Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 10,277

romulux

nice games lifesaver. i'm wary about inviting people during the day since they may be trying to get their solo time in but i was in the mood to partner up on some people.

ElzaSD wrote:

i can play without snap but why would i play without something that helps, especially when all you are running around like kids who had too much caffiene (in regard to hipfiring, how you move faster while doing so)

there's a difference between using an aim assist to do the work for you and being good enough to aim fast on your own. you were upset that i kept shooting you impossibly fast through doorways, right? if i had been using snap i wouldn't have been able to do that because A- i never would have developed any aiming skills over time and B- the snap wouldn't have locked fast enough. it's supposed to be a crutch for noobs who can't aim, not a trick for high level players to exploit for easier kills (i've seen cyber's video).

if you're half as good as you think you are you should be able to play without it. i don't think any of us who manually aim are going to slow down for you, and the fact that you feel like we're too fast speaks volumes of how dependent you are on the snap. that's not trash talking, just constructive criticism! use the snap if you want, i'm confident enough in my own speed against it, i just think it cheapens a match a little. (especially when paired with a masterton)

ElzaSD wrote:

oh and this game doesn't really take much skill or anything, regardless of whether you use snap or not, if you want to play a wii shooter that takes skill, go play The Conduit and use the pistol online.

i actually played the same way, the USP was my favorite. i was disappointed they underpowered the pistols so much in this game, otherwise i'd be using the hawksman every match.

that said, the reason you think this game takes no skill is because with snap turned on it doesn't. conduit's lock holds the camera but you still have to aim on your own. with the snap your gun is stuck onto the enemy like a magnet, even from across the map. half of playing a FPS is alertness, good visual acuity, and awareness of all your surroundings so you can find enemy players before they find you. the other half is aiming quickly and accurately, a process which downsight snap entirely bypasses. from the sounds of it, i think you'd find the game much more rewarding if you turned it off.

i hope the negativity hasn't put you off from our forum, but you have to realize that if you come in trash talking that's where things are going to go. remember it's just a game, we're all playing it to have fun.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Pig_party

romulux wrote:

nice games lifesaver. i'm wary about inviting people during the day since they may be trying to get their solo time in but i was in the mood to partner up on some people.

ElzaSD wrote:

i can play without snap but why would i play without something that helps, especially when all you are running around like kids who had too much caffiene (in regard to hipfiring, how you move faster while doing so)

there's a difference between using an aim assist to do the work for you and being good enough to aim fast on your own. you were upset that i kept shooting you impossibly fast through doorways, right? if i had been using snap i wouldn't have been able to do that because A- i never would have developed any aiming skills over time and B- the snap wouldn't have locked fast enough. it's supposed to be a crutch for noobs who can't aim, not a trick for high level players to exploit for easier kills (i've seen cyber's video).

if you're half as good as you think you are you should be able to play without it. i don't think any of us who manually aim are going to slow down for you, and the fact that you feel like we're too fast speaks volumes of how dependent you are on the snap. that's not trash talking, just constructive criticism! use the snap if you want, i'm confident enough in my own speed against it, i just think it cheapens a match a little. (especially when paired with a masterton)

ElzaSD wrote:

oh and this game doesn't really take much skill or anything, regardless of whether you use snap or not, if you want to play a wii shooter that takes skill, go play The Conduit and use the pistol online.

i actually played the same way, the USP was my favorite. i was disappointed they underpowered the pistols so much in this game, otherwise i'd be using the hawksman every match.

that said, the reason you think this game takes no skill is because with snap turned on it doesn't. conduit's lock holds the camera but you still have to aim on your own. with the snap your gun is stuck onto the enemy like a magnet, even from across the map. half of playing a FPS is alertness, good visual acuity, and awareness of all your surroundings so you can find enemy players before they find you. the other half is aiming quickly and accurately, a process which downsight snap entirely bypasses. from the sounds of it, i think you'd find the game much more rewarding if you turned it off.

i hope the negativity hasn't put you off from our forum, but you have to realize that if you come in trash talking that's where things are going to go. remember it's just a game, we're all playing it to have fun.

Hey romulux did you add my code on GE cuz I added you

GOLDENEYE
Username: Pigparty
Friend Code: 1189-5738-1428
Favorite Word: Shnazzlebear
What Time Is It: Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Banana Phone
What Team Do I Like: Pittsburgh Steelers

Urbanhispanic

good games killthief...once again, you show off your skills.

My controls are better but I need to tighten them up some more.

Proud owner of a Switch, Wii U, Wii and 3DS.

Ask me about the games I own :) I am looking to add friends on the Switch and Wii U.

3DS Friend Code: 4597-0422-2431 | Nintendo Network ID: Bx_Lounger

RDB

@rom... we only played a few GE games, but that was all i could handle with randoms on our team. I forgot how much it sucks to just have 1 worthless player on your team and we had 1.5...

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

lifesavedave

Urbanhispanic wrote:

lifesavedave wrote:

good games urban. Only cow that grant sniper was the luckiest person ive ever seen. I've never seen anyone that good with a sniper from point blank..And he was killing my hero with one shot. I cant even do that with toros heavy hitter?

yeah that was pure luck. I did it before by accident so I know about that.

NO really I killed bond twice today in heros with toros/heavy hitter and it took two shots. How was he level 28 able to bring me down twice while I was bond on outpost with one shot? Head shot twice while I was running in my super fast hero state? I also could have sworn I saw him pull out a kunara and start firing. Oh well Im probably just imagining stuff from still being worked up from last night. Props to you grant.

Side not ROM does the WA sniper kill a hero in one body shot?

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

Urbanhispanic

lifesavedave wrote:

Urbanhispanic wrote:

lifesavedave wrote:

good games urban. Only cow that grant sniper was the luckiest person ive ever seen. I've never seen anyone that good with a sniper from point blank..And he was killing my hero with one shot. I cant even do that with toros heavy hitter?

yeah that was pure luck. I did it before by accident so I know about that.

NO really I killed bond twice today in heros with toros/heavy hitter and it took two shots. How was he level 28 able to bring me down twice while I was bond on outpost with one shot? Head shot twice while I was running in my super fast hero state? I also could have sworn I saw him pull out a kunara and start firing. Oh well Im probably just imagining stuff from still being worked up from last night. Props to you grant.

well you have to consider what kind of gun he used? If he is going to pull off a shot like that, he'd have to use a sniper rifle for accuracy but for power he'd have to use a WA rifle or the other higher up rifle. If he pulled out a Kunuva in the middle of it that would be crazy so maybe you were seeing things. But then again, that's why you learn what kind of guns they use when you hear the sounds of it so maybe you're not trippin'. It's crazy s*** when it comes down to it.

Ask me about the games I own :) I am looking to add friends on the Switch and Wii U.

ElzaSD

It wasn't that you were shooting me impossibly fast, it was that when you would go past a doorway, i would be lagging so bad that it would skip the video of you going past it on my screen, but on yours you could still hit me, thus making it impossible for me to shoot you. Thats what i was saying. Plus it doesn't help that the screen freezes up about about second for maybe a quarter of a second, making me unable to do anything at all. It stops me from moving, shooting, and anything.

As I have said, I just want to play you at a time im not lagging. And to play for fun. (because I have no fun when i'm lagging)

Edited on by ElzaSD

GE: 5221-7088-3259

lifesavedave

Yeah urban thats what I meant he was only level 21 so he shouldnt of had a kunara or any sniper other than the toros.

@elza Do you think you can explain to everyone one more time why romulux was able to kill you? I think i must have missed it somewhere.

So were you lagging last night also when I was killing you? But on a serious note I'm pretty impressed with my performance considering i'm only an above average player going against The #3 goldeneye player in the world (saying in a holy god voice).

edit. oops level 28.

Sorry blackdragon im back on track

Edited on by lifesavedave

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

RDB

@rom... good games this afternoon. I love it when high lvl players (30 & up) resort to noobing when they are losing. What was it club?, when those guys started? I can just hear them whining. And I was getting destroyed in the archives with the ss bros shotgunning all over the place. My heavy hitter terra just couldn't keep up running around sharp corners against the sly/pt-9. I would get a few shots off and was lucky if I got a head shot to at least take them down with me. Our team was pretty terrible in the archives too. They kept spawning in places where they were getting killed in less than 5 seconds. It all came out in the nightclub though, they finally started spawning and then we took them down.

I love picking up your strata! That thing has an awesome hip fire kill. If you're using anything other than hip fire/heavy hitter, I'm even more impressed, b/c it will kill in like 2/3 shots to the chest. And 2/3 shots happens SO fast with that gun.

Do you not like sending invites? I noticed you almost always wait for someone else to invite you. A few times I was waiting for you cause I was good with playing whatever...

@urban. I've invited you quite a bit and you never join? I don't mind joining your game, but once we're both in and the host quits or something, I'd send you an invite and you didn't join.

lifesavedave wrote:

Yeah urban thats what I meant he was only level 21 so he shouldnt of had a kunara or any sniper other than the toros.

I don't think you even get the toros that early do you?

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

romulux

twice in one day?

"TO ALL OF YOU [NL] A$$holes especially [NL] nerrel-

You lose, and then have to pull the plug because your sore losers. Wow.. Glad I know you got whooped douchebags. Every single time you lose.. tsk tsk."

you can always tell when we've done well by the rage posts on gamespot.

RDB, i wasn't doing well in those matches, specifically the last one, because my dead zone would not stop freaking out. in the last match it kept zig zagging side to side, to the point where every time i threw a grenade or mine it would hit the wall and come back at me. i don't know if it's because of the host's connection or what. and yeah, that guy in archives who kept insta-dying was for some reason was the only one of us ever able to play as bond.

i don't really like sending invites, mainly because i don't like choosing what we play. i'd rather have the other person pick their mode, i'll go along with anything.

lifesavedave wrote:

no. it's a terrible rifle, it didn't seem that bad at first but it's weak and the recoil really throws you off before you can fire again. the toros with heavy hitter is the only one aside from the gambit that'll do that.

Edited on by romulux

lifesavedave

Rom I saw that thread and instantly started laughing because I knew you guys put the hurt on some people!

@blackdragon I was alittle disappointed to see that you deleted my rant about elza. I hope he read it but if not it was probably ment to be. Funny thing is I accidently deleted it myself and wondered if I should even wast the time retyping it, guess I shouldn't have.

Back to ROM well the whole sniper upgrading sequence is dumb then. How are you going to unlock the 2nd most powerful rifle 2nd out of 5. Seems Backwards.

Edited on by lifesavedave

goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

romulux

ElzaSD wrote:

As I have said, I just want to play you at a time im not lagging. And to play for fun. (because I have no fun when i'm lagging)

if it makes you feel better elza i got killed by every shotgunner i faced today because their gun went off after i'd already killed them. every time we'd both die but my elimination was always listed first. do you not have this problem when playing with the SD guys? i can't even imagine what this game would be like if it actually kept up precisely with what was going on in the match, no lag at all.

RDB

romulux wrote:

ElzaSD wrote:

if it makes you feel better elza i got killed by every shotgunner i faced today because their gun went off after i'd already killed them. every time we'd both die but my elimination was always listed first. do you not have this problem when playing with the SD guys? i can't even imagine what this game would be like if it actually kept up precisely with what was going on in the match, no lag at all.

Yea, i love it when the xp for a kill shows up before the enemy dies. Or even better, you die after you've been behind cover for a half second or so. My personal favorite is when I headshot someone and see the xp show up for a kill then a moment later, hear a shotgun shot and sure enough, red screen. Moral, lag sucks, but we all have it and deal with it.

edit: @all, your thoughts and experiences on this. I read on another forum about an ads snap glitch that allows you to still be hit with shots even after you have gone behind cover if the other persons snap is still "locked" on to you. If that's true, that sucks.

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

Urbanhispanic

[quote=rdb]@rom... good games this afternoon. I love it when high lvl players (30 & up) resort to noobing when they are losing. What was it club?, when those guys started? I can just hear them whining. And I was getting destroyed in the archives with the ss bros shotgunning all over the place. My heavy hitter terra just couldn't keep up running around sharp corners against the sly/pt-9. I would get a few shots off and was lucky if I got a head shot to at least take them down with me. Our team was pretty terrible in the archives too. They kept spawning in places where they were getting killed in less than 5 seconds. It all came out in the nightclub though, they finally started spawning and then we took them down.

I love picking up your strata! That thing has an awesome hip fire kill. If you're using anything other than hip fire/heavy hitter, I'm even more impressed, b/c it will kill in like 2/3 shots to the chest. And 2/3 shots happens SO fast with that gun.

Do you not like sending invites? I noticed you almost always wait for someone else to invite you. A few times I was waiting for you cause I was good with playing whatever...

@urban. I've invited you quite a bit and you never join? I don't mind joining your game, but once we're both in and the host quits or something, I'd send you an invite and you didn't join.

yeah sorry about that...it seems that when i get an invite, im deep into another match to the point that i didnt want to lose my XP points. Then i'd leave the match to join you or anyone else playing only to see the "match is full" message on the screen. I waited a few times but got impatient and went into another match. I'm not ducking you at all. If I see you online, I'll join you unless you get me when I'm not playng.

Urbanhispanic

quick question: how does the game choose who hosts the match? I hate it when it lags like crazy but I'd be embarrassed if it turns out I was the reason it did. So how do you know who is hosting? and does the kind of router you have matter in terms of hosting matches without lag?

Spoony_Tech

@RDB Yeah I read the same thing! I wish this game wasn't so glitchy.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

lifesavedave

@RDB I personally think it is lag. The same reason why I can be standing behind someone and still get punched killed by them or shot bysomeone while standing beside them and they are clearly facing another direction. Another note, last night when I was playing another player he and I were back and forth strafing out into the open, firing and then strafing back into cover. We had this type of cat and mouse play over several games and I never once died while I was behind cover and I am 100% sure he had ads snap on. So I'm going with lag.

goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

romulux

Urbanhispanic wrote:

quick question: how does the game choose who hosts the match?

the best connection hosts. upload and download speed is a factor but not as much as ping. unfortunately the game has no way of detecting how stable a connection is, so often people with the fastest internet will still have drop outs and lose everyone in the match. it kind of sucks, because komicturtle and shi have connections like that but because their speed is great they're always made host. as long as RDB is hosting there's never usually a problem.

Kbird48 wrote:

@Romulux

Add me.

sure thing. i did add you earlier too, pigpen.

Urbanhispanic

romulux wrote:

quick question: how does the game choose who hosts the match?

the best connection hosts. upload and download speed is a factor but not as much as ping. unfortunately the game has no way of detecting how stable a connection is, so often people with the fastest internet will still have drop outs and lose everyone in the match. it kind of sucks, because komicturtle and shi have connections like that but because their speed is great they're always made host. as long as RDB is hosting there's never usually a problem.

@rom: thanks for the explanation. Speaking of GE goodness, I'm heading online for a few matches. I just made level 32 and I need to try out my drumhead shotgun and finish my leveling of the kunuva pistol.

Edited on by Urbanhispanic

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.