Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 3,701 to 3,720 of 10,277

romulux

i was really glad we got those pistol matches in, after getting frustrated by the game so often lately i wanted to put the usual stuff aside and just have fun. i was glad everyone picked up on the pistols so fast, i think only one of the randoms was sticking to his machine gun (and of course, he's the one who killed me most). i forget whose friend said we wouldn't be good without stratas but i think we proved that not only do we not need high level guns, we don't even need primary weapons.

tech, holy crap. those black box matches sucked. at least until ultima came in, we really needed his help! i was mad those guys actually managed to xp farm us. we were fighting pretty well, it's just that there's only so much you can do when you run across the entire level to get to the box, blow up before even seeing it, respawn across the map, and do it all over again and again.

isforshooting wrote:

@Tech, Nerrel, Ultima
I'm curious as to why you bailed in the middle of our last game? Kind of seemed lame since you were losing...

when the other guys backed out we had been on a winning streak, so it's not like any of us rage quit. i stuck around for another round but a few of those matches was enough. i don't particularly like wading through proxies.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

ultima6605

i agree with you Rom i was glad we had some pistols matches something different and alots of fun i only pulled out the kunvra.v cause i saw you with your hawskman it must be really hard to use a pistol like that especially if it takes a couple of rounds to kill much respect rom.nice games to hotlunch,iratejawa,and bruvlianch i had never played a match like that before with so many high lvls on both sides almost everyone there was above 50 those were some of the best black box matches hands down.

lifesaver nice job lvl 52 i saw you running around with the masterton not giving a chance to ppl to pull the trigger you did that to me couple of times once in the sewers match and then again in the docks when i was facing you so how do you like the gun so far?i know its a killer weapon especially on small maps.masterston and the ivana are my two favorite guns in GE.

Edited on by ultima6605

goldeneye- NEW FC:1978-6954-7606
skype-ultima6605

romulux

ultima6605 wrote:

hawskman... it must be really hard to use a pistol like that

i love it but it seems like the first few shots never hit even when i'm right on people, i never know if i'm just a millimeter off or if the game is being buggy. the wolfe kills with one hit anywhere in license to kill, which is awesome! i wish pistols were as effective in normal modes as they are in license to kill, using a hawksman in a regular match is suicide.

ultima6605 wrote:

those were some of the best black box matches hands down.

once you were there to help they were great, but it was very different before that! my k/d and win ratios dropped a lot from just those 3 matches.

Edited on by romulux

RDB

romulux wrote:

the wolfe kills with one hit anywhere in license to kill, which is awesome!

picked up someones wolfe tonight in the club!!! I love it. I'm hooked. Finished lvl1 weapon xp the first time I picked it up! It's crazy powerful, pretty good fire speed, and decent re-load as well. Even got a few hip fire kills with it. So yea, keep leaving them around.

Sorry bout using kunera in our pistol matches... it's all i have as secondary, or multitask for sniper... I'll have to give one loadout the hawksman just for those impromptu pistols matches. And what are your thoughts on grenades/mines during our pistols matches? I used the remote mine once in the club, I think it was on you Rom, and then felt kind of bad about it since it was all pistols.

If we could get 8 NL at once, we could do pistols heroes mode!

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

romulux

RDB wrote:

And what are your thoughts on grenades/mines during our pistols matches?

i didn't really care since everyone was just doing what was fun, but it was way harder to kill you before you could detonate them with a pistol the way you can with a machine gun. also, a word of warning about the wolfe- it's hip fire sucks, almost as much as a rifle. it can be pretty tricky hitting people with it, even though it's awesome when you do.
closed the quote tag — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Spoony_Tech

isforshooting wrote:

@Tech, Nerrel, Ultima
Good games tonight fellas, for the most part. Although, I'm curious as to why you bailed in the middle of our last game? Kind of seemed lame since you were losing...

Yeah I'm glad that my team joined in those matches because it was crazy. I wasn't ready for the total carnage that was about to happen. My Wii froze at least right at the end of the one match. Can't remember which one but wanted to play with some of the other members that were on anyways. Archives wasn't fun at all though. Its near impossible to do anything without worrying about proxys everywhere. Mine sweepers doesn't help either because by the time you detected one and disarm it your being shot in the back or reloading! Good games though and I wasn't backing out of them for anything!

Sorry about the host quit tonight. My kids have been sick and my daughter came out crying and I just turned my Wii off without thinking I was the host. Speaking of which my hosting was so laggy tonight. Sucks if your going against RANDOMS but I usually still do well but against two level 56 players there is nothing I could do but die often. I still had loads of fun though. I'm glad romulux and Ultima joined my game earlier though because it was crazy. Romulux you seemed to do alright after a bit though. Even before Ultima showed up. Once I seen the teams were even I then thought it was on now. Weird being the lowest player on the board though. Before you guys came I finally knew what being roast beef felt like!!!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RDB

xDemon720x wrote:

Heading on now for a bit if anyone's interested.

I'm interested... but working.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

Chris720

Omg... the holes camping in Jungle... . All I can say is they must get very bored sitting in one area 24/7...

If you see The Saint, you may as well leave, he's a pr0 camper at sitting on stairs waiting... anybody can do that, sir, but there's a reason we don't... lemme think... oh yes, ITS BLOODY BORING!!

I don't mind camping as a hero, because if the hero dies, your enemy gains 5 or 10 points. But camping as a regular dude? Oh comon... its retarded people!

If anyone have this mind set, there's something wrong with you:

Camper: "I'm going to play GoldenEye and all I'm going to do is sit in a corner and camp waiting for people to come towards me!"

Me: "Erm... enjoy? 'Cos while you're twiddlin' with your thumbs or whatever, we'll be out getting killstreaks, unlike you!"

Edited on by theblackdragon

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Nayr-WaR

I had some really bad games(as usual) today, although I had youtube on at the same time, which distracted me a bit... still only lvl 16... it takes WAY to long to lvl in this game...

NNID: Nayr96

romulux

xDemon720x wrote:

Camper: "I'm going to play GoldenEye and all I'm going to do is sit in a corner and camp waiting for people to come towards me!"

you are going to love proximity mines. they are the anti-camper. i throw a few in that booth and speaker rack in nightclub every time i pass them and sure enough, after a few seconds i've eliminated a would-be sniper.

RDB

romulux wrote:

xDemon720x wrote:

you are going to love proximity mines. they are the anti-camper. i throw a few in that booth and speaker rack in nightclub every time i pass them and sure enough, after a few seconds i've eliminated a would-be sniper.

And you protect me long enough to get a few snipe kills and move on. Thanks fellas

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

TLink9

romulux wrote:

RDB wrote:

And what are your thoughts on grenades/mines during our pistols matches?

i didn't really care since everyone was just doing what was fun, but it was way harder to kill you before you could detonate them with a pistol the way you can with a machine gun. also, a word of warning about the wolfe- it's hip fire sucks, almost as much as a rifle. it can be pretty tricky hitting people with it, even though it's awesome when you do.
closed the quote tag — TBD

TBD is so helpful I wish nl had a staff appreciation day.

That is TLinkerbell to you!
[17:17] theblackdragon: considering i have neither an xbox nor a ps3 :3
[17:17] Corbie: Nintendo fangirl alert!!!!
[17:17] James Newton: Uh oh
The James Ne...

@demon are you just hating on that camper because he got a better k/d then you. I mean what did he go 8/2? But seriously i'm with you that has got to be so boring sitting there for that long just to kill a couple people. Yeah that camper went 10/1 or whatever but there only getting 200xp! Thats going to take forever to level up.

@ultima when i first started playing this game and did some heros matches. Two things came to mind. First i loved bonds proxies! Second i was all about zuk's shotgun! Level 56 was never my goal but 53 was. I'ts nice to almost be there.

Today I killed you and three other dudes at the same time in the docks with just a couple bullets! As much as I love the stratta theres no way I could have done that with out the shotty. I'm still getting used to it since i've never used shotguns but it's comming along. Yeah I like it.

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

romulux

sorry guys, i handed pokemon more than a couple of those matches, i seemed to be the hero at the end of half of them and they got me seconds before the end every time. there was one where bulbasaur threw a proxy and i blasted it with an entire clip from zukovsky's masterton and it just wouldn't blow up, then a guy shot me from behind while i was fiddling with it. i think we were 115 and they were 110, so i was pretty pissed when that happened!

lifesavedave

Sorry rom, rdb and tech. Man those were some killer matches. I would say 1/3 of my deaths were due to proxy. It's tuff to get anything going when your getting blown up every other life.

I was just about to make a loadout with minesweeper/masterton too. I had one for the stratta but not the shotty. Dang I needed that perk. 29,000xp till i get my own atleast.

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

lifesavedave

all of those games were decided by one hero kill or a couple points.

Im pretty sure m16 won every match we played. Dang proxies!

Good job also rom, tech and rdb even though we didn't leave on a good note.

Edited on by lifesavedave

goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

Spoony_Tech

Don't feel to bad romulux. If I hadn't died so much maybe we win a few more. I still need to work on playing different with high level players. I'm sorry for dying to much in those last few!! I still had loads of fun and want to do that again. Livesavedave did they link to us through you? I don't have any of those players as friends on my list! Well next time ill try not to die as much and kill the same! And get to those proxys so we can even things out!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

lifesavedave

No it was just random that we met each other.

Tech I thought you did good. You seemed to be killing tons of people but you appeared to be blowing up as much as me. I remember at one point I was telling myself to go F@&%$ these dudes up and win one. I then went and hit 3-4 proxis in row. I was like yeah way to go and show them!

On a positive note i did dominate tentacool and bulbasaur. That was early though when we were m16.

Edited on by lifesavedave

goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

romulux

lifesavedave wrote:

I remember at one point I was telling myself to go F@&%$ these dudes up and win one. I then went and hit 3-4 proxis in row.

haha, exact same thing happened to me. in that docks match i just thought "i'm tired of blowing up, these guys need to die!" i charged in at them guns blazing, BOOM. major insult to injury.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.