Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 2,941 to 2,960 of 10,277

Kbird48

Kbird48 wrote:

@Romulux

Add me.

sure thing. i did add you earlier too, pigpen.

[/quote]

I am not pigpen, I am [NL]Shadow

Plus it is pigparty not pigpen

Goldeneye name: [NL]Shadow
Code: 1083-8242-8293

Pig_party

romulux wrote:

Urbanhispanic wrote:

quick question: how does the game choose who hosts the match?

the best connection hosts. upload and download speed is a factor but not as much as ping. unfortunately the game has no way of detecting how stable a connection is, so often people with the fastest internet will still have drop outs and lose everyone in the match. it kind of sucks, because komicturtle and shi have connections like that but because their speed is great they're always made host. as long as RDB is hosting there's never usually a problem.

Kbird48 wrote:

@Romulux

Add me.

sure thing. i did add you earlier too, pigpen.

It decides who the host is by whoever just is the first one to randomly start a party

GOLDENEYE
Username: Pigparty
Friend Code: 1189-5738-1428
Favorite Word: Shnazzlebear
What Time Is It: Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Banana Phone
What Team Do I Like: Pittsburgh Steelers

ElzaSD

The ADS snap thing about hitting you after you have gone around a corner can't be true. If it was then I would probably know...... And people would be dieing ALOT more

GE: 5221-7088-3259

Pig_party

Has anyone here played anyone named Brandogg, I have and he is like level 52 and every time I face him I crush him

GOLDENEYE

RDB

@urban. good few matches there. we were doing pretty well on our own, basically, till we were put against two lvl50+ers. Go figure. Elza and KingLeonidus (sp?). Good matches and very intense. KingL is a really good player. I know it helps w/ the masterson in the archives, but still, a great player. He was quick and accurate. You had 2 of 3 hero kills in that match... you were really quick in getting to the hero. Nice job!

@elza. Good games today. Fun to play with you again. It's very intense with you on the other team. However, I'm calling your BS on one account in particular. Proxys... I was killed at least 4 times in each of our 3-4 matches by proxies. And that's just me. Maybe I got killed more b/c I move around a lot??? So when you say you don't use them "often"... can you define that for me? Don't get me wrong, you have every right to use them all the time. You've earned them by putting in the time to be at the level you are. I certainly will use them when I'm lvl 53 or whatever. But to say you don't use them... BS. For some things, you call it like it is. For example- you're competitive, you're confident, you're good at this game. But for others, you are full of _ _ _ _. All in all, good to play with you again. Enjoy your west coast evening.

Heroes is becoming a team conflict to 120. I don't really mind, it's fun like that. But I play in as many matches with little or no heroes as I do in matches with a hero most of the time. Interesting how that turned out. I wonder if the developers thought of that? Probly not, along with all the other missed gameplay issues.

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

romulux

Kbird48 wrote:

I am not pigpen, I am [NL]Shadow

i know, i was responding to his asking earlier if i had added him yet.

going on now, we'll see if we can't piss a lot more people off tonight!

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

RDB

@pig & kbird... added you both.

@rom... be back after a few. Need a break from staring at a tv.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

Pig_party

Hey romulux I will B on tomorrow

GOLDENEYE

Pig_party

K RDB I'll add you tomorrow

GOLDENEYE

ElzaSD

I only really remember getting multiple proxy kills on you in archives.. I guess i also got a FEW on industrial but not THAT many...

I often forget to use proxies... okay i guess i use them but i mainly just put them behind me to cover my back to keep people from getting cheap kills on me (so i get a cheap kill on them instead, go figure lol). I use them the most on archives because everyone is moving around like that, plus theres so many routes i don't like to have to be constantly patrolling four different hallways :S

so do you think me using ADS snap was unfair or w/e? I don't remember if you said what your stance on that was?

Edit: I have played brandogg.. i don't mean to be a jerk but he doesn't seem to be very good... often when I have played with him the level 20-30 players on his team do alot better than him.... not to be mean or anything...

Side note edit:
If you play with prince luigi you will agree with me when i say i don't use too many proxies. Oh and if i remember right, i didn't get many proxy kills on anyone else.. they all seemed mostly stationary so they werent running into them. Plus i was kinda laying extra proxies (on archives) just trying to get you for fun

Edit #4:
I guess you are right, i probably use more proxies than I realize but it doesn't seem that alot to me

Edited on by ElzaSD

RDB

ElzaSD wrote:

I only really remember getting multiple proxy kills on you in archives.. I guess i also got a FEW on industrial but not THAT many...

I often forget to use proxies... okay i guess i use them but i mainly just put them behind me to cover my back to keep people from getting cheap kills on me (so i get a cheap kill on them instead, go figure lol). I use them the most on archives because everyone is moving around like that, plus theres so many routes i don't like to have to be constantly patrolling four different hallways :S

so do you think me using ADS snap was unfair or w/e? I don't remember if you said what your stannce on that was?

Ok, cool. Thanks for owning up to using them. It's no big deal that you do, I just want you to be honest with us and yourself about your game. And thanks for dropping that strata a few times I certainly picked it up and used it. The first time I picked it up, you killed me the instant I got it... boo. But I got a few kills with it the second time in the jungle. No time to pick up weapons in the archives though so I was stuck with my lowly vargen And if you want to use ads snap, that's your call. I kind of wish it was turned off in online play cause it feels cheap that some use it and some don't, but hey, to each their own. Since the designers left it available for online play, it's "fair" game. I can tell you that I've experimented with it in the past and my hip fire skills suffer really badly when I'm using it. I become dependent on it to get a kill and find myself ads'ing even for close kills, which is stupid, in my opinion. So, whatever floats your boat. Have you played with KingLeonidus before? He's really good too. It was a tough match with you both on the same team... in the archives of all places. If it wasn't him with a masterson, it was you with a strata or a masterson. And, did you noob in the archives? or was that just me walking into a proxy while you stood and watched?

Edit: glad you had fun getting me with your proxy's I had fun getting you with YOUR strata If I was playing me, I'd use lots of proxy's too knowing I'd run into them.

It's actually fun having you on this forum when you're civil b/c you're a good player and I'm sure I can learn from your play.

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

lifesavedave

I'm with you RDB on elza's proxyies usage. If your going to use them fine do so, but don't act like none of your kills come from them by saying you rarely use them.

when we played last night I was killed via proxy 3x each of the three games we played. Plus I hit multiple ones where they didn't kill me. So I would guess I hit 12 in 3 games and thats just me. I wasn't looking but i'm sure the other guys on my team were dying just as much by them. Thats a far stretch in my book of the term limited use.

oops late post edit

Edited on by lifesavedave

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

ElzaSD

Lol no i didn't noob tube there xD although i do have a custom noob tube loadout for when I get bored just to have a few lols

oh and by the way... I had ADS snap OFF the entire time, i just thought I would play under your expectations and whatnot

Honestly i don't think ADS snap really does a WHOLE lot, it initially centers on them, but after that you have to do all the aiming yourself. There is a tiny bit of aim assist but not enough to the point where you don't have to aim, and it only lasts for around half a second or so.

Using no snap wasn't all bad, with the bit of lag I have, when using snap, the aim often goes on to them for maybe a tenth of a second, then shoots off in a random direction, making it impossible to hit anyone but other than that its helpful. I speciallize in the longer distance and steady tracking of an enemies movement while you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy. But all to their own!

RDB

@elza, are you a ccp or wiimote player

ElzaSD wrote:

doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy

Oh, you noticed my dancing... Ha ha

edit: I'm going back on in a few... hopefully we can meet some more. In fact, why don't you post up your fc here. That way we can team up/play against each other more often?

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

ElzaSD

Formerly a ccp user (until low 40's i believe) but now use wiimote

ElzaSD

If i knew my Fc, i would post it, but I don't haha. My computer in currently broken so i'm using my wii internet right now

lifesavedave

ElzaSD wrote:

I speciallize in the longer distance and steady tracking of an enemies movement while you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy. But all to their own!

Dude that is some funny stuff! Seriously I think I pissed my self I laughed so hard.

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

RDB

ElzaSD wrote:

If i knew my Fc, i would post it, but I don't haha. My computer in currently broken so i'm using my wii internet right now

Ha, nice. They make this crazy stuff called paper. You can right stuff on it and then read it later. (you seem like someone who appreciates some sarcasm) So you are point typing? That sucks.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

ElzaSD

Pu.. puhhhh... pape... pay..per? what is this magical device you speak of! Whatever it is you must return it to the wizard or we will ALL be doomed!

also I am flattered you put that as you signature! just make sure to cite the resource

Riskia

Wow extreme lag on my end here

GoldenEye: 356-637-952-298 - Risky
Wii Friend Code: 4885-7276-9980-3002
Steam: Riskia
Xfire: animalcrackers16

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.