Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 3,021 to 3,040 of 10,277

romulux

i've had a lot of 'misses' with the masterton too. it's really bad over distances, but it's also the case that the game loses your shots all the time. i'm about to put sniper rifles away for good because every time i use one i shoot entire clips at people, cursor dead on them, without a marker. either a badly programmed wall or box off to the side is taking the bullet or the shot just gets lost from a bad connection.

in matches like that i've hit people with whole strata clips without killing them, then hit them with five or six hawksman shots to finally take them down.... the hawksman alone is only supposed to take 4 shots to kill, so yeah, things clearly aren't working right sometimes. maybe don't use the masterton unless things are running really well and that'll help.

RDB wrote:

@Rom, it feels good to be missed for any reason, but I know the real reason you wanted me around... KILL THIEF

hey. you knew what this relationship was about when you entered into it. alright that's sounding weird...

lifesavedave if you don't come get this masterton i'm putting it away forever. you've had your chance!

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Spoony_Tech

My hosting was much better this morning. I'm wondering if its the amount of players on the servers at night that's killing my connection some times. Livesavedave did you have any lag in our matches this morning?

@Romulux I did some sniping for the first time in a while today and did fairly well. I did run into the same problems you were talking about though. A couple of times I was right on the person and it wasn't hitting them. That caused me to be found and killed before I could turn and get them.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

romulux

Tech101 wrote:

@Romulux I did some sniping for the first time in a while today and did fairly well. I did run into the same problems you were talking about though. A couple of times I was right on the person and it wasn't hitting them.

glad to see it's not just me. it mainly happens when i'm doing my cheap beginning of round sniping in nightclub. i'll be aiming over that short wall down the hallway and it seems to take every shot even though i'm aiming well above it. maybe i'll work up the drive to hook the wii up next to the router and see if it helps with any of that.

lifesavedave

Missed hits happen to me every time i'm trying to shoot into the boat room from across the hall and outside. It is literally impossible for me to get a kill from next to those steps. But Its seems like every person with a pavlov has no problem picking me off while there standing in that spot. Can be frustrating dumping 5 rounds in a snipers head in the boathouse and then get shot by that same guy.

@Rom (swaying a pocket watch in front of you and talking in a relaxing voice) You love the masterdon. You will never stop using it when you are playing with lifesaver. You will even randomly kill yourself so that lifesaver can pick up the masterdon. (back to normal voice) That should do the trick!

EDIT: Rory Lee did you see me trying to kill you with odd jobs hat today? It was the first time I've gotten to be him so I was given it a shot. Unfortunately you weren't having any of it and was basically using me as target practice! Think I managed 6 kills. Industrial is the only stage I need on classic thats left and at the start of the match it was tied with jungle. go figure the computer chose jungle.

Edited on by lifesavedave

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

RDB

lifesavedave wrote:

Missed hits happen to me every time i'm trying to shoot into the boat room from across the hall and outside. It is literally impossible for me to get a kill from next to those steps. But Its seems like every person with a pavlov has no problem picking me off while there standing in that spot. Can be frustrating dumping 5 rounds in a snipers head in the boathouse and then get shot by that same guy.

Aaarrgghhh... totally agree. I've actually sniped from outside by the steps before to test this. Direct headshots to people behind the crates in the boatroom do not register! How terrible is that. In my experience, the shots start to register when you're about 10-15 feet inside the building. And, obviously, you're usually dead by then. I've come to really hate the docks as a board when that becomes a camping room. It's manageable with 2 or even 3 enemies in there, but with 3 good players or 4 medium or better players it's really difficult to get in there. It's such a death trap right there where you can be shot from the boat room, the outside corridor, and both doorways.

Tech101 wrote:

@Romulux I did some sniping for the first time in a while today and did fairly well. I did run into the same problems you were talking about though. A couple of times I was right on the person and it wasn't hitting them. That caused me to be found and killed before I could turn and get them.

I noticed you haven't sniped in a while. But when you do, it's brutal. I've seen some awesome kill streaks from you with a sniper... unsilenced!

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

lifesavedave

@Romulux regarding your gamespot/gamefaq post. Your fighting a losing battle asking for people to not use proxies but I understand what your getting at. Thats why I recommend that maybe we try to get into some clan wars. That way you can play the best players head on with prearranged agreements to not use proxies or the auto shotty. I'm down for what ever and i'll try my best not to get slaughtered if you want me in the mix. Just an idea to get you on a level field with the so called best players.

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

ultima6605

lol nice game tech your really good for your lvl kinda mad tho usually get 20+ kills average but 18 was fine and what time do u guys go on ?wish i can play with you on my team next time not against you.

goldeneye- NEW FC:1978-6954-7606
skype-ultima6605

Spoony_Tech

ultima6605 wrote:

lol nice game tech your really good for your lvl kinda mad tho usually get 20+ kills average but 18 was fine and what time do u guys go on ?wish i can play with you on my team next time not against you.

Yeah i ran home from work to pick something up and decided to play one game. I first joined the game you were in but you had left so I decided to finish it up really quick. I spawned right in front of the whole enemy team holding the blackbox. I just kissed my you know what goodbye there. I then invited you but for some reason we got pitted against each other. We were definitly the two best on our teams and you did well also.

Yes I'm that pathetic to go home and hop on for one game!! :(

Edit: I'm usually on about 11 to 2am est. Also I'm going to add Elza because I don't want to be cought off guard and end up against both you and romulux at the same time. One at a time is fine but both no thanks! ;)

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

romulux

lifesavedave wrote:

@Romulux regarding your gamespot/gamefaq post. Your fighting a losing battle asking for people to not use proxies but I understand what your getting at.

the point they didn't seem to pick up is that i wasn't asking all players who unlock them not to use them, that'd be a stupid request. i was just wondering why the very best players use them so much, throwing both mines at the start of every life in every match. i wouldn't feel very good looking at the scoreboard knowing i got at least a half dozen kills by just pressing "+". i tried relating it to the noob tube, which i think is a pretty good comparison; just because you unlock something doesn't necessarily mean it's cool to overuse it the whole match. if they just threw one every now and then to cover their back i'd be fine with that.

i guess the difference in attitudes makes it clearer why i like playing with you guys so much. none of us really use any cheap tactics; i think we're a pretty fair clan compared to the rest... except for me using the masterton on the black box. what's your guys' verdict on that? is it bugging anyone when the matches are lasting 30 seconds?

komicturtle

You guys not missing me D:

Missing my love?

komicturtle

RoryLee

@Rom, If you wanted me to stop using my remote mines I would be more than happy to.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

Spoony_Tech

Rorylee wrote:

@Rom, If you wanted me to stop using my remote mines I would be more than happy to.

Here's the thing. Remote mines take a little skill. You have gotten me a few times to the point of frustration. I should expect them but sometimes forget how effective You are at using them. I remember one heroes match we did and came around a corner and seen you there think he's dead. Low and behold I looked at the ground at the last second and seen your mine and got ticked off. I was doing good that whloe match and my team was winning but you some how pulled it out in the last min and must of had a 10 kill streak to finish the game and win!

MERG said:

RDB

@rom, I just laugh at our 30 sec (that's long) bb matches now. I remember when I was like lvl 10 playing bb and wondering how mi6 won sooo fast. I thought it had to be cheating... now I know. So, I don't mind it at all.

@Ultima, nice games tonight. It's cool to have another really great player with the NL group. Except that I'll have to go up against you some too That was a fun first match in the club... first time we've ever played together and sure enough we're on opposite teams. It was fun though. However, it's more fun to play on the SAME team... Sorry about my docks and station performance. It was pathetic. I really dislike both of those boards and it shows in my game. I need to reconnect with those two boards so I can play better in there. If you are going to be playing around the same time as Tech, Rom, Lifesave, Rory and I... that means we are going to have some brutal NL battles coming soon. Welcome!

@Komic... I was just wondering the other day where you'd been. Now I know.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

komicturtle

RDB wrote:

@rom, I just laugh at our 30 sec (that's long) bb matches now. I remember when I was like lvl 10 playing bb and wondering how mi6 won sooo fast. I thought it had to be cheating... now I know. So, I don't mind it at all.

@Ultima, nice games tonight. It's cool to have another really great player with the NL group. Except that I'll have to go up against you some too That was a fun first match in the club... first time we've ever played together and sure enough we're on opposite teams. It was fun though. However, it's more fun to play on the SAME team... Sorry about my docks and station performance. It was pathetic. I really dislike both of those boards and it shows in my game. I need to reconnect with those two boards so I can play better in there. If you are going to be playing around the same time as Tech, Rom, Lifesave, Rory and I... that means we are going to have some brutal NL battles coming soon. Welcome!

@Komic... I was just wondering the other day where you'd been. Now I know.

Yeah, been playing Mario Sports Mix. Just had an intense match of all matches my mom conveniently messes me up. And this never happens when I play Goldeneye....

And I'll go on to see how much my slillz have taken a hit...

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

romulux

great playing ultima, i'll add your code tonight.

Rorylee wrote:

no, those are hard to use. you're earning those kills!

ultima6605

@tech101. yea we are pretty good and dont worry about leaving work just to play one game if i could i would do the same but my work to my house is to far lol and i will be on around that time i play goldeneye as much as i can when i have time.

@RDB. wow i didnt want to play against you the first match but i also wanted to see how good you were and let me say you,me and nerrel dominated those matches you guys are awesome also, dont worry about the docks and station board match we all have our badgames sometimes happens to me 2 cant wait to play with the other NL members.

Edited on by ultima6605

goldeneye- NEW FC:1978-6954-7606
skype-ultima6605

grenworthshero

All these new people I haven't had a chance to play with because I haven't been on...
Fine, I'll be on in a bit, come join me, peoples.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

RDB

So I tried to be the nice guy tonight and back out of my team to join komic so he wasn't alone against viper, tech, ultima and me... and when I came back, I WAS THE ONE ALONE! Say what? Ha, oh well. They were some great games. It was actually fun playing against all you crazy turkey shooters And you kept me up too late!

I've played against that RC Commander guy before and he was much better last time I saw him play. Tonight when he was on my team, he really didn't do much, at least while I was around. Oh well, nice matches all. It was a blast and I didn't even mind the docks matches cause it wasn't the normal "guard the boat room" madness. I have to say, Viper, when you were the mi6 hero and I came at you as zukovsky w/ the masterson, I unloaded almost the whole clip directly at your hero logo through the fog and it didn't kill you??? That must have been some body armor you were wearing. And then you shot me. Good brawl!

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

grenworthshero

@RDB Yeah, I have the bio-booster and I think I also have reactive armor, but I can't remember if I was using that loadout. I don't think I was, though, because I was using the sniper rifle in that match. The masterson is pretty inaccurate unless it's close-range, and I usually go for headshots, so that's probably what did it.

Sorry about sucking in some of those matches, guys; I was switching back and forth between my Terralite and the sniper rifle to get my proficiencies for that. I tried using the sniper rifle on nightclub a few times which didn't work out so well, but other than that, I was able to hold my own with the sniper rifle most of the time. I got really tired of losing to that same group of people in the beginning because they were spawning one hero for every 5 times we spawned a hero. Even though our kill counts were much higher, we still ended up losing most of those. I don't think they were spawning at all until lifesavedave joined their group and started putting up much better numbers than anyone else on that team.

Edited on by grenworthshero

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

lifesavedave

Wow those guys on the docks were the worst players I've ever seen. They weren't even firing. I was actually seeiing how close I could get to them before they would even react. they were all scattered in random corners, just standing there. I couldn't find them fast enough.

Good playing with you ultima. I like your playing style. Frantic run and gun!

goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.