Forums

Topic: (EU)Monster Hunter Tri

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,481

Aviator

I am taking a long break from this game, I needed it. Will come back soon, so don't worry.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

BeeZeroOne1

Yeah, you can put me on the pile of "people taking a long break from MHT". Things were starting to annoy me (the grind, arrogant random players who think they're automatically better than you because they have a higher HR, people flaming each other for no reason etc) and I don't like being annoyed at games I enjoy. I'm just playing some Pokemon Heartgold and Dragon Quest IX at the moment, I'll probably get back to MHT after I get back from my holiday in a few weeks.

MHTri (EU) Name: Ben ID: KMYKKW
NNID: BeeZeroOne

Chris720

BeeZeroOne1 wrote:

Yeah, you can put me on the pile of "people taking a long break from MHT". Things were starting to annoy me (the grind, arrogant random players who think they're automatically better than you because they have a higher HR, people flaming each other for no reason etc) and I don't like being annoyed at games I enjoy. I'm just playing some Pokemon Heartgold and Dragon Quest IX at the moment, I'll probably get back to MHT after I get back from my holiday in a few weeks.

Really? I don't get any problems, no one flames me, I'm not sure if that's because of how high my HR is or not... but flaming on a game at someone who's got a lower HR than you is pathetic... really, really pathetic...

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

NeoRausch

i just stay out of MH because of my job promotion. time shrinked hard. but oh the money! and i got zelda spirit tracks.
but i will be on in the future again too. dont get nervous younglings

3DS FC: 4639-8940-9147

edhe

Online has been a bit barren lately, but I had another try online tonight, and joined up with xDemon720x.

I finally got my baltzenger (hooray!), although CHRIS has now made me aware I need yet more tickets for the upgrade, and even when upgraded, it won't be much better than my agnaktor firelance anyway...

Then we had a quick G Jaggi quest (I gave my epitaph blade another go), and we then proceded to be flung across the map by a clumsy colleague.

Finally, we tried Deviljho and af ter a good start (and an unfortunate drop out by CHRIS - I hope it wasn't because of that thomas who kept hitting you), things looked good until Agnaktor joined the fray and then proceeded to ruin our s### with a laser (I survived the blast because it breezed past me and KOed my two colleagues), which was when I decided to abandon the quest.

I can't promise I'll be on regularly though, (I've got other commitments, plus WarioWare D.I.Y and Dragon Quest IX to occupy me as well) so I'll see you all when I see you. It's just a bit harder to go online when I don't have much (like 100 agnaktors to beat for a single bloody claw+) to aim for at the end game...

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Chris720

edhe wrote:

Online has been a bit barren lately, but I had another try online tonight, and joined up with xDemon720x.

I finally got my baltzenger (hooray!), although CHRIS has now made me aware I need yet more tickets for the upgrade, and even when upgraded, it won't be much better than my agnaktor firelance anyway...

Then we had a quick G Jaggi quest (I gave my epitaph blade another go), and we then proceded to be flung across the map by a clumsy colleague.

Finally, we tried Deviljho and af ter a good start (and an unfortunate drop out by CHRIS - I hope it wasn't because of that thomas who kept hitting you), things looked good until Agnaktor joined the fray and then proceeded to ruin our s### with a laser (I survived the blast because it breezed past me and KOed my two colleagues), which was when I decided to abandon the quest.

I can't promise I'll be on regularly though, (I've got other commitments, plus WarioWare D.I.Y and Dragon Quest IX to occupy me as well) so I'll see you all when I see you. It's just a bit harder to go online when I don't have much (like 100 agnaktors to beat for a single bloody claw+) to aim for at the end game...

I dropped out because my mum wanted me off... Dam women! I may not be on tonight, but I don't know. I'm working towards... well nothing really... I may start doin Rathalos again to get Rathalos+ Armor... but I think that's it really.

Also, did you notice you put a space in after? MH3 Online chat rules are gettin' to ya.

Edited on by Chris720

YouTube

Amorous_Badger

I've taken some time out from MH as I've been super busy and DQIX has been EATING my time.

That and the idiots offering no advice other than 'wtf you doin n00b' when attempting Jhen rather irritated me.
Couter productive too, I deliberately fired off the dragonator early.

THAT'LL SHOW EM.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

Chris720

I've just bought a keyboard (yay for me!) which I'll be able to use for MH3. No more slow typing using the controller to send messages!

And I have to say, this keyboard is AWESOME! >:]

YouTube

edhe

xDemon720x wrote:

Also, did you notice you put a space in after? MH3 Online chat rules are gettin' to ya.

I was, in fact.

It was a cunning satire on the chat filter.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

BeeZeroOne1

It's not people flaming because others have lower HRs, just people flaming in general that bothers me. I have been on a couple of times recently, and I thought I had Alatreon too until one guy on the team died 3 times in 10 minutes after 35 minutes of us doing just fine and nailing it with tons of bombs, before leaving the room instantly without apologising X_X

I'm pretty confident with Lance now though, after many Alatreon attempts and a bunch of arena quests with a friend. So when I get back to playing regularly, as long as some other NLers are online, his days should be numbered.

In other alatreon related news, I managed to carve an Azure Dragongem off his tail I bet I wouldn't have been able to get one if I was going for it though. That's the desire sensor for you XD

MHTri (EU) Name: Ben ID: KMYKKW
NNID: BeeZeroOne

Chris720

Well, I've finally upgraded some of my weapons, at last! Took me a while but I've done it! And I've also got my Chakra set too, and it is lookin' awesome, even though you do kinda look naked... but I've given it Sharpness +1 and Speed Sharpening, so now it is epic!

@Ben You get Azure Dragongem anyways... but its usually your first carve after you've killed it... and its really rare to get it from a tail though. o_O

@Edward I've added your Wii FC by the way.

Happuy hunting guys!

YouTube

HolyMackerel

How's the EU server holding up? The NA server is really vibrant. Upwards of 4000 players at peak times, and we have so many NL players on that we can't all fit in to one room! We don't know what to do about it and loiter around sending messages left right and centre until we come to a decision.

JayArr and I are well past HR 100 now and still loving the game. If you're getting a little tired of the game, a break does wonders. We took about 3-4 weeks off and now we're back playing with renewed interest, finding even more stuff to do than we realised the game had.

HolyMackerel

Chris720

HolyMackerel wrote:

How's the EU server holding up? The NA server is really vibrant. Upwards of 4000 players at peak times, and we have so many NL players on that we can't all fit in to one room! We don't know what to do about it and loiter around sending messages left right and centre until we come to a decision.

JayArr and I are well past HR 100 now and still loving the game. If you're getting a little tired of the game, a break does wonders. We took about 3-4 weeks off and now we're back playing with renewed interest, finding even more stuff to do than we realised the game had.

HR 100? Did you get the game before us or something? o.0
Probably me because I can't ever find "good" players to hunt with and they either die or keep sending messages when they don't have a keyboard which means they stand there and do nothing or die... which means I have to carry the team more-or-less... :/

Other than that, MH3 is getting boring (until just now) and I've never seen a full server, a full city, yes, but never a full server... not many EU hunters I suppose, and I don't see many NLife guys on either... so, yeah... its looking dark and dreary (like our weather) over here...

YouTube

HolyMackerel

@xDemon732x Somehow I was worried that would happen on the EU servers. :/ They never should have separated the players, because there was never going to be that many players in the EU. The NA server is still packed and about 95% of the time I have a good team. Most people either have keyboards or know how to use the in-game keyboard (- and then - again on the menu).

And it's annoying trying to join cities at peak periods because everyone joins gates 1-20 so they're 100/100 and you can't get in at all. Often we go to empty gates just so we can play with each other.

I still think that they should merge the servers if possible. :/ There was never any sense in dividing their player base like that.

And yeah, I'm about HR 120 now. It was released at the same time too. I've seen some HR 400+ guys around as well. @_@

HolyMackerel

edhe

If I get booted from online one more time I swear I'm going to smash my game disc into tiny pieces and throw it in the bin.

It's bad enough it taking a roughly five minutes to reconnect again and it's bad enough that I may have trouble re-entering a gate or even city on reconnection, but to lose all earned items (if booted on returning from a quest - great fun) - Rubies and gems and all is extremely annoying. Or maybe i take 10 minutes to reconfigure an armour with gems for it to disconnect a minute later and lose all progress. Or spend a few minutes making sure I have the right inventory to take on Alatreon just to disconnect shortly afterwards.

I kid, but it's really cheesing me off.

Damn You British Telecom! Pull your finger out and give the rest of the country a reasonable Internet connection to justify being charged £30 a month!!

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

HolyMackerel

@edhe Have you set your Wii to DMZ on your router? Give it a reserved (static) IP address and set that IP address to DMZ. I used to get disconnected all the time but that solved my problems.

If you don't know how, there are guides for different routers on this website: http://portforward.com/

P.S. My time with BT was far better than the service I'm using now, so appreciate it!

P.P.S. Their customer service sucks though.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

edhe

HolyMackerel wrote:

@edhe Have you set your Wii to DMZ on your router? Give it a reserved (static) IP address and set that IP address to DMZ. I used to get disconnected all the time but that solved my problems.

Router? Mine connects wirelessly to a Hub. Would getting a router make it slightly more reliable then?

If it works on my set up, I'll try it.

Thanks.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Chris720

HolyMackerel wrote:

@xDemon732x Somehow I was worried that would happen on the EU servers. :/ They never should have separated the players, because there was never going to be that many players in the EU. The NA server is still packed and about 95% of the time I have a good team. Most people either have keyboards or know how to use the in-game keyboard (- and then - again on the menu).

And it's annoying trying to join cities at peak periods because everyone joins gates 1-20 so they're 100/100 and you can't get in at all. Often we go to empty gates just so we can play with each other.

I still think that they should merge the servers if possible. :/ There was never any sense in dividing their player base like that.

And yeah, I'm about HR 120 now. It was released at the same time too. I've seen some HR 400+ guys around as well. @_@

There's still a great number of players on MH3, but they are all either German, French, Italian or some other foreigner, which makes it absolute pants to communicate! And the only English players I know are the ones from here. :/

I've seen some 500+ guys over here, how the hell do they get so high? Do they lock themselves in their room and play 24/7 peeing in a cup with their eyes sore red looking at a TV all day without any sleep?!

And its not all that easy to get up to a high HR, because most of the time my team dies, they fail to use any kind of "plan" and they think only of themselves and obviously think "I can solo Alatreon, stand back girlies" and gets his butt roasted because of it.

And the amount of noobs too... I mean really? Even one thought I was from America... facedesk

Also, nice fail on my name.

Edited on by Chris720

YouTube

HolyMackerel

@xDemon720x LOL How did I type the numbers wrong? I had them in my brain, but there was a communication error along the way. (Sounds like the MH3 server to me lol...) Anyway, those people do probably play almost 24/7. >> Also there's a lot of planning that goes on in the NA servers, thankfully. Almost _too much - most of the Alatreon rooms are sleep bomb rooms. It's aggravating.

@edhe You may be able to do the same with a hub, but I don't know how you'd do it. If you can login as admin and browse the settings you may be able to find the IP and DMZ settings somewhere.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Aviator

I really need to get back to playing this.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.