Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 3,981 to 4,000 of 10,277

RDB

I WILL be playing some ge tonight... it's been very little for the last week or so, so I'm looking forward to some good games and xp. So close to the strata!

@neo. lvl 42 is a tough place to get frustrated b/c it's a long boring grind to 45. Good luck. And I only use multi-task for sniper loadouts right now, but Demon, I like your loadout as well. Maybe I'll make one of those too.

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

Mabbit

Wow, we've almost reached a whopping 4,000 posts

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Chris720

@RDB Agreed, getting from 42-45 is boring as hell. Having nothing for 43 and 44 is so annoying, especially since you have to wade through 100,000+ xp and no reward until you get to the Strata and then after that its just more grinding... why they had to make it so that you need 40-50k xp before you level up again I do not know... I love CoD more mainly because it doesn't take so long to freaking well level up.

Also, might I add to the class/loadout again:

Main: Kallos TT-9 w/ Silencer *
Secondary: Toros AV-400
1st Tier Perk: Remote Trigger Mines
2nd Tier Perk: Light Foot
3rd Tier Perk: Multi-task

Since the Toros can't use a silencer, attach it to a random gun (in this case the Kallos) and have the Toros as a secondary. Since the Toros has some nice accuracy it can be useful for No-Scopes and far distance shooting and use the Kallos to go to town sneaking around the battlefield looking for a new location to setup camp. Remote Trigger Mines are useful for clearing out those guys that just won't move or covering ya ass. Also setting them up in obvious sniper locations (for example: Towers and high-rise platoform thingies at each end in Memorial), he tries to snipe you, BOOM, he's outta there.

*You can choose any gun you want, but I prefer the Kallos since its got some nice damage and you're not dropping a hefty weapon for the enemy to use against you.

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

romulux

xDemon720x wrote:

*You can choose any gun you want, but I prefer the Kallos since its got some nice damage and you're not dropping a hefty weapon for the enemy to use against you.

why not use the terralite? it's got more damage (the game stats are wrong). even if the kallos were stronger it shoots so much slower that it'd take longer to get kills anyway.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

grenworthshero

I actually liked the Kallos a lot better than the Terralite. I seemed to do a lot better with the Kallos for some reason, so I may switch back.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

DrewDS

Tech101 wrote:

Yeah handguns was a blast last night. DS drew was a pain to take done with only a handgun but was oh so satisfying to do so when he was a hero with it. Bond it a freak with his handgun. I never used it till last night and didn't realize it took people out so easily. It almost seems easier then his anova. Because you don't run out of bullets as fast. Thanks for turning me over to the dark side romulux for some handguns. We were owning some decent players most of the night with it. I had one brutal game but had like 5 hero kills and was tops on the team and even that was fun! I had to switch that last game just to change it up before going to bed.

DS drew you guys came in earlier and my connection from hosting just couldn't keep up since your to good. Later on my connection was holding up much better and I was actually doing much better against you. Nothing like taking down a hero with a handgun I tell ya!

Tech you a good dude I appreciate it. I was taken off gaurd when I saw yall using hand guns lol. Fun games tonight too... I could only do a couple my girlfriend was blowing my phone up : ). Look forward to more later... be cool to play just you and me on a team sometime too.

Whats funny about the handguns (Don't know if it was my connection running smoother than normal or not) but you seemed easier to hipfire than normal because you move around less perhaps when using them... not just you but the whole team.

Edited on by DrewDS

As a man thinketh so is he...
FC: 3468-3854-4569 [GE]

romulux

well tech, i don't know what it was like for you with the three of us coming after you and only you that whole archives match but i'll bet it sucked. i thought license to kill would be fun but there weren't enough people joining to keep us on the same team. at least you got a lot of kills!

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

lifesavedave

Hit level 56 yesterday. I was grinding hard and thats why i didn't play with you guys. I knocked out over 65,000 playing all day. But it feels good to end the xp battle. Had some good games i raked up a 72/1/11 in archives, so i beat my personal best by one kill. I still had time left too unfortunately. A nice little 2335xp towards the grind.

So i've been using the the ivanna to finish the leveling and i'm really liking it. I know i've read all of your thoughts but it's insta-kill is working for me. I've found i just had to be patient with my hip firing and making sure i'm lined up right to not run out of ammo. Distance i don't think is as good as the stratta suprisingly. But i really liked the acog, speedreloader, and bio. Well agianst sub 44level guys. Haven't played against stratta wielders yet. Tried the silenced, HH and bio also and the sights are just not great. Not sure yet.

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

RDB

Some fun games tonight rom, ultima, juan, lum, tech ... All I can say is I apologize for my crappy play. I was seriously out of sorts when I started tonight. I made the mistake of speeding up my controls even more, so than combined with playing so little for the last week... I was terrible for too many games. Actually struggling to keep pos kdr sometimes, that sucks. It was cranking up the sensitivity that really killed me. I can deal with the faster speed, but too much sensitivity and smaller turning zones made for a rough few games initially.

@DS folks, good to see you guys around. Hopefully we get some more matches in soon.

@dave. Congrats on 56! You've really blown through the last 15 levels! It feels like it's taking forever just to get to 45! I'll be happy to pick up whatever ivana config you leave laying around.

Edit : question for all you lvl 45+ ers. Does the strata kill as fast as the anova? I've come to really appreciate the anova lately, but you guys have really built the strata up.

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

DrewDS

RDB wrote:

@DS folks, good to see you guys around. Hopefully we get some more matches in soon.

Edit : question for all you lvl 45+ ers. Does the strata kill as fast as the anova? I've come to really appreciate the anova lately, but you guys have really built the strata up.

Yeah I hope so as well... most of us are on about every night (I sometimes am not on Sun - Tue FYI) so it would be cool if some of you who have headsets DOWNLOAD SKYPE (Which is FREE FYI) so we can voice chat (or text message) so we can set up games easier. We could essentially have clan battles 2-3 times a week if we wanted (And this includes other clans if they would do the same).

If you can't do that (Which... damnit you should) then get on our chat or your chat. I finally found your chat & RDB and I talked a little but I simply joined your games w/ 1 of my guys (Because I had 2 guys w/ me but w/ 3 guys in a party its hard to join someone elses game because there is rarely 3 slots available so we weren't all partied up hence the split game @ the end which we won by the way ).

As to the Strata question lol... Up until like level 36 (And I still debated which was the better gun until the Strata) I almost exclusively used the Sigmus 9 (Sniped when I got bored). I thought it had the best hip fire in the game. Granted... when I used the anova I didn't use snap shot (Which I regret now). The strata to me is like the sigmus 9 on crack. It has the same rate of fire, pretty much the same accuracy (Actually more accurate I believe) and is much more powerful. Now when I used teh sigmus 9 I would use Heavy Hitter as well because I hadn't unlocked light foot yet. I'm curious and think sometimes I should replace Lightfoot w/ heavy hitter on the strata thinking it would be lik 1-2 shots kill... but I haven't yet. I may toy w/ it @ somepoint.

We played the RS clan (And they beat us) this weekend. I don't think they could beat us straight up gun / hipfire battle... but they played REALLY SLOW. They didn't run out and hipfire battle, etc. They more or less camped and waited for us to come to them. It took me (Us) off gaurd and hence we lost. (4-2) In that scenario if I could do it over again I would take off light foot and replace it would heavy hitter. I suppose it would be good to have both in a load out. For a loadout I would recommend DEFINITELY using snap shot (I didn't at first and it cost me a few games). I'm a remote mine fan so I don't need the high clip or fast reload as it reloads fast as it. I also prefer the acog surprisingly as I even hip fire better w/ the acog on the strata than the reflex or laser. Hope that kind of answers your question. It pretty much mows them down like the anova but the anova has a slightly faster rate of fire but the strata is much more accurate which makes up for it. It it fired any faster I don't think the accuracy would be as good.

Spoony_Tech

Ah drew you can thank me for that victory at the end. You were lucky to have me LOL!

As for the strata. It is sick how accurate it really is. It's recoil is not nearly as bad as the anovas either. The anovas down the sight is not that good but the strata stays on your target without all the recoil. I use the reflex sight though. I just like it better for ads. Even though I hip fire most of the time.

@Romulux That archives match didn't bother me to much. I did die bit I was surprised how well I still did. If I didn't die I think it was 5 times in a row without a kill I would have won because I did get a 5 streak of my own at one point. Its like you said a few days ago. We are all get really sick with the handguns! The other day when I went something like 17-11 against you and racked up over a 1000 experience in that game made me have to check which gun I was using. Low and behold it was the P99. I still had not fully upgraded it yet and was surprised how well I did with it. Nice set of games last night and I look forward to many more pistol fight as I'm getting better all the time. Playing against you guys makes me kinda have to!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Matthias

are all of you playing at midnight??? round 22:00?

Wii friendcodes
Monster hunter tri: 78L7K3
clan: http://mh3kingdom.wiiforumzone.com/forum
Goldeneye: 1215-8451-1729 If you are dutch then join this clan
http://n-agents.forumactief.com/
Mario kart: 2794-1914-3399

DrewDS

Tech101 wrote:

Ah drew you can thank me for that victory at the end. You were lucky to have me LOL!

I agree... but whats up man?! I get on your guys chat more than you do! Its: http://tinychat.com/nintendolife right? Its good to communicate lol...

@ Tech... you should try the Acog... I was shocked to see it performed better on the Strata than it had for me on other guns. (I tried it and preferred reflex on other guns) Including hip fire...

Edited on by DrewDS

Spoony_Tech

Sorry drew. I'm on my phone and it wont let me in the chat room. I can try your at another time but just one more for me.

Thanks drew I might give that a shot! Good games today except that one on night lub going up against you was brutel today. Didn't help my team kept spawning either.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Matthias

does anyone know the "le duc" clan? it sounds that they are french but they are strong.

Wii friendcodes

DrewDS

Matthias wrote:

does anyone know the "le duc" clan? it sounds that they are french but they are strong.

Yes... Yes... and Yes... heh. Someone was telling me they kind of run in a, "Pack formation" so to speak. They are beatable... but good.

Edited on by DrewDS

Matthias

as i said.... they are french bastards...

Wii friendcodes

Matthias

if you can speak french you can read this... Le niveau minimum maintenant pour le recrutement est 45.
but it saids that you only can join their group if you are lev 45 or higher

Wii friendcodes

lifesavedave

Good games tech and drew. Its funny that we ran into arcainine today because i was going to bring him up. My wife was playing yesterday and i saw his name on the start list. Hearing that he was one of the best i grabed the controler for a go. He was as good as i've heard. My sigmus 9 was no match for the stratta though. But what i did notice is that his hip firing is top notch. Tech i'm pretty sure your the best hip firing person i've ever came across so i was thinking man if those two every meet up i would like to see it. Sure enough next day, you two match up! Completely not fair at all since he had a masterton and he left after that one game but i was really excited there for a second. By the way I can't wait to see what you do with the masterton. Which made me think since you hip fire so much why don't you use a shotgun?

@drew sorry i bailed but my internet was lagging up on me bad. Since i'm at work the connection can be hit or miss sometimes. EDIT what is DS website?

@rdb after you get the masterton leveling up is a breeze. Your pretty much going to get atleast 1200xp on archives with that beast. Then once you get proxies it just helps that much more. Oh and it really helps that every other game is archives. You would think people would learn and not pick that stage against high levels but they do it anyway for some reason.

@mathias sorry we never hooked up. Maybe next time.

Oh when i left you drew i jumped into another game hoping it was just your connection. I found the le duc guys. I was pretty excited but it ended up being my connection causing the teleporting so i had to quit. Oh well.

Edited on by lifesavedave

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.