Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 10,277

RoryLee

@Tech-Do you have all of your accolades unlocked? I can't seem to get the reload, direct grenade impacts and the one where you play every mode on every map.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

romulux

Tech101 wrote:

lifesavedave wrote:

Well I got almost everyone's friend codes in and a couple minutes later my wii took a dump on me. it won't read any game now, just a disc error message.

What I did was go to ebay found a new drive and replaced it myself. With some online instruction it was pretty easy.

i think he should buy the disc cleaner before doing anything else. i use it once every few weeks to keep the loading times fast and it really gets the job done.

gren, my connection definitely isn't ideal but it's not so bad; my download rate is full on but my upload rate is crap since the wii can't broadcast a strong enough signal back to the router. (if you check speedtest.net from your wii it lets you check your connection out. it even shows a wii icon while you do it)

most of the problems are on the hosts side. i did a whole set of matches yesterday with a negative kill/death ratio. couldn't figure out why, i wasn't playing any worse than usual, but i just couldn't kill anyone. i backed out, found a different host, and immediately got a 4:1 ratio... it was the host's connection that was losing my shots. i just played license to kill and had the same thing happen, i shot a guy with 15 bullets from the terralite right up in his back and he wouldn't die. it was the same for every other player i fought and i had to quit, but if i had found a different host i'm sure it would have worked fine again.

Rorylee wrote:

@Tech-Do you have all of your accolades unlocked? I can't seem to get the... one where you play every mode on every map.

oh god, that one is driving me nuts. i'm sure i've done all the normal modes everywhere so it's got to be one of the unlockables, but i can't think of a single level i haven't done all 3 in. i haven't gotten the reloading one either.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

RoryLee

Do you get exp for unlocking them? For direct grenade impact do you have to throw it at the right time?

Spoony_Tech

Rorylee wrote:

Do you get exp for unlocking them? For direct grenade impact do you have to throw it at the right time?

I haven't checked in a while but I seem to be having the same problem getting those as well. Not sure if you get experience or not for those.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

lifesavedave

TECH what I did to get the reload occulade was go to golden gun match and just fire and reload constantly while having the golden gun. It was annoying but it worked. I was at the dock stage outside where there's that long passage and one entrance. I camped out there and easly picked off people from a distance while just firing and reloading the whole match.

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

RoryLee

Finally got the reload accolade.

Spoony_Tech

lifesavedave wrote:

TECH what I did to get the reload occulade was go to golden gun match and just fire and reload constantly while having the golden gun. It was annoying but it worked. I was at the dock stage outside where there's that long passage and one entrance. I camped out there and easly picked off people from a distance while just firing and reloading the whole match.

That's a very good idea. Well let me know if you need any help getting your wii fixed if the cleaner doesn't work

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RoryLee

No exp unlucking it though. I just shot one bullet then reloaded everytime with the terralite.

romulux

i got pummeled in that goldeneye match. my other team was pretty inept, they just stood around the one console we actually had instead of hacking any other ones, which led to me getting shot a lot while trying to do all the hacking work. i didn't use remote mines party as acourtesy for you guys, but mainly because you were too smart to fall for it. i'm amazed by how many players don't see the mine right there on the console the whole time they're hacking.

Martijzzzz

I'm lvl 22, and i don't really know what classes i should use... Do you know some?
BTW, what controller do you use? I the classic controller pro

I like playing Goldeneye Wii.
My Goldeneye friendcode is : 1607-6174-2150, add me, I add you to when u give me ur code.
I'm lvl 28 and like using weapon above my lvl.
Could I borrow ur Strata/Ivana/Masterton/Other good weapons ?
Are u Dutch ? Please go to w...

lifesavedave

Rorylee wrote:

No exp unlucking it though. I just shot one bullet then reloaded everytime with the terralite.

This is alot easier than what I did for sure!
I'm going to pick up a wii lens cleaner tommorrow, hopefully that does the trick. Thanks for the help everyone.

Marti, one loadout I use on small maps is Stauger, Hi cap, reactive armor, bio booster, and laser. The laser you will get at level 23. Seems to do pretty well for me since I tend to shoot from the hip on small maps. I'm using wiimote and nunchuck.

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

romulux

at 22 there isn't much to work with... push through until you get to 25 so you can get the terralite, then you're set for the game. for now the stauger is the best one you've got, it's the only gun available that won't become obsolete later. if you put a reflex sight on it becomes really easy to get headshots.

i'm using the wii remote, i think tech and rory are too, and RDB uses the pro. i don't know about anyone else...

Gameday

@ALL CC Pro over here. I just wanted to say that if you see me on then mysteriously log off its because the game froze , im just unlucky compared to everyone else it seems. Its gotta be something about the game seriously , i play other games online no problem. 007 is the only game that freezes at random spots. I got my wii in the summer of 08. But since day one when i put in the 007 it froze and i have a very nice speed/internet service strictly for gaming. i should go buy a lens cleaner for the wii also , but like i said it only does it with this game and only when im online not offline never froze. So like i said before im not MIA i just dont have the patients to put up with bs of restarting the wii over and over just to have it freeze again and again , mostly it freezes right after i pick what mode (online) i want to play in. Its funny cause it doesnt really do it when i get an invite hmm... But anyways time to round this up ha. Good games earlier this morning with ALL that were on some really quick matches on Goldeneye mode. One more thing my game wont let me play Heroes Mode Period It freezes everytime single time. I think maybe once ive played but never able to again how lame.

Edited on by Gameday

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
(Youtube) https://goo.gl/RZezjr
Nintendo Switch: 2899-5745-8667
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J
3DS: Gameday
Steam: Gameday_J

3DS Friend Code: 0705-5371-1465 | Nintendo Network ID: Gameday_J | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Yep Wii remote here. Its the only way to go for me. Classic controller is just not responsive enough for me.

@Romulux Yeah I noticed a couple of remote mines on a few. Shot one and was to close and died. So from there on I was checking.

@OBI once again you get the screw and end up on the other team. You did well on that memorial match against me though.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Kelvin

I'm using the Wiimote/Nunchuk combination, and I'm finding it quite easy to use. I seem to get lots of head shots with it, even though my accuracy is about 13%!

Wii Code: 7714 7295 2393 7107
Goldeneye: 1829 8377 3420 - playing as [NL] KelvinG
Mario Kart Wii: 3093 9646 0225
Super Smash Brothers Brawl: 0388 0323 8824

lifesavedave

romulux wrote:

for now the stauger is the best one you've got, it's the only gun available that won't become obsolete later.

romulux: I'm curious about this statment, is the stauger better than strata or vargan. I'm couple hundred xp from the vargan and was hoping it was an upgrade from the stauger.

gameday: I bought my wii in 08 also and have never had it freeze/lock up ever until I started playing online goldeneye. Granted my connection is dsl 3mps so it's not great but it would lock up at least once everytime I play. Lag is hit or miss sometimes it's there and others free and smooth.

goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

Gameday

@lifesavedave yea its strange. i preordered this game maybe the first games released have bugs ha idk but something needs to be done

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J

Spoony_Tech

@Gameday Yeah I thought something was up when we lost connection to you that one match. I don't think the servers were working that well today. I twice tried to do team conflict and it just kept searching forever. Not till the last time did it work and by then I had to quit to get ready for work. My wii freezes from time to time but more like once a month for mme on this game. It did do it a couple of times on modern warfare reflex.

MERG said:

RoryLee

I use the nuchuck w/remote. Bought the game with the gold classic controller but have not used it except for virtual console games. I've got the wii on release day and have not had a problem with it except when I play Bond or go on the virtual console it will usually freeze up. I found this site for anyone who needs a good control scheme.
www.gamespot.com/wii/adventure/goldeneye007/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-57031340&pid=997757
Sorry but I don't know how to send links. I tried this today and really like the way it works.

Gameday

@ Tech & Rorylee it seemed like the people we played earlier didnt know what to do on Goldeneye. I mean damn we took them out like less then 3mins it felt like it at least. But then the last round or two on Black Box before my system froze was a good challenge. I think that was my first time ever having a full time on those modes for Nintendo Life. Glad you guys were up for different modes.

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.