Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 3,121 to 3,140 of 10,277

romulux

Tech101 wrote:

Like a facility run the other day against romulux I duck for cover to reload he ducks for cover to switch to his pistol.

i remember the strata burned out of ammo just as fast as your anova in that fight, so we were both caught empty. that tactic of switching to the pistol instead of reloading has saved my life about a hundred times by now, i'm surprised not many other people do that. congratulations on the level up!

ultima6605 wrote:

@ROM.no i stoped using it a long time ago even tho the strata does burn ammo quickly i try not to waste a whole clip on just one guy

my problem is that i can kill one guy with about 10 bullets but then more people will charge in either while i don't have enough ammo left for them or i'm reloading. the other night when i was going against you guys the ammo glitch always seemed to happen just as two or three of you guys came around a corner, and 20 shots isn't enough for three lifers at once.

maybe with all the extra stratas on the ground taking high cap mag off won't be so bad, since there'll be plenty of free refills. i've noticed the glitch doesn't happen very consistently, sometimes it does refill your clip to 38. part of me was thinking i should keep it on and deliberately walk over the guns i've dropped when it's nice and quiet to get the glitch out of the way.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Kbird48

On heroes at docks today our team had 2 heroes at once!

Goldeneye name: [NL]Shadow
Code: 1083-8242-8293

lifesavedave

Stealth I owe you big time for being the host on my 48/5 run! That would have for sure been a host quit!

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

UnderlingXIII

18:3 silenced Sigmus boom baby, and then everyone started following me on the next map

GoldenEye 007: 1272-8050-9031
SSBB: 3438-4424-9516

X_MxTnk_X

lifesavedave wrote:

Stealth I owe you big time for being the host on my 48/5 run! That would have for sure been a host quit!

I was laughing the entire time during that game too. [NL]ifesaver -> someone. And im like, AGAIN???? LEAVE SOME KILLS FOR ME JERK! Nah but you did amazing, i noticed you got 1600+ exp too. It definately wouldv'e been a host quit i agree.

Good games today, hope you hit 45 , i started to do bad late, and that last game with getting the accident deaths, it was like me warning you i was quitting lol, that level 41 just appeared everywhere i was, and i got soo pissed today because everyone seemed to be 1 shotting me. even with an ak.

Edited on by X_MxTnk_X

Goldeneye - (0347-4039-1611) [NL]Chance/xMxTnkx/Toxinz/St3a1th

Used to hack, got another account for it. CT'S Finest if you wanna add, just tell me you did.(4422-0386-2001)

lifesavedave

Good games also today mxtnk, you got some pretty good xp with me. You were watching my back like a hawk on that nice run I had. Makes all the difference. Yeah i'm hitting lvl 45 today oh yes. I think I have 17,000 to go. Don't sweat having a bad game. I played a couple games against sam fisher earlier today and he was everywhere I was, I mean EVERYWHERE i wanted to be. I wanted his Ivana R so bad but I found on the ground once only to die picking it up.

@RDB you will love the annova. It is by far the best unlock i've gotten. You will see a dramatic increase in your k/d. There's no hi mag glitch so I def recommend using that because it does burns through ammo like everyone says it does.

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

Chris720

I have the same problem being Bond with the Anova, I run out of ammo so quick, I reload ony to die because someone waped me whie I was reloading, personally, I think Speed Loader will help out alot with that gun.

Only thing is, I don't want to be missing out on extra damage with Heavy Hitter. :/

And I don't need to do the Anova anyways since I've finished it by being just Bond.

I really want the Strata though, that thing just rapes everything in its path. Except for maybe the Ivana...

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

romulux

lifesavedave wrote:

@RDB you will love the annova. There's no hi mag glitch

there is, it just goes down to 28 which is almost a full clip anyway. it's the same with the terralite, i never even usually notice when it's happened. at short range it's just as good if not slightly better than a strata since it's got the same speed but better damage (and no major ammo glitching), so you'll hold your own against us well enough. just don't use it on big maps....

X_MxTnk_X

lifesavedave wrote:

Good games also today mxtnk, you got some pretty good xp with me. You were watching my back like a hawk on that nice run I had. Makes all the difference. Yeah i'm hitting lvl 45 today oh yes. I think I have 17,000 to go. Don't sweat having a bad game. I played a couple games against sam fisher earlier today and he was everywhere I was, I mean EVERYWHERE i wanted to be. I wanted his Ivana R so bad but I found on the ground once only to die picking it up.

Hah, i was following you lol, i was kinda taking your lead and "doing your job" as the lifesaver, but i also was watching your back to make sure no one creeped up on you to kill you, because that's my job. hence St3a1th

Used to hack, got another account for it. CT'S Finest if you wanna add, just tell me you did.(4422-0386-2001)

RDB

xDemon720x wrote:

And I don't need to do the Anova anyways since I've finished it by being just Bond.

Yea, I have too, but it's not about the xp for me. It's about having some variety in my loadouts/options. I'm down to having 2 snipe loadouts and 2 terra loadouts and I kind of juggle the 5th between vargen and drumhead, but rarely use either of them. I guess I'm just bored with the terra right now. I actually snipe too much b/c of that.

@rom, I didn't notice the ammo glitch on the terra. I used high mag for a while and occasionally put it back in, but I've never noticed it. Now the vargen, that had a terrible ammo glitch that seemed to happen all the time!

@lifesave, Sam Fisher got me the other night too when I was trying to pick up his silenced ivana. I got it and made it about 10 ft... red screen. Stopped trying after that. Nice run too 48-5 is crazy awesome!

I think it's time to speed up horizontal turning and cursor sensitivity a bit more so I'm prepared with the anova. Right now the terra has enough rounds to allow me to shoot and turn when close up with someone. The anova runs out much faster.

Oh yea, never made it on this afternoon. Ended up playing FIFA 11 instead w/ a buddy, but I'll be on for sure in a half hour or so. Hopefully there is some sunday night action this evening.

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

X_MxTnk_X

@RDB, 48 is really good, but someone's streak is 62! I mean how do you get that many kills on one life, let alone one game!

RDB

X_MxTnk_X wrote:

@RDB, 48 is really good, but someone's streak is 62! I mean how do you get that many kills on one life, let alone one game!

I'm not sure on this, but I think the streak # that shows on the leaderboard can be accomplished over multiple games. I think that's why you see players leave so many times after they die for the first time... they are trying to get a long kill streak. The other reason I think that is the case is my long streak is 21 (last time I checked) and I don't remember ever hitting 20. I'm pretty sure I'd remember it b/c of the xp that flashes up @ 5,10 and domination runs too, etc...

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

romulux

X_MxTnk_X wrote:

someone's streak is 62! I mean how do you get that many kills on one life, let alone one game!

"xp farming". a lot of those SD guys will do a black box game where they all block the other team from the box with their mastertons and just rack of kills the whole match. because there's no kill score limit you can get as high a killstreak as you can within the 10 minute limit.

i just realized how much more powerful we're going to become over the next couple of days, with tech and lifesavedave getting the strata and RDB getting his anova... i feel bad for the opposing teams.(and myself when i get stuck on the other side)

X_MxTnk_X

they don't accumulate though, otherwise id have like a 45, and demon would have a high one too. Noexp flashes happen at 20, only 25 and 30 again, and so on probably

Btw, have any of you guys tried a anova/strata with a thermal scope?

Edited on by X_MxTnk_X

lifesavedave

X_MxTnk_X wrote:

I would look at who has the streak of 62. If its a level 53 or higher than thats more believable. But I've read several threads on gamefaqs were people have "xp parties". where one guy goes around killing everyone and racking up a huge kill streak. Then they all take turns at getting killed over and over. So if its some level 30 guy with a 40+ kill streak, i'm really not buying it as being ligit.

edit: i wish a 20 kill streak did pop up to let me know to get serious and not just running into a group of guys hoping to kill everyone.

Edited on by lifesavedave

goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

RDB

@rom, ultima, lifesave... nice games tonight. I really look like a joke sometimes compared to you all. It's humbling playing with ya. Lifesave, you are playing crazy tonight... great kdr and xp just about every match. Sorry I missed you over on tinychat earlier when you left, I had it muted and didn't notice until like an hour later.

Picked up someones silenced strata for a bit in the club, and I really like that gun.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

romulux

i was doing horrible tonight, lesson learned- i'm never taking extended mags off the strata again. i was having so much trouble taking even one person out on one clip that i probably killed more people with my hawksman than my strata in some of those matches. i got desperate and switched to the masterton in sewers and you all saw how that ended! ouch. i've noticed when i'm hosting that my guns feel twice as strong, so i think with my connection i'm loosing a whole lot of shots and maybe that explains it, either way i can't afford to take high cap mag off. i may try again later after moving things to a room closer to the router.

Edited on by romulux

komicturtle

Those guys hanging cowardly in that room on Docks was really irritating last night.

And prior to that, I kept spawning in the wrong place. Nerrel kept killing me D:

komicturtle

romulux

that made a night and day difference. with full bars on the signal it now feels like i'm killing people with one hit, i don't know if you guys noticed anything but i think i was doing much better. i can see playing without high cap mag now but in the matches we just did the glitch didn't happen once even though i stepped on about 5 stratas, so maybe that's dependent on the connection too. i'm taking a walk but if any of you are still on i'll be back.

komicturtle92 wrote:

And prior to that, I kept spawning in the wrong place. Nerrel kept killing me D:

sorry, i was trying to give you a chance but it's hard not to shoot people popping up all over the place

komicturtle

romulux wrote:

that made a night and day difference. with full bars on the signal it now feels like i'm killing people with one hit, i don't know if you guys noticed anything but i think i was doing much better. i can see playing without high cap mag now but in the matches we just did the glitch didn't happen once even though i stepped on about 5 stratas, so maybe that's dependent on the connection too. i'm taking a walk but if any of you are still on i'll be back.

komicturtle92 wrote:

sorry, i was trying to give you a chance but it's hard not to shoot people popping up all over the place

I got a few laughs. And it's understandable. Just frustrating when you got someone locked on and you got shot unsuspectingly many times.. in a row lol

komicturtle

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.