Forums

Topic: (EU)Monster Hunter Tri

Posts 561 to 580 of 1,481

RetroRich

Hey guys, I have enjoyed playing with you online so far. Lets keep it going.
Edhe, you might have tried already, but you could try altering the settings on your modem/router. I couldn't get online with MHTri at all until I fiddled with my router settings. You can open up the netowrk window on your pc, right click on the modem/router icon and then view the webpage with the settings on. I seem to recall something about port forwarding and firewalls, but I cant find the instructions I used. I am sure someone on here knows what I am talking about and can offer some better advice.
P.S. I liked your post about footy games on the VC games you would like to see thread.

RetroRich

Aviator

I'm hoppin on in about half an hour.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

HolyMackerel

If you're having trouble connecting, give your Wii a static reserved IP address on your router. Then set that IP address to DMZ (de-militarized zone) in your router settings. That should clear up most connection problems.

HolyMackerel

Aviator

Anyone wanna help me with what this is meant to mean.
Untitled

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

edhe

Aviator wrote:

Anyone wanna help me with what this is meant to mean.
Untitled

Your furniture is ready. You spoke to a cat near the entrance and got him to research for furniture, and the item is ready.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Aviator

Thank you kind sir.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Aviator

Yo, if anybody is on, I'm hopping on in 10-15 minutes. I'm in a very good mood, so I'm all up for hunting.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

edhe

I was hoping to get online on Sunday, but my sister was ill and at home using the Internet, so I couldn't get any time sadly. But I haven't given up on it - I'll try to get online during the week (from 19:00) and I'll be online some time during the weekend.

RetroRich wrote:

P.S. I liked your post about footy games on the VC games you would like to see thread.

Thanks!

RetroRich wrote:

Edhe, you might have tried already, but you could try altering the settings on your modem/router. I couldn't get online with MHTri at all until I fiddled with my router settings. You can open up the netowrk window on your pc, right click on the modem/router icon and then view the webpage with the settings on. I seem to recall something about port forwarding and firewalls, but I cant find the instructions I used. I am sure someone on here knows what I am talking about and can offer some better advice.

HolyMackerel wrote:

If you're having trouble connecting, give your Wii a static reserved IP address on your router. Then set that IP address to DMZ (de-militarized zone) in your router settings. That should clear up most connection problems.

HolyMackerel has given me this advice before, but I didn't really know what to do with it until now. Unfortunately, BT (Internet provider) isn't accepting the Admin password I need to configure my Internet settings and so I'm unable to do anything about it.

But don't underestimate how bad my Internet connection is! It hovers around 40kb/s at best.

Thanks for the advice though.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

HolyMackerel

Yeah I thought I'd posted that advice here before. Did you ever change your router's password? The default login is usually admin/admin or admin/<blank>. It may be possible to reset your router and reset the password along with it.

40kb/s is abysmal btw! You must live in the boonies to get speeds like that. Even my connection here is better than that (sometimes)!

HolyMackerel

Chris720

Isn't the Admin password usually on the back of the BT HomeHub? Or bundled in the box on a card or something?

You can always get a new BT HomeHub, since I got my new one (BT HomeHub 2.0), my internet connection is on a steady 5 throughout the house, and the speed is nice and quick too.

Ah well, there isn't much you can do without contacting your internet provider. But I hate it when they're a "British company" and they use Indians for the help service. >.>

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

HolyMackerel

@Demon I always found those Indian guys amusing. Kinda blows that they can't actually help much at all since they're just reading responses on a screen, and then have to contact their manager etc. At least the call is free... IIRC.

Tech support is exactly why I never used the hardware they gave me lol.

BT wrote:

At BT our focus is on excellent customer service. We always aim to be within easy reach and we want to make sure you get the answers you want quickly and easily.

lol.

HolyMackerel

edhe

xDemon720x wrote:

Isn't the Admin password usually on the back of the BT HomeHub? Or bundled in the box on a card or something?

You can always get a new BT HomeHub, since I got my new one (BT HomeHub 2.0), my internet connection is on a steady 5 throughout the house, and the speed is nice and quick too.

Ah well, there isn't much you can do without contacting your internet provider. But I hate it when they're a "British company" and they use Indians for the help service. >.>

The password is on the back of the hub, but squint as I might, it doesn't seem to work. I replace I with 1, 0 with O, but it just wont work.

And yes, HolyMackerel - it is a poor service, yet I have to endure endless BT adverts (on TV) boasting they're "rolling out fibre optic/super fast broadband speeds across the country"...My arse!

(If you are familiar with the English counties, they're indeed rolling out broadband speed Internet in my area - just so long as it's Essex, Hertfordshire, Bedford, Cambridgeshire or Northamptonshire. Unfortunately (In more ways than one), I live in Norfolk.)

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Aviator

HolyMackerel wrote:

40kb/s is abysmal btw! You must live in the boonies to get speeds like that. Even my connection here is better than that (sometimes)!

It's not abysmal until you get faster internet, then you have no idea how you lived with it. I've moved from 25kb/s early this year to 1.2mb/s. ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!

Also, Ill be on again for a 3 hour sesh in an hour. I need to do the Alluring Dress quest once or twice more to get 2 tickets, and I also need to capture Machu's wifey. Other than that, I don't care what we do, BUT NO MORE JHEN!

MOST
EPIC
HUNT
EVA
even if we failed

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Bankai

I need help.

I've been playing this game in little bits at a time online for a while, and I'm just starting to enjoy myself. However, I've completed all the 1-star missions, but the 2-star missions haven't opened up for me?

I have a HR 7... what do I need to do to get access to the more interesting stuff?

Aviator

You need to get to HR9. Ill come on and help you in a few minutes if you want. When you get to HR 8 you'll get an urgent quest for Barroth. And once you get your HR up to 9, you'll start on 2* quests, with Rathian and Gobul and other stuff. Fun.

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Aviator

Chris, ill try to get on after Glee.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Aviator

Been delayed for an hour a max.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Aviator

You online now? If so you can join me and Chris.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.