Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 4,181 to 4,200 of 10,277

RDB

romulux wrote:

if you guys want me for a clan fight i'm up for it but be warned i'm running on 2 hours of sleep!

Ha ha. The dedication is awesome. But I'm sure it could be scheduled a few days out or something.

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

grenworthshero

xDemon720x wrote:

grenworthshero wrote:

@Demon
What do you mean by that? Yes and no to what?

About the "Host Quit. Ending Game...", you keep your EXP on CoD, but not on GE. Unless the host quits on the scoreboard, then it HAS to go through with it and add your EXP to your total. But ANY time before that, you lose everything.

Well, that sucks. I played a few games this morning, and pulled out a close win, and the host quit after the scoreboard showed and right as it was loading the round intermission screen I got the "Host Quit" message.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Chris720

@Grensworthhero Yeah, you should still keep your EXP on the loading screens.

@RDB I would go up for a clan battle, but my history with clan battles isn't good... however, I have always been praised by clans that I can usually pull out a win from nowhere, but this depends on who I'm fighting with and what skill the opposing team have. But, if you want, I'll do it... but, personally, I'd choose Tech, his flaming headless chickeness might save your buttocks a few times lol.

Also, has anyone had this: Host Quits on the loading screen, I press 'B' and it gets stuck at the "Cancelling..." screen, forcing me to reset, grrrrrr...

EDIT: If you guys want, I can build up some sort of strategy for the maps... I did it for a CoD 4 clan before.

For example, point out common camp areas, sniper hideouts, quicker ways to get from one side of the map to the other without being seen, flanking positions, best gun for the situation etc.

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

grenworthshero

Well, it wasn't actually at the screen waiting for the next round, it was right between the scoreboard from the end of the last round and the screen for voting for next round's maps. But whatever, it's not a big deal. I'm (mostly) used to host quits by now, I just wasn't sure if it counted this time or not.

Edited on by grenworthshero

Chris720

@gren (can I call you gren? its easier than typing your full name lol) How can you get used to HQs? They make my blood boil. :/

Also, I am now using a calculator, take my existing XP I need and then taking it down by however much XP you earned in that match (no life much?), also helpful if you were squirrelled out of your XP.

YouTube

RDB

xDemon720x wrote:

@Grensworthhero Yeah, you should still keep your EXP on the loading screens.

@RDB I would go up for a clan battle, but my history with clan battles isn't good... however, I have always been praised by clans that I can usually pull out a win from nowhere, but this depends on who I'm fighting with and what skill the opposing team have. But, if you want, I'll do it... but, personally, I'd choose Tech, his flaming headless chickeness might save your buttocks a few times lol.

Also, has anyone had this: Host Quits on the loading screen, I press 'B' and it gets stuck at the "Cancelling..." screen, forcing me to reset, grrrrrr...

EDIT: If you guys want, I can build up some sort of strategy for the maps... I did it for a CoD 4 clan before.

For example, point out common camp areas, sniper hideouts, quicker ways to get from one side of the map to the other without being seen, flanking positions, best gun for the situation etc.

Funny you mention the map layout strategies ... I was thinking about the same thing the last few days. I think it's a great idea if we're really interested in being great at team play. But otherwise not really necessary. I think we've got pretty good team play as is but imagine if we had defined roles and strategies. I'm a dork.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

grenworthshero

@Demon lol, Idc what you call me; it's not like it's my real name, anyway, and most people do use "gren" lol.
I dunno, it's still really annoying when a host quits in the middle of a game, but I play for fun, so I really don't care all that much unless it happens a lot in a row or something. Or if I'm playing for proficiencies, and then it's really annoying

Matt96

I got it!!!!

Edited on by Matt96

New Goldeneye wii code:4885 9182 2486
3DS friend code (let me know if you add me): 1246-8768-4585

romulux

xDemon720x wrote:

EDIT: If you guys want, I can build up some sort of strategy for the maps

i've already got a strategy, kill everything that moves and win.

granted it usually doesn't work...

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Matt96

I recently noticed that there is a spot on then first level of the Night club, that you can snipe from and see part of the green room which everyone always hides in, might be useful.

New Goldeneye wii code:4885 9182 2486
3DS friend code (let me know if you add me): 1246-8768-4585

RDB

OK!!! Zack Fair, I mean, lifesave, I mean Ultima... wait, Ultima[SD]... WTH...? What is happening to my friend list?

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

ultima6605

@NL hey ppl i just wanted to let you all know iam no longer with NL i have join with the clan SD i had my reasons but i would still like to play with you guys its always fun and great teaming up togther so dont be afraid to send any invites i will still Join games just not when iam with my clan but i think i still can get some games tonight with NL and i wont be posting up here anymore but i will drop by to say hi once in a while thanx and keep having fun cause thats what GE is all about.

goldeneye- NEW FC:1978-6954-7606
skype-ultima6605

romulux

i was wondering what that was about. have you considered how intimidating this would look?

[NL]Ultima[SD]

nice games RDB, lifesaver? and i think matt96 for a little while. we didn't lose one by my memory, we were in control of everything the whole time. the internet even felt like it was running well, crazy!

Edited on by romulux

RDB

Man Rom... mine was really choppy. I was getting so frustrated cause I couldn't see people while turning. I had to turn really slow or run in straight lines. Glad we still won them all cause I would've felt terrible if we lost cause of me. I love the strata silenced w/ lightfoot... but even that doesn't totally make up for the stupid choppy turns. Good games though.

@ultima... have fun over there. I think it's kind of crappy to switch like that, but whatever. No hard feelings man. You're a great player and it was fun! I'm sure we'll play some more soon.

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

romulux

so here's the team i was with in that match where i was against you guys- i laid proxies to cover my back as zukovsky (since they weren't doing it) and they immediately shot both of them, killing me because i was near one. next time they threw a random grenade and hit one of my proxies and killed me again. great. i'm glad i didn't get killed by mines any more than i did, because going up against two proxiers without being able to use my own would sucked! i'll try to get back on after some dog walking.

grenworthshero

Wow, there are some pretty bad players on tonight (but that could be just because I'm used to playing with NL). I had to carry the weight of my entire team just to win most of the time. I had a 27-6 and a 29-6 kdr tonight. I was playing heroes but I had to quit because it was just boring. No one was spawning heroes and everyone was just kind of running around not really doing anything. Playing with a bunch of 40+ ranked NLers all the time really makes you better at this game.

Edited on by grenworthshero

romulux

RDB, it sucks that your end wasn't running well earlier, with how well it was running for me i'm kind of surprised. i guess that's the cost of hosting, but on the bright side you never have to deal with the glitches the rest of us do... i notice when hosting that the dead zone glitching goes down a lot and hacking goldeneye consoles actually works (and gives you the xp bonus) every time on the first try. you also don't lose any shots so your guns seem like they're doing more damage.

i busted out the terralite tonight and i've missed it, on maps like outpost it can definitely give the strata a run for its money. at long range though you almost have to aim ahead of your enemy so that they run into your bullets since they have a delayed hit, i've never noticed that problem with the strata.

grenworthshero

romulux wrote:

at long range though you almost have to aim ahead of your enemy so that they run into your bullets since they have a delayed hit, i've never noticed that problem with the strata.

This is why I like the Stauger better. They really are very even guns, though, I think. The Stauger has much higher power, but the Terralite has much faster firing speed, so each gun makes up for its flaws. Overall, the Stauger's stats are better, though, but I guess it depends on your playing style which one you like better, maybe. Someone convince me otherwise, because you all seem to swear by the Terralite.

Chris720

One of our 56ers left us... disgraceful!! now wait for the rest of them to leave... But good luck over there Ultima.

@Rom Yeah, I try that and it doesn't always work, which is a bit odd. But I'll try to find the map layouts and post up good position spots, mainly for the game modes that have an objective anyway (GoldenEye, Black Box etc.).

@RDB, (Zack Fair?!), Matt96, good games last night guys. We dominated them well and truly! However, I think we did get our butts loved in one game... I think it was the one on Facility where that teammate kept becoming the hero and dieing shortly after.

Edited on by theblackdragon

YouTube

Spoony_Tech

No livesavedave was Zack fair. I have no idea why but he is in my slot right next to Ultima so that's why I know it was him. I haven't seen anyone else in nl that experiments with his name as much as him LOL!

@Ultima I agree with rdb on this one. Really sucks you just decided to switch your tag. Seems to me they just wanted to have someone high on the leader boards. Your a very good player but I think you are being used by SD just to make them look better. You weren't with us from the beginning and only join us about 2 and a half months ago but most of your experience was with us. Have fun trying to catch prince-luigi because I personally believe that's the reason they wanted you. Its also a personal shot that you will not be posting here anymore. Don't know what that's about but I think that's what ticked me off the most really. Its like you just cut off all ties with us and deserted to the enemy and you know it and that's why you wont post here. Anyways you are free to do anything you want but think you should have done it differently! Have fun with the game that's what's most important I guess!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.