Online Gaming Forum

Topic: (EU)Monster Hunter Tri

Showing 461 to 480 of 1,481

AuthorMessage

NeoRausch

461. Posted:

@aviatior: i'll try to add you next time i'm on. need more people!! :)

3DS FC: 4639-8940-9147

AuthorMessage

RetroRich

462. Posted:

Hi guys
I would like to join a group of players to regularly hunt together on this epic game. I have mainly quested with random people, but I would really like to join a group who can earn HR points and rank up/improve together over a long period of time.
I am on most nights betwwen 8 and midnight(ish). I dont have Wii Speak but do have a keyboard. I am HR41 (trying for a rathian ruby) at the moment and mainly use the SnS as I suck with all of the other weapons, and don't really have time to learn how to use them effectivly (stick with what you know I say).
I cannot play MH3 and use my PC at the same time to check the forum to see when people are going online as I only have 1 keyboard.
Anyone out there interested in regularly questing with me? How would I go about joing your group?
Thanks

RetroRich

AuthorMessage

Aviator

463. Posted:

@Retro Once I get my internet fixed up, ill join ya.

When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Fuzzy

464. Posted:

yeah. same have just got my new internet working. now i just need to hook up the wii.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

AuthorMessage

Amorous_Badger

465. Posted:

I will be online again after this weekend.

I've spent the week offline and am getting dangerously obsessive about farming and harvesting rather than actualy doing anything to move the story forward.

I spent an hour cataloguing and streamlining my top bowgun parts combinations last night for f**k's sake.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

AuthorMessage

NeoRausch

466. Posted:

sorry 'bout my fast log off earlier today. had to pick up my girlfriend a hour earlier than expected. :P
but at least i fonnal had a chance to add two more NL-Member (Demon and Dan (?)).
I'm maybe on later tonight. After ze german game. see ya! hopefully to slash some deviljho's. can't wait to get my hands on that "Devil's Advocate"-Hammer!!

PS: gonna be much online on monday! free day from work :P

EDIT: just had a cool rathalos+ hunt session with ben. i was in plate heaven! thanks for all the fun!

...fat dino blockin the road....HURR! :D :D

Edited on by NeoRausch

AuthorMessage

NeoRausch

467. Posted:

aw man!! just beaten alatreon twice! he's hard!!...but managable! :)

now i'm ready for everything! (monster hunter related! :P)

AuthorMessage

BeeZeroOne1

468. Posted:

@Neo: The "fat dino blocking the road" quote was hilarious :D

I'll be on later to clear up a bunch of my 5* quests now I've finally finished my Rathalos+ armour. I think I'll wait a while before I start working on Lagi+ since it needs 2 lagia sapphires...

MHTri (EU) Name: Ben ID: KMYKKW
NNID: BeeZeroOne

AuthorMessage

Amorous_Badger

469. Posted:

After a long stint offline, I've started HR grinding again.
Found a good bunch of lads friday night and we managed nearly 10 levels advancement between us.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

AuthorMessage

edhe

470. Posted:

CHRIS.

Sorry me and Ben were unable to make it back in time - we were in an epic fight against Rathalos (who didn't seem to want to die) and were otherwise busy.

But when I get back on tomorrow night (hopefully) my agenda will be finishing those last quests that will allow me to fight alatreon - and advance to the final set of quests.

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

Amorous_Badger

471. Posted:

I'm still basking in smugness after my hunting on friday.

I showed a group of sceptical blademasters the value of a competent gunner.

I recov'd all of them at least once, didn't get killed(very important this - there's plenty of big stick wavers who dislike carrying along lightly armoured shootists) and then for a finisher brought down the Gigginox we were hunting off the ceiling(finishing him off in the process I might add) with some well placed crag lvl 2's.

Edited on by Amorous_Badger

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

AuthorMessage

BeeZeroOne1

472. Posted:

@Badger: You sure showed them :D Gunners are a valuable class. I don't have the patience to get into gunning, but a gunner helps to balance any party nicely due to the sheer variety of roles they can perform.

I seem to have got back into grinding pretty quickly thanks to my brief burst of luck in terms of Lagi parts, and I even managed to score another plate in an offline hunt while refilling on honey. I still need another 5 plates for Heaven's Thunder though, so I might be looking to do a few more runs of Sea Power before it finishes running.

MHTri (EU) Name: Ben ID: KMYKKW
NNID: BeeZeroOne

AuthorMessage

Amorous_Badger

473. Posted:

BeeZeroOne1 wrote:

@Badger: You sure showed them :D Gunners are a valuable class. I don't have the patience to get into gunning, but a gunner helps to balance any party nicely due to the sheer variety of roles they can perform.

I think it helps to be of a certain mentality to spend hours on end grinding materials to make bullets, working out best combinations of parts, getting to grips with the scope, adapting to deviation(not that I have to, with all my armour gemmed to max out weapon stability), getting REALLY adept at the dodgeroll, learning to come out of scope mode before doing a dodgeroll...

Conversely, I keep thinking 'I really should learn a melee weapon as secondary' and then thinking 'I don't like the prospect of getting that close to chompy jaws/flailing claws/swishing tails, etc'.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

AuthorMessage

Aviator

474. Posted:

How quickly does it take to down a monster with a Bowgun?

When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Amorous_Badger

475. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

How quickly does it take to down a monster with a Bowgun?

Depends on the monster, the gun and the ammo you're using.

Personally I can take down as Great Jaggi in less than 20 shots(under 5 minutes)using Flame bullets and my trusted tropeco stock/tropeco frame/barruzooka barrel combo, Great Baggi in 30-40 using the same combo, and that's WITH picking my spots for breaking frills, etc.
Barroth in about 20 minutes with the right set-up and elemental ammo, for example. Larger monsters obviously take longer but it's all about your setup kids. That's why I'm always the last one to declare 'ready' when online :)

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

AuthorMessage

NeoRausch

476. Posted:

my timed record for Great jaggi with the Devil's Advocate Hammer is 8 seconds. Great Jaggi is such a noob :P really he's just a pumped up version of a minion.

i'm still workin' on my Vangis+ Armor-Set. Deviljho is such fun to kill :D

AuthorMessage

Amorous_Badger

477. Posted:

NeoRausch wrote:

my timed record for Great jaggi with the Devil's Advocate Hammer is 8 seconds.

Ooof!

You're a machine dude!

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

AuthorMessage

NeoRausch

478. Posted:

Amorous+Badger wrote:

NeoRausch wrote:

my timed record for Great jaggi with the Devil's Advocate Hammer is 8 seconds.

Ooof!

You're a machine dude!

nah...hammers are just embarrising strong. im at 983 raw attack right now (+100 dragon) but they lack ANY defense. makes some later fights quite hard.

.....well...i'm a machine! head crushing machine!! :P

AuthorMessage

Chris720

479. Posted:

I'm gonna be doing Ceadus for a while. I really want the Helios set! :|

Then I'm gonna see if I can get the Vangis set too, I don't need much now... Dragonbone Relic's, a few more Jho parts and Conquerors seals...

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

Amorous_Badger

480. Posted:

NeoRausch wrote:

nah...hammers are just embarrising strong. im at 983 raw attack right now (+100 dragon) but they lack ANY defense. makes some later fights quite hard.

.....well...i'm a machine! head crushing machine!! :P

You're clearly a handy fella with a hammer Neo, how tough did you find it to get to grips with?

I figure I need some kind of secondary melee weapon and as you can't block with a bowgun anyway I reckon hammers might be the way to go.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7