Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 4,221 to 4,240 of 10,277

romulux

great. so the next time i wind up on the opposite team it's going to be "hey. nerrel's around that corner... i'm going to shoot him in the back of the head, you go for his face!"

i did a match last night with a host who seemed to be holding out well, there was another 56 level guy there and he stuck it out against both of us. then after a few matches a guy named "quitterssuck" joined and boom- immediate host quit. no one had killed him recently, i'm convinced he did it just to spite that guy. it was actually kind of funny....

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

RDB

@drew... Whew, good games last night. Like Lifesave said, the 4-man DS team was tough! Like I said last time, you guys are some of the few players who move as fast and as much as the NL regulars I'm used to. Looking forward to sharpening my skills some more against you all.

@Rom... yes, I will use any means I can to get you when ur on opposite team ... except the toob. I won't do that!

@skype... thank you for bringing evenmore fun to this game. And curse you for getting me killed when someone says something hilarious and I can't hold the wiimote still!

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

grenworthshero

Well, dang. I guess I'm going to have to go buy that laptop I've been putting off getting, so I can skype with you all downstairs by my Wii.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

DrewDS

Yeah we have been using Skype for awhile now... in fact I'm going to toot my own horn here and say that I was the one that brought the idea to DS. Dave I sent you a request on Skype to add me... andrew.packer look me up if you didn't get it.

Been playing Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition... THAT IS A SINGLE PLAYER GAME PEOPLE! There are not many... if any games... that can pull much time away from me and Goldeneye right now but RE4 is one of them. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for the incredible price you will find it for. One the best games ALL TIME... bar none. I'm considering picking up RE5 after I'm done w/ it for 360 although not sure my 360 is working.

I picked up WWE Allstars yesterday (Rented it) and its not what I was hoping for. Its basically a poor man's WWE No Mercy (N64... best wrestling game probably all time) meets NBA Jam... and it doesn't play as well as I would like. Definitely worth a rental though for Nostalgia. Monster Hunter Tri is probably too slow for me. Anybody else play any other games? I don't think I'm going to like Conduit 2... part of the reason I like GE so much is because of the attachments... which do you think it will have silencers, scopes, reflex, laser, heavy hitter, snap shot...? Doubt it. Alien guns... no fun. lol it will probably be ok but not as good as GE I'm betting.

Edited on by DrewDS

As a man thinketh so is he...
FC: 3468-3854-4569 [GE]

lifesavedave

Viper i don't know how far the range is for the wireless headsets but i would bet you could set up the skype phone conversation on your computer then just go downstairs and start playing. Once you get a conversation started you wouldn't need your computer again unless you wanted to add another party to the conversation or hang up.

Rom yeah thats pretty much exactly what we did to ultima when we played him on archives last night. He still racked up some kills but when ever he killed one of us three the other two would then know where he was.

@drew added you, thanks. About re4, my family has put in more time playing re4 then goldeneye, no lie. I have played it through dozens of times, knive only, rocket launcher only, pistol only, speed game, highest accuracy i could get rounds. One saved slot alone is on it's 12th round through. Great game, mine is scratched up currently and doesn't play well so i need to get a new one but i can't ever find it in stores anymore.

Edited on by lifesavedave

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

Kadabra

i've been craving RE4 recently funnily enough... I want to do a free guns only play through, or maybe handgun only after that Rocket only sounds coool though
Dave, I put Goblin 6's FC on my Sigmus thread for you

For those who don't know, I have a low level profile (12 atm) who only ever uses a sigmus or a torka or PP9. It's tricky but fun!

KADABRA* from the Pokemon clan.
Goldeneye FC is 4098 9496 8088
our clan site is pokemonfloss.webs.com, there's a chat and a forum and stuff (not as comprehensive as this forum though ;) ), feel free to come say hi.
http://www.youtube.com/user/00Kadabra to see my youtube vids of ...

lifesavedave

Ok kadabra I,ll add you a little later tonight. I,m not sure why but the repeat play through of re4 just never gets old. Sniper only is good for a run through. Again great game.

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

Kadabra

Chicken egg only run through is for the truly hardcore
Which of your accounts should I add? The one in the 2nd account thread or your main?

KADABRA* from the Pokemon clan.
Goldeneye FC is 4098 9496 8088
our clan site is pokemonfloss.webs.com, there's a chat and a forum and stuff (not as comprehensive as this forum though ;) ), feel free to come say hi.
http://www.youtube.com/user/00Kadabra to see my youtube vids of ...

Spoony_Tech

@lifesavedave Hey I hit you up with a Skype invite as well.

@ DSDrew resident evil 4 is one of my all time favorites but I really didn't care for re5. As much. I beat it once and said its no re4. And went and played somemore re4! Its got better graphics and all but something about it just didn't seem right.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

grenworthshero

lifesavedave wrote:

Viper i don't know how far the range is for the wireless headsets but i would bet you could set up the skype phone conversation on your computer then just go downstairs and start playing. Once you get a conversation started you wouldn't need your computer again unless you wanted to add another party to the conversation or hang up.

That's an awesome idea; maybe I'll try that. I use skype all the time so I know how it works, but I don't know how a wireless headset would work. But then I couldn't hear my TV very well, and I rely very much on the sound to hear what n00bs are trying to sneak up behind me and slap me to death.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Revanmann

gae anybody? i'll be on in 5

Currently Playing:
Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Star Wars: Squadrons
Black Ops Cold War Zombies
Favorite game: Super Metroid

romulux

DrewDS wrote:

I don't think I'm going to like Conduit 2... part of the reason I like GE so much is because of the attachments... which do you think it will have silencers, scopes, reflex, laser, heavy hitter, snap shot...?

it has even more attachment choices than goldeneye, the selection screen looks pretty intimidating. they do have a different angle on it though, in the article i just posted over in the conduit 2 thread they say they don't like the progression of bigger and better guns as you go through, instead they want each gun to be its own different thing with its own unique ability. it might be kind of fun playing a game where lower levels aren't at an outright disadvantage... as long as they start you with the USP i'm set for the game!

another nice thing about conduit 2 is that they give you the option to play with pickups instead of loadouts. a feature like that would've made absolute sense for goldeneye.

Tech101 wrote:

Its got better graphics and all but something about it just didn't seem right.

the exact moment it lost me was when zombies were using assault rifles and ducking behind cover. i had a lot of fun with it, especially mercenaries, but they didn't seem to know what type of game they trying to make. plus, using dual analog after seeing how much better 4 was with the remote really sucked.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

lifesavedave

Kadabra wrote:

Chicken egg only run through is for the truly hardcore
Which of your accounts should I add? The one in the 2nd account thread or your main?

Chicken egg only run lol! It took me a second to get that. I've tried multiple times to kill someone with an egg but never did. Its kinda like the improvised acculade on GE! Just can't ever get a kill with it! I would say just my secondary, I normally play it during the day anyway when yoour more than likely on. But whatever is cool.

Gotcha tech won't be home till tomorrow though.

goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

Spoony_Tech

@livesavedave I think he was talking about only using the eggs for health. Not for kills LOL!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Chris720

RE4?! Get CoD Zombies. I joke ofcourse.

I'm liking the way C2 is looking so far, looks like a much upgraded version of GoldenEye, that's for sure, but what I really want to know, is how many modes it'll have. Because this very thing plagued WaW for Wii and GoldenEye too, sort of.

GoldenEye doesn't have all that many objective based games, most of them are FFAs, Team Deathmatch, Hardcore Team Deathmatch and Gold Gun, which is basically an FFA but with a more powerful gun.

GoldenEye and Black Box are the main modes with objectives where if you don't complete the objective, you lose. Heroes isn't much of an objective based game, its still a straight up TDM but with a more powerful guy on your team, and at times, who will only show up here and there forcing it to be just a normal TDM but with a higher score limit...

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Revanmann

hellooooo??? anybody or do just want to talk and be boring X)

Currently Playing:

lifesavedave

Lol I wondered about that at first. You guys still need health potions when you play that game? I don't remember if I ever tried to do that actually but possible for sure with the chicago typewriter and handcannon.

goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

thelegendoflink

Yes! I just got a 5 elimination streak on Ultima [SD] !!! Because I always shot his back

Currently playing online: Kid Icarus Uprising.

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2131-6340

Revanmann

@ LifeSaveDave what the HECK??!!?!? that nightclub round either you were hacking or they were i got grenaded EVERY FREAKING SECOND

Currently Playing:

Revanmann

Hey, great games LifeSaveDave i'll be on tomorrow too so most of the day actually so if'n ya wanna play send me an invite, and my first couple games i wasn't on my game 'cause my wi-fi was really lagging. oh, and if we play tommorow use the Drumhead, Strata, and Ivana. if i can pick those up and use them enough i can lvl up WAAAAAAY faster with those weapon proficencies soo.... yeah then i can play more mode! lol anyways,
see you tommorow hopefully.

Currently Playing:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.