Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 10,277

Spoony_Tech

komicturtle92 wrote:

Hey guys, finally got the game:

FC: 0058-5752-8990
Name: Komicturtle

You should have enter our codes in from the list. I was going to see if you were on my friends list yet. Nice job on he few we did against you. Look for grenworthshero sig and you will find the list there.

Nice matches RDB and Rorylee. That one heroes match Was my first loss in a long time

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

romulux

Tech101 wrote:

That one heroes match Was my first loss in a long time

no kidding, 71 is a good win streak! if we all stayed in a party long enough i'm sure we'd easily get streaks even higher.

i think the team you're on can screw you over or help you before the round even starts- heroes and black box are obvious examples but even in basic combat your uniform can work against you badly. RDB and i just had a really hard fought match in industrial on the russian side, then in the next match the same players were complete pushovers all of the sudden. i think it's because the bright white uniforms we were wearing in industrial made us so much easier to see than the dark MI6 player uniforms. being on the russian side almost always sucks in this game...

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Chris720

@romulux Had the same problem on MWR. On Wetwork, the S.A.S. had dark black uniforms compared to the Spetsnaz fairly creamy uniform, which made it hard to spot an S.A.S. soldier against the dark background, but a Spetsnaz stuck out like a sore thumb.

Anyways... I am really enjoying sniping on this game now, for some reason the snipers always land hits without any real significent lag, but use a Shotgun, SMG or AR and you're usually cursed by bad hit detection...

Its a shame though that they didn't make enough maps where you could really maximize the Sniper Rifles potential. But its also a welcome because you don't have to run around finding a new area to get kills... which would then eventually lead you into having to learn to quickscope.

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

RDB

romulux wrote:

i think the team you're on can screw you over or help you before the round even starts- heroes and black box are obvious examples but even in basic combat your uniform can work against you badly. RDB and i just had a really hard fought match in industrial on the russian side, then in the next match the same players were complete pushovers all of the sudden. i think it's because the bright white uniforms we were wearing in industrial made us so much easier to see than the dark MI6 player uniforms. being on the russian side almost always sucks in this game...

Agreed... the sewer was tough also when they had the black uniforms. I think we were blue, but it was still tough. I don't remember it being that tough in previous matches, but I was having a really tough time last night seeing the black in some environments. We still won, but every kill seemed like a challenge.

@Tech. Yea, that heroes loss was bs too. They had 8 or 9 hero kills to our 3 or 4, and we still only lost by a few kills. I really enjoy heroes mode, but it certainly does ruin some of the fun when the enemey doesn't spawn.

komicturtle92 wrote:

Got you added last night and saw you in one of our matches... you almost killed me once

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

komicturtle

Tech101 wrote:

komicturtle92 wrote:

You should have enter our codes in from the list. I was going to see if you were on my friends list yet. Nice job on he few we did against you. Look for grenworthshero sig and you will find the list there.

Nice matches RDB and Rorylee. That one heroes match Was my first loss in a long time

Oh haha, that was you guys? With those [NL] tags? I had suspected it was you guys but I wasn't sure because I didn't see the names. I'll add you all when I get something done.

btw You guys are too good. And the teamwork and coordination was really good as well.

komicturtle

komicturtle

RDB wrote:

romulux wrote:

Agreed... the sewer was tough also when they had the black uniforms. I think we were blue, but it was still tough. I don't remember it being that tough in previous matches, but I was having a really tough time last night seeing the black in some environments. We still won, but every kill seemed like a challenge.

@Tech. Yea, that heroes loss was bs too. They had 8 or 9 hero kills to our 3 or 4, and we still only lost by a few kills. I really enjoy heroes mode, but it certainly does ruin some of the fun when the enemey doesn't spawn.

komicturtle92 wrote:

Got you added last night and saw you in one of our matches... you almost killed me once

Were you in one of those portables/houses? My biggest mistake was going near the stairs as it messed up my aiming because it turns the camera upward (need to get used to that as that never happened in the other FPS games I played on Wii). You were just too good.

Oh, and another question- because you guys were in the same game does that mean you can join friends in 'Ranked' match-ups instantly? That's one thing I really liked in The Conduit.

komicturtle

romulux

komicturtle92 wrote:

My biggest mistake was going near the stairs as it messed up my aiming because it turns the camera upward (need to get used to that as that never happened in the other FPS games I played on Wii.

go into your camera settings and set both the x and y axis to manual control

Kelvin

I've just been on for an hour but I'm really shaky for some reason, so it was a complete disaster, even by my low standards. I think I'll give it a miss for today.

Edited on by Kelvin

Wii Code: 7714 7295 2393 7107
Goldeneye: 1829 8377 3420 - playing as [NL] KelvinG
Mario Kart Wii: 3093 9646 0225
Super Smash Brothers Brawl: 0388 0323 8824

Spoony_Tech

romulux wrote:

komicturtle92 wrote:

My biggest mistake was going near the stairs as it messed up my aiming because it turns the camera upward (need to get used to that as that never happened in the other FPS games I played on Wii.

Is that how you do it. I've been running around this whole time with that stupid up and down hill on. But I use presets. Will it still work if I use those?

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RDB

Tech101 wrote:

romulux wrote:

komicturtle92 wrote:

Is that how you do it. I've been running around this whole time with that stupid up and down hill on. But I use presets. Will it still work if I use those?

huh... I'll have to check this on mine too. I haven't noticed an auto up or down, but I'll still check the settings. I use the classic controller though, that may be a difference. On that note too, I wish I would have learned this game with the wiimote b/c I think I'm limited as to how much "better" I can get with the cc. I think the wiimote is harder to learn and master, but allows more potential to become elite at this game. The cc is easier to use initially but I think it limits how good you can really get b/c of the analog aiming. Not making excuses for my sorry play sometimes , , just my thoughts. I tried switching to the wiimote around lvl 25 and it was a disaster. If I do switch, I'll start with a new user.

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

romulux

tech, when you choose "custom" it'll be pre-loaded with all the values from whatever preset you were just using, so if you go in and only change the camera settings everything else should still be the same.

as far as remote vs. controller goes i don't think there's any contest. whether you're watching a youtube video or just someone playing in the room you can immediately tell which they're using by the way they move and look; dual analog users move in jerky straight lines while remote users have very smooth continuous motions. dual analog requires you to memorize exactly how much pressure it takes to move certain distances, and if you push too much or too little when facing someone and wind up off target you're screwed; you pretty much have to get it right the first time, 'cause if you miss it's back to more jerky straight lines to correct your aim. the sticks may be analog but it feels very digital since you only move in straight steps. i can't stand using them because it feels like trying to aim one of those old-timey cannons with the cranking wheels.

Edited on by romulux

komicturtle

romulux wrote:

komicturtle92 wrote:

Oh, sweet. I didn't go into the Control settings- at least in 'detail' and only changed the horizontal and vertical settings a bit that helped somewhat. Thanks for pointing that out. Really appreciate it (it will save me the trouble from looking around and not 'finding' out that I could change it).

On another note, I added EVERYONE on the list. Didn't think I could do it, to be honest. Is there a limit, or is the limit 'huge'?

komicturtle

Z_Bone

Yeah, you have to get rid of that change in view point when going up or down stairs. It's so terrible. You could be aiming at someone and start walking up or down stairs and it totally throws your aim off. If you couldn't change that I'd probably quit playing this game. lol.

Man, I guess it's all the new people who got the game for Christmas, but I'm getting sick of all the terrible teammates. If I'm playing heroes, they'll become hero and go out into the open and die immediately. On Blackbox I was the only one on my team even trying to get/destroy thet box. It's really frustrating to be a one man team. And seriously, going ten minutes and getting zero kills? I could get a couple kills blindfolded just by throwing grenades around.

Do the Mario!

grenworthshero

z wrote:

Yeah, you have to get rid of that change in view point when going up or down stairs. It's so terrible. You could be aiming at someone and start walking up or down stairs and it totally throws your aim off. If you couldn't change that I'd probably quit playing this game. lol.

Yes, I'd probably have quit playing too. It's especially annoying on Memorial. After I changed the settings, I started to like Memorial a lot. I almost always do really well there, maybe partly because some others don't have the look settings changed, so they're like sitting ducks. @Tech I can't believe you still haven't changed that setting. I guess that's why you're always sniping on Memorial....

It is crazy how good NLers are. I almost feel bad sometimes. We win most of the time even when there are hackers . It's fun to be the best.

I've added all the new users' codes to the list below. I'll add you guys to my friends list next time I'm on. I just bought a new PS3, so I haven't even been on the Wii lately, but I'll be back. The Wii is still the best.

Edited on by grenworthshero

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

romulux

people were terrible today... hosts quits so much the only way to finish a match was to play an objective mode since they're shorter, but nobody participated in the objectives... just sniped from a perch while i tried hacking/golden gunning/whatever on my own. i got my second team license to kill match in and another idiot shot our entire team in the back immediately when we spawned. what the hell? the wii finally gets a good shooter and the player community seems to be deliberately ruining it.

nice match(es?) with RDB, rory, z bone, and komicturtle, but that match in archives went to hell. i don't know if anyone else had it but i'd be running down the hall and suddenly be two rooms back walking into the corner... i'll try getting on again in a minute.

Z_Bone

Romulux, I know. People online are stupid. I was playing a team license to kill match with Rory, he was on the other team, and this one guy on our team shot at us every time he saw us. Everytime we saw him we had to put him down. It's no wonder we lost we had such internal conflict.

I did something so cool when we were playing on Archives. I threw a timed mine and it got stuck on my teammate (by accident). Then he ran out and got into a fight with the enemy. It blew up and killed the enemy, giving me the kill and didn't hurt my teammate. That was awesome.

Do the Mario!

Spoony_Tech

Well roeylee it was funny that one match you disconnected. You were standing in the door way like a decoy statue. The enemy was trying to melee you and shoot you. and nothing. Mean while we were killing the hero as they were focused only on you. Must have got 3 to 4 hero kills before you disconnected. LOL. Thank God You weren't the host for that.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Z_Bone

I haven't even finished the single player since I've been playing the multiplayer so much (and I had to restart, but whatever), but I just played the Jungle level and it is by far the best level so far. The visuals, design, and ending to that level were all awesome. It was also cool going to the part of the level that is very similar to the Jungle map in multiplayer. I wish the multiplayer map looked as good as it did in the single player, but I can understand why it doesn't.

Do the Mario!

komicturtle

Hey guys, great games last night. My game froze in that second game with MILEY CYRUS. It was the 2nd time the game did that to me (1st time online though). Weird, since none of my other games besides this one, SSX Blur and Blast Works freeze. Should I contact Activision about it? Since it gets really upsetting when I'm in the middle of a game or even within the campaign mode and it just freezes.

And I'm assuming I was the host in that game so everyone got booted out.

komicturtle

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.