Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 2,661 to 2,680 of 10,277

Spoony_Tech

Matt96 wrote:

What happened was I put the game disk in, and the disk wasn't spinning, it took a couple tries, but it eventually started spinning, I could tell when it was spinning by a rather loud rev-like sound.

That's what mine starting doing before it crapped out. Hopefully yours will be alright.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

lifesavedave

If the laser does go and you want to replace it yourself I have an extra nintendo Y tip screwdriver I can send you.

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

RDB

going on now. chat open

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

romulux

TLink9 wrote:

That was me who saw you behind the box.

ah, that explains it; it was an NL'er. i couldn't believe i died on that one!

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Urbanhispanic

Matt96 wrote:

unfortunately, now the only weapons I have that I havent maxed the proficiency for are pistols, of which i've already maxed the golden gun.

I'm working on the pistols now. I already maxed the golden gun and the pistol that starts with a "t". Try out the goldeneye mode for the golden gun. It sucks in the beginning but as you level it up, it shoots faster and reloads quicker.

I'm going online now...if anyone is around, look me up.

Proud owner of a Switch, Wii U, Wii and 3DS.

Ask me about the games I own :) I am looking to add friends on the Switch and Wii U.

3DS Friend Code: 4597-0422-2431 | Nintendo Network ID: Bx_Lounger

Spoony_Tech

Just did my speedtest and came up with anywhere from 3.00 to 3.23mbps download to.36 upload and ping is 95 Ms. Might be on for a few in a bit.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RDB

that host just went 0-14... props to him for sticking it out. Phill, wherever you are, I'll shoot slower next time.

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

romulux

komix and shi, we've got to figure something out when you're in the party so you don't end up hosting, since your connections always give out but since you have the best speed it always chooses you. i was shooting whole clips into people jogging in place there, it was weird! we may have to form the party without you first and then have you join the game.

wow, i saw what mabbit was up against the whole night in those last matches. things went from nice and easy with NL to total chaos on the other team. i've never seen anything like that staircase fight in jungle, that one fight went on for like 6 minutes.

UnderlingXIII

romulux wrote:

komix and shi, we've got to figure something out when you're in the party so you don't end up hosting, since your connections always give out but since you have the best speed it always chooses you. i was shooting whole clips into people jogging in place there, it was weird! we may have to form the party without you first and then have you join the game.

wow, i saw what mabbit was up against the whole night in those last matches. things went from nice and easy with NL to total chaos on the other team. i've never seen anything like that staircase fight in jungle, that one fight went on for like 6 minutes.

yeah, although it is nice, go to the enemy spawn point, cheap, but help me finish my SLV proficiency

GoldenEye 007: 1272-8050-9031
SSBB: 3438-4424-9516

lifesavedave

romulux wrote:

i've never seen anything like that staircase fight in jungle, that one fight went on for like 6 minutes.

That was awesome fun! I can't believe I was Bond as long as I was there. Finally got taken out be grenades from the top and bottom.

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

RDB

romulux wrote:

that's right, i use RDB as bait to bring in my prey.

glad I can be of some assistance.

Also after chatting w/ Lifesave last night, I watched a few [sd] and [ds] clan youtube vids. It was interesting at best... the few that I saw were not all that impressive. It was good to see a few other strategies to the game. Most importantly, they were using ads snap in ALL cases and at least a few were using ccp. It was amazing how choppy the ccp movements were.

Having seen those videos and seeing how EVERY kill they get comes from ads snap, it's not really "fair" to put ads snap as an option. I'm not one to complain, simply the facts are is all that's needed is a quick button push and fire away... kill. They still die sometimes, but wow, especially from far away snap is very much an advantage.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

romulux

a lot of those really good players are totally dependent on downsight snapping for every kill. they almost never shoot from the hip, just hammer Z whenever someone's on screen, pull the trigger, that's it. they also have no qualms about proximity mining everything either.... it should at least be turned off for the "hardcore" license to kill modes.

here's cyber's video. notice how when he gets cornered and has to actually aim on his own he fails badly:
[youtube:IEpeSKuHPuk]

Edited on by romulux

Spoony_Tech

^^ That makes a lot of sense for the reason why Daisy fan would kill me so fast. I really don't know why its even there since it requires no skill what so ever. Makes me feel a little bit better now that I know I don't suck against those players. I guess if its in the game its not really cheating but still don't think any other Wii first person shooter has that option.

@Romulux Yeah that stair case fight was crazy. I don't even remember who won it. Just kept spawning us in the same spots so we were on top of each other for most of the game. I figured when you left our team you would join mabbits team. He needed the help for sure. Its always a challenge going up against you but I do enjoy it from time to time. Just don't want to keep looking for you though. When your on the other tem I feel like you must die first. No one else matters. I can spot from a mile away who you are. As well as face to face. I think we canceled each other out for the most part. The rest was up to our teammates. I was glad when mabbit left to get you back on our team. Its kind of nerve racking going up against you.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Urbanhispanic

@rom

interesting video clip. I have never faced off against him personally but I see the point you were making.

Ask me about the games I own :) I am looking to add friends on the Switch and Wii U.

Chris720

romulux wrote:

a lot of those really good players are totally dependent on downsight snapping for every kill. they almost never shoot from the hip, just hammer Z whenever someone's on screen, pull the trigger, that's it. they also have no qualms about proximity mining everything either.... it should at least be turned off for the "hardcore" license to kill modes.

here's cyber's video. notice how when he gets cornered and has to actually aim on his own he fails badly:
[youtube:IEpeSKuHPuk]

That is the most boring video of GE I've ever seen, all he was doing was snapshot, kill, snapshot, kill, rinse and repeat... put up some vids from NL players and people will be sitting on the edge of their seats going "WOW".

I'll get on in 30, but first let me rest my feet... so tiring walking home from college. D:

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Nayr-WaR

I walk home too it's VERY tiring...

I'll be on much later, maybe 8 or 9.

NNID: Nayr96

romulux

Tech101 wrote:

I was glad when mabbit left to get you back on our team. Its kind of nerve racking going up against you.

agreed, i had been stuck with some bad teams earlier and went up against a level 56 who kept mining and mastertoning me to death so i wasn't in the mood for any more challenge (at least he wasn't a hacker). too bad there aren't 10 or 12 players in this game so we could keep all of us together on one team.

xDemon720x wrote:

I'll get on in 30, but first let me rest my feet... so tiring walking home from college. D:

hey, at least your teachers were probably there. i drove 25 miles to find a "class is cancelled" note on the door

Urbanhispanic

romulux wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

I was glad when mabbit left to get you back on our team. Its kind of nerve racking going up against you.

agreed, i had been stuck with some bad teams earlier and went up against a level 56 who kept mining and mastertoning me to death so i wasn't in the mood for any more challenge (at least he wasn't a hacker). too bad there aren't 10 or 12 players in this game so we could keep all of us together on one team.

xDemon720x wrote:

hey, at least your teachers were probably there. i drove 25 miles to find a "class is cancelled" note on the door

that sucks dude

Chris720

romulux wrote:

xDemon720x wrote:

At least you can drive... I have to use my legs. D: And the bridge I have to walk over is massive. D:
Petroc: http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HK8vABcagz8/S6K4SgKwfQI/AAAAAAAAHm0/pW-...
And here's the bridge I have to walk over to go catch the bus home: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4410791162_9de8d50d3d.jpg

But lets change the subject before this turns into "This is My Life!" By the way, I have a pic of Prince-Luigi's life: http://bigpwner.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/GoldenEye-007.jpg

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

romulux

xDemon720x wrote:

At least you can drive... I have to use my legs. D:

well played good sir, but i think i can one-up you yet: class was actually not cancelled today and the note on the door was from several days ago and no one bothered to take it down, so i left campus for nothing. check and mate.

edit: you changed the subject before i could finish complaining! but yeah, i'll work out my frustrations playing online.

Edited on by romulux

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.