Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 10,277

RoryLee

I couldn't stop laughing when the other team kept trying to kill me and then they were just getting picked off one by one. I stayed on there longer then I should've hoping it would pass, but I was enjoying seeing the other team trying to kill me.

@RDB-That last game we had on Heroes was pretty intense but we pulled through. It was nice to finally play somebody on our skill level.

What is everyone favorite weapon to use? I like using the Terralite and the Stuager w/remote mines.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

RDB

@Jnes, Rory... good games this afternoon. Jnes, that one in the outpost where we were against the four together, it was like our 3rd game against them... I was really po'd when the host quite... we were dominating them that game. They were really terrible for a bunch of low lvl 20's. They would all stand together and snipe making it super easy to sneak up and get four kills. I did it twice in that match and I think you jumped in on it a third time or so. Not sure why we couldn't get a game after that though. I was not liking that last heroes match cause none of our team would spawn the hero... We would have crushed them anyway, I'm pretty sure only you and I were the hero at all.

And Rory, I just couldn't handle that lvl 20 hacker that had unl gren launcher. I don't mind when they have the sweet guns, but the gren launch is so annoying with the screen shake. I think he had unl prox mines also cause I walked into a few in the archives.

Oh, yea... good matches last night also Tech, Rory, Romulux, Komic, I think others too, but can't remember. I don't think we lost at all last night.

What are your thoughts on the drumhead? It seems to be really powerful and the best shotty for long range, but also seems to need to ADS to be accurate. And not sure if it's just me, but the trigger seems to have a really short delay, but it's enough that it doesn't shoot when I use my normal shotty fire, or a single tap with any other gun. Anyone else experience that?

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

Chris720

@RDB I ADS with all shotguns, I find that firing from the hip with those things is plain awful. Compared to MWR where ADSing a shotgun was stupid, but hip firing was pure win.

Also, my favourite gun has to be the Varghen, that thing cuts through the enemy like paper. But the Terralite is much better in many ways, but I'd rather use the Varghen...

I think I only got about 9,000 exp today, compared to the usual 11-12,000, I think it was because of all the host quitters.

Daily Highlight:

I was playing Golden Gun on Station, holding down this one area, in the right corner of the map opposite the train, and every time they were coming up the ramp, over the bridge or up the ledge, I'd ADS and fire their little noggin off, they never killed me and went flawless with 9 kills and 8 Golden Gun eliminations. The host left right after that game.

Its good to be awesome and annoy people sh*tless.

Also, what's everyones favourite map? Mines personally Industrial, its always a rush on GE, and because its fairly large, you never know where the enemy will attack. Archives is a close second, just because in Heroes people camp as Bond in the MI6 spawn, and I hate that. But because its rather small, Team Conflict matches can get your blood pumping, and I usually get over 1,000 exp on that map.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

RoryLee

I thought that was a little weird and really annoying, playing that whole time my screen wouldn't stop shaking because of all the explosions and it wouldn't stop. That G. launcher is really annoying it seems that's the only way they can get a kill. The Drumhead is my favorite shotgun and probably has the best range, and I think it might have a little delay because alot of the times it seems like I'll have a shoot out and miss all of my shots. Another gun I like is the AK-47 on the heroes mode, I might have to put that gun in my load out because I usually do pretty good with it.

RoryLee

Probably be on later tonight, the weather in Fargo is getting really bad. Last night there was a 100 car pile up on the interstate and it took them 8 hours to get everyone out of there.

Ecto-1

z wrote:

Man, I guess it's all the new people who got the game for Christmas, but I'm getting sick of all the terrible teammates. If I'm playing heroes, they'll become hero and go out into the open and die immediately. On Blackbox I was the only one on my team even trying to get/destroy thet box. It's really frustrating to be a one man team. And seriously, going ten minutes and getting zero kills? I could get a couple kills blindfolded just by throwing grenades around.

I know how you feel, man. Nothing is more aggravating than getting 32 kills and 6 deaths in a team conflict match and still lose because the rest of the team performed terribly (no one else got more that 3 eliminations). It was truly a slap in the face hearing M say "That was a bloody awful showing" after that match. But they will improve, they just need practice.

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

romulux

Rorylee wrote:

Another gun I like is the AK-47 on the heroes mode, I might have to put that gun in my load out

heh, don't bother, it's without a doubt the worst gun. the only reason it works in heroes is that the damage and accuracy are boosted. i'm guessing you never used it in your own class before, cause you can't hit anything with it and even when you do it's a really weak shot

i think the terralite is the overall best gun, it's the most accurate automatic, not much recoil, decently strong, fast enough to put a lot of bullets out but not fast enough to burn through the clip. i've moved on to the anova which gets faster kills but it's nowhere near as reliable on large maps. as far as pistols go the hawksman is perfect, i actually like running out of ammo because it gives me a chance to use it.

Z.Bone wrote:

this one guy on our team shot at us every time he saw us. Everytime we saw him we had to put him down.

exactly. that's happened in at least half the team license to kill matches i've done so far. even when there were no saboteurs i still got killed by friendly fire a lot because my teams sucked; one guy ran in front of my gun while i was shooting and then next time he saw me killed me to get even, even though it was entirely his fault. i want to play it more but i think it'd take a team of nintendo lifers who can actually play to make that mode fun.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

komicturtle

Haha, fun games Rory Lee. I feel like I'm getting better and better at the game. Really had fun. Sucks we lost that LAST Heroes match- I swear I thought we were going to win with all the kills we got!

Oh, and that was the first time playing Black Box. I didn't know what to do exactly but within two matches I figured it out. God, I need to try out those others modes- especially Classic Conflict.

Happy New years!!

komicturtle

RoryLee

We would've beat the other team if one of them would've been the hero. The way I play heroes is if the other team won't spawn then I won't spawn. You've improved a lot, we both got kills in the 20's and got a ton of experience.

komicturtle

Rorylee wrote:

We would've beat the other team if one of them would've been the hero. The way I play heroes is if the other team won't spawn then I won't spawn. You've improved a lot, we both got kills in the 20's and got a ton of experience.

Thanks I noticed that too- how the other team barely even spawned as heroes. Neat strategy. I learned that I cannot be a Hero- at all. As soon as I turn into one, I get killed within 10 seconds or less except for the Archives map where I lasted a decent amount of time. But you as a Hero is KILLER! I didn't want to stay around in the same area in the Docks map so I decided to go around and surprise the other team from the back and got a sweet "Last Word" shot on the Hero which they never saw coming because they were too busy trying to get to you. Felt so good haha

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

RoryLee

Before I turn into the hero I'll always make sure that I'm in a good spot. We had some really good competiton tonight, a lot of the guys were ranked in their 30's and you were smoking them left and right. I really like to play Black Box and I like to play heroes to get a ton of experience. Happy New Year!

romulux

it's always funny to me when people turn into the hero as you're shooting them, they're getting blasted in the middle of a fight and they think that's for some reason a good time to do it. i'll usually check the area to make sure it's safe and immediately after reaching down to press 2 some guy pops out and kills me while i'm getting my hand comfortable again. or i'll get to someplace safe as bond and get shot while throwing that first proximity mine... as long as you make the effort not to turn into the hero while you're already getting shot you're still doing better than most of your teammates.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

TheInstantGamer

My FC is 387117269182 and god do I love playing Goldeneye (the mode not the game) I find it hilarious when everyone on your team huddles around you to protect you while you're hacking the console and everyone gets picked off by a sniper XD

I got a sexy deep v-neck and I'm not afraid to use it XD

Kelvin

Hopped on last night, and saw a couple of familiar faces. I started well, with a storming first round of hero mode in which I killed the enemy hero a few times and came top of the table, but then returned to my usual awful standards. Still, it was fun!

Wii Code: 7714 7295 2393 7107
Goldeneye: 1829 8377 3420 - playing as [NL] KelvinG
Mario Kart Wii: 3093 9646 0225
Super Smash Brothers Brawl: 0388 0323 8824

Chris720

I keep missing you guys. Hopefully we can all get into a match together at some point...

And I've decided never to play Team License to Kill again... all your teammates do is shoot you...

YouTube

Z_Bone

I'm just going to randomly comment on older posts:

Regarding my favorite maps, I actually made a list of my favorite maps from favorite to least favorite and even revised it once. My top three favorite maps are no question Nightclub, Industrial, and Outpost, but it's hard to put them in order since they are so good. Then Station and Archives are in the next tier. Then Jungle and Docks. And finally my least favorites Facility, Memorial, and Sewers.

The Terralite is my favorite weapon. Amazing accuracy, good damage, good range, high fire rate. It's the best weapon in my opinion for getting headshots.

By the way, do you guys go for headshots? I used to just aim for the chest and unload, but now I pull up a little bit and get those headshots. It puts em down so much quicker, preventing them from killing you the same time you kill them. Since getting the Terralite and going for headshots, my game has stepped up a lot.

Oh, and the AK-47 is by far the worst weapon. It took me a long time to get the proficiencies for that. Twice actually, since I had to restart my game after getting to level 22...

Do the Mario!

Kelvin

Heh, that's almost the opposite of mine! I'm not fond of Sewer, and I really dislike Nightclub -- although the single-player version is great, and it's a shame the music from that doesn't carry through into the multiplayer game -- but I like Docks and Jungle quite a bit, with Outpost and Archives as my favourites.

As for headshots, I seem to get them quite a bit although it's more by chance than design.

Regarding proficiencies, what are the advantages of getting them? Do they increase your accuracy or damage with a weapon? Do they give you xp bonuses when you achieve them? Or is it just bragging rights? I've got up to IV and V in some of the weapons, but I'm not sure what I'm getting back.

Edited on by Kelvin

Wii Code: 7714 7295 2393 7107
Goldeneye: 1829 8377 3420 - playing as [NL] KelvinG
Mario Kart Wii: 3093 9646 0225
Super Smash Brothers Brawl: 0388 0323 8824

TheInstantGamer

I'm adding the lot of you

Edited on by TheInstantGamer

Chris720

Weapon Profeciences give you XP every time you complete a grade.

Also the AK is absolute crap! I only finished it by being Ouromuv in Heroes... strange thing is, in MWR and other CoD games it is considered the best gun all round... so which game has the AK right?

I'm slowly getting bored of GE now... its all newbs and noobtubers... I want an actual challenge, show me some lvl 30s I can play with rather than all these lvl 1-10s.

Winning is fun, but when you only win because the other team suck (due to lack of good players), you don't get that sense of achievement compared to pwning 4 lvl 25+ guys.

YouTube

TheInstantGamer

If any of you guys get requests from 1NST4NTG4M3R thats also me

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.