Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 101 to 120 of 10,277

irken004

Splat wrote:

So how is the online play?

1-10 rating.

I'd give it an 8. It's well done and heavily based on the Call of Duty online system, but there's no way to invite more friends to play when you're in the middle of a match. It's still fun though, regardless.

Spoony_Tech

Splat wrote:

1-10 rating.

Hey hunting buddy! Thinking of joining in on the frag fest. I would give it a 7.5! I like it but am still trying to get the control to feel right. If I can find just the right setting I would give it an 8. I still like modern warfare reflex a little bit better!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SilverBaretta

Added ThomasBW84, 2D, Wesus, and TheLastBaron. That should be everyone up to this point.

@Splat: I would give it an 8.5 myself. It's not only an extremely solid experience, but it has a great leveling system, quick matchups, and virtually no lag unless someone with a really terrible connection comes on, and it's just so fun to play. I would definitely have liked private matches and modifiers for said private matches like in the local multiplayer, though.

Edited on by SilverBaretta

I'm pretty sure I think I'm funnier than I really am.
10 Years of Kingdom Hearts
3DS Friend Code: 0301-9785-9580
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStormGaming]Watch me and my friends play games! Now with better visual qualit...

2-D

Cheers, SilverBlacktail!

I know what you mean about the private matches, it would have been cool to use modifiers and still get the full picture. Shame there was no voice chat too, especially as Black Ops is getting it.

Misfortune subdues small minds.

GoldenEye 007 FC : 3933-1198-0911
2D on deviantart

Spoony_Tech

OK so i added everyone up to this point again and put my code in my sig so its easier to find now! Going on now if anyone wants to join.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

romulux

Splat wrote:

i think it's great but with mild annoyances. having the host leave the match with only two minutes left on the clock is irritatingly common, and you will lose hard earned XP as a result. i'm assuming you're the host if you're the first one in the lobby waiting for others to connect, so everyone in that position should make a pact not to leave until the match is over. (not going to happen, but a nice thought)

lag is a problem here and there too, sometimes taking it down to 5 frames a second. in the worst match i played i'd throw a grenade and by the next frame find myself dead by it, or try to turn down a hallway and suddenly find myself facing back down the hall i just came from. it didn't start happening until recently, so i'm guessing all the new players are putting a load on it.

it's pretty great otherwise. the weapons aren't entirely balanced, so snipers and shotgun users can get easy 1 hit kills without having to apply much skill, but it's not an unwelcome challenge to hunt them down and take them out. meanwhile pistols are disappointingly weak, especially the p99, which is lame if you're used to the conduit's wicked USP. almost all of the machine guns are fairly balanced and most people stick with those, so it's not much of a problem overall.

the game modes are all pretty fun and every level is good, it's far more consistent than the original in that regard. my biggest problem is that you start and then ten seconds later you're dead; i guess if you're used to modern shooters you can handle the speed of the kills, but i find myself wishing you had enough health to at least respond to getting shot in the back.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

grenworthshero

@Romulux
That's as good an assessment as any. I've never had problems with lag, but maybe I've just been lucky, plus, my internet connection stays pretty steady.
I wrote a response about my thoughts on multiplayer, but I moved it here:
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/goldeneye_007_wii_conf...
since that's where discussions should take place

Edited on by grenworthshero

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Splat

Tech101 wrote:

Splat wrote:

1-10 rating.

Hey hunting buddy! Thinking of joining in on the frag fest. I would give it a 7.5! I like it but am still trying to get the control to feel right. If I can find just the right setting I would give it an 8. I still like modern warfare reflex a little bit better!

I still need to get COD Reflex I'm hoping the price will drop with the new one coming out.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

TheLastBaron

Tech101 wrote:

OK so i added everyone up to this point again and put my code in my sig so its easier to find now! Going on now if anyone wants to join.

Glad I got to play a little last night. I had to quit early so I could get in an episode on the Walking Dead before Conan started. It was a full evening of sitting on my ass in front of the TV!

Friend Codes
GoldenEye: 0091 0717 1871

Spoony_Tech

TheLastBaron wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

Glad I got to play a little last night. I had to quit early so I could get in an episode on the Walking Dead before Conan started. It was a full evening of sitting on my ass in front of the TV!

Nice hunts. We made a good team.

@Splat I would give this game a 8.5 now that its easier to control. I had a blast last night and did so much better!

MERG said:

Chris720

Well, looks like I'll be trying to find a copy of this at some point. I've had enough of all the crap in the CoD series, the hackers, glitchers and other annoying little pests that ruin the experience.

And I heard GoldenEye doesn't have noobtubes either, thank God, a FPS game where noobtubes are banned!!

Questions:

Also, can you make your own custom controls? Or are they all done out for you?

Is there a lot of lag at all? Because that really does ruin it for me.

Is there any sort of "prestige" level, like CoD?

And how many guns are in the roster?

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

xDemon720x wrote:

Well, looks like I'll be trying to find a copy of this at some point. I've had enough of all the crap in the CoD series, the hackers, glitchers and other annoying little pests that ruin the experience.

And I heard GoldenEye doesn't have noobtubes either, thank God, a FPS game where noobtubes are banned!!

Questions:

Also, can you make your own custom controls? Or are they all done out for you?

Is there a lot of lag at all? Because that really does ruin it for me.

Is there any sort of "prestige" level, like CoD?

And how many guns are in the roster?

The control set up is very similar to reflex. I just used one of five preset control set ups because I could not get the adjustment just right. The control is fine for me now.

At least five chooses for each type of weapon.

I have not experienced much lag at all but I here some have.

Not sure if there is a prestige level or not but just like reflex you unlock upgrades as you go along.

MERG said:

romulux

xDemon720x wrote:

i hate to break it to you, but they're in. you thankfully have to level up nearly completely to add them in your loadout, so we're safe for just a little while longer.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Chris720

romulux wrote:

xDemon720x wrote:

i hate to break it to you, but they're in. you thankfully have to level up nearly completely to add them in your loadout, so we're safe for just a little while longer.

That's not too bad then... at least people won't be grenade launcher whoring at level 1. But I find that in CoD, even high leveled guys use them, just why? D:

Anyways, thanks for that info.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Tasuki

Ok finally got around to listing my friend code I will add everyone thus far when I get the chance.

Friend Code: 457849124599

Time Zone: PST (California)

Name: Tasuki

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Xkhaoz

Getting this on Thursday since I just got paid. Yayz

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

RantingThespian

I've added everyone on here. I just played with Wesus for a bit, but I still am not that good with Online Multiplayer. I love the game, but it's taking me quite a while to get the hang of Multiplayer. Been too many years since I really played a FPS.

RantingThespian

Spoony_Tech

Adding Tasuki and going on in a few mins!

MERG said:

Wesus

tech and thespian 007, it was fun playing with u, i think it would be more fun if we all used ventrilo and did team conflict... lemme know what you think -wesus

Goldeneye - 3659 1451 2434
Skype - Wesus69

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.