let me know if you add me): 1246-8768-4585

UnderlingXIII

not to spyched about the next gun being Drumhead :/ I think the Kunara is better

romulux

i decided i don't want to use proxies any more and put high cap mag on, then find myself against ultima and some SS and SD guys with proxies everywhere and none to fight back with. d'oh! i wouldn't have minded if the grenades actually blew your mines up, i kept throwing them at ultima's usual spots and got nothing, then the second i walk by BOOM. it was a lot of fun, for some reason i killed you with my pistol more than my strata.

UnderlingXIII

I think GoldenEye is gonna die now after Conduit 2

Spoony_Tech

No its not! I'm not going any where. Need level 56 and its going to take me a while.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

UnderlingXIII

wow, finally got some posts here

RDB

@viper, AWESOME!!! I couldn't agree more. I'm excited for some of the options that C2 brings to the table, but I'll never stop playing GE! Not only does it have the nostalgia from the original, but it has a uniqueness that comes from it's realism that isn't found in other shooters. And of course, Rom can't be Jaws in any other shooter!

@rom, you had mentioned the pistol being super powerful in Conduit, and I think that remains in C2. Range is limiting, but it seems to delve out more damage than any other conventional weapon so far, plus you move much faster with it than other guns.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

romulux

RDB wrote:

@rom, you had mentioned the pistol being super powerful in Conduit, and I think that remains in C2.

what made it great in the first one was that it could fire fast, was accurate, and did a lot of headshot damage, so if you locked on and blasted someone in the head it'd kill way faster than most other guns. i read that in conduit 2 they neutered the pistol by making it less accurate and reducing the clip but from what you say it sounds like it's still strong at least.

by the way, ultima do you use downsight snap? i think one of the other guys said you did, i notice at long ranges it's really hard to shoot you before you're already blasting me. it's not even a difference of how fast the lock on works vs. how fast i can manually aim, it's an issue of the stupid dead zones glitching when you ADS without the snap. with snap turned off the gun still freezes on the point you aim at and you have to shake the remote a little to unstick it before you can aim, which i'm getting pretty sick of doing. that glitch alone has probably gotten me killed more than all the others combined.

Spoony_Tech

Trust me romulux he uses ads snap. I think we are the only two left who don't and I'm seriously thinking about turning over to the dark side. With all the high level players lately its starting to feel like I'm at a Hugh disadvantage!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RDB

Tech101 wrote:

I'm at a Hugh disadvantage!

Those darn Hugh disadvantages...

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

Chris720

@Tech Your really not. Using ADS Snap is a pain in the butthole when there's multiple targets on-screen, plus coming out of it to snap on to the other person is bothersome. You HAVE to snap out because moving it over just doesn't work, it gets stuck on the player it got snapped on to like glue.

But its an absolute godsend for snapping on to enemies down long corridors or hiding behind cover, it kinda tracks it. But as soon as you snap on to someone you lose all control over ADS firing. And find that it takes a while (especially in laggy matches) for the cursor to respond after coming out of ADS snap.

Its useful, but sometimes its just a pain in the .

Edited on by theblackdragon

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

UnderlingXIII

sorry RDB, could you invite me again? I saw you weren't in a game, so I waited and hoped for an invite and all I got was "Party invite from [NL]RDB timed out"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.