Forums

Topic: (EU)Monster Hunter Tri

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,481

zane

I'm on!

Old Nintendofan from up north...

NeoRausch

i'm on now. so if anybody wanna join or add.... do so!

3DS FC: 4639-8940-9147

Machu

I hate to say it, but I'm really tired of grinding and farming, it completely kills the fun for me. Also, I wish I hadn't spent so much time and resources collecting armour sets, because now they are completely useless. I upgraded my Rathian armour, but forging a brand new + suit is way better due to the amount of deco slots upon them. So, I have about 10 suites of armour that are good for nothing except for the cash I'll get for selling them, which is nothing compared to the silly amount of Adv. Spheres I slapped on 'em.

Still love the game, there's nothing quite like being on a hunt with a decent group of people. I guess I should just take a break, but then I'll fall even further behind HR wise. :/

Rawr!

Aviator

Machu, two words. Galaxy 2.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Machu

Yes, I do believe it's time.

Rawr!

JayArr

One day you just wake up and realize you have killed enough monsters. I recommend you take a break too. Those monsters aren't going anywhere.

I hope it makes you feel better, you didn't waste your time forging those low rank sets. Once you get some high rank materials you can evolve them into high rank defence. The only difference is the skill sets and some of the low have better skills than there high counter parts.

Also, don't worry about falling behind in HR. After HR 51 it's all comsmetic. It's just a meaningless number that doesn't prove anything.

I gave up the game a few days ago and feels really good to enjoy life and other games again. I like to visit these topics though it's checking in on ex-girlfriend you had a lot of great times with but was just no longer good for you.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

Amorous_Badger

Aviator wrote:

Machu, two words. Galaxy 2.

Or, if you have the inclination for this sort of thing, and are looking for something similarly life-destroying - Rune Factory Frontier.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

Machu

@JayArr: Nice analogy.

About the armour... I could have and should have read up a bit more before maxing out normal armours. I don't like to spoil myself too much, but shot myself in the foot by not being aware of what happened at HR31. I've had a real close look at the armour differences now, and whilst the skill sets don't really bother me too much, the extra deco slots do. D: Oh well, like you say, a few days off will do me good. I just hate falling behind the awesome team of hunters i tend to hang with.

I am the perpetual noob.

edit: @the_badger: Yup, that one's been on my list for a while. I'll probably do some more traditional farming when I'm done with SMG2.

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Amorous_Badger

Machu wrote:

Oh well, like you say, a few days off will do me good. I just hate falling behind the awesome team of hunters i tend to hang with.

I am the perpetual noob.

What's worse is I might catch you up!
(HR 19 and counting..)

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

Machu

Now that's scary!

Rawr!

Amorous_Badger

I might put an hour in now, just to narrow that gap a little before the footy starts.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

Machu

OMG it's like a drug! I'm so tempted to join you! D:

I'm gonna get some chicken soup instead. Untitled

Rawr!

Amorous_Badger

Machu wrote:

OMG it's like a drug! I'm so tempted to join you! D:

I'm gonna get some chicken soup instead. Untitled

I'm on a Rathian grind....

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

Fuzzy

I think its going to be a game that ill play every few weeks or so and remember why i like the game. i didnt play it for a week (got sick of some of the people online) but jumped back on it yesterday and really enjoying it again.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Machu

I'll do my urgent quest, then I'll take a break.

edit: @Ed_Ben_&_Chris: Sorry I disappeared on you guys last night, stuff happened.

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

kaioblivion

MH3 ID: R82H9J
Name: Kaio
Wiispeak: No
CC pro: yes
Keyboard: No
MH3 ID: R8A22R

currently HR 13 happy to play with anyone!

Wii Address: 0436 – 1789 – 4051 – 8247
Mario Kart Wii FC 4297 – 1221 – 0332
Onslaught FC: 3659 – 9999 – 7111
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 3223 – 6704 – 5540
Rock Band 2 FC: 1146 – 0828 – 9724
Mario Kart DS FC: 0603 – 8470 – 9459
Monster ...

Chris720

Machu wrote:

I'll do my urgent quest, then I'll take a break.

edit: @Ed_Ben_&_Chris: Sorry I disappeared on you guys last night, stuff happened.

Don't let it happen again! Lol.

I always alternate games. Play one for too long and it gets stale... Like my dads feet... X_X

I already have my Low Rank Quru set at 321 defense! And not upgrading anytime soon, I might get Rathian+ set though.

MH3 is an amazing game! But after a while farming for that one ore it gets frustrating and tedious. But its so addictive!

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

HolyMackerel

JayArr wrote:

One day you just wake up and realize you have killed enough monsters. I recommend you take a break too. Those monsters aren't going anywhere.

Also, don't worry about falling behind in HR. After HR 51 it's all comsmetic. It's just a meaningless number that doesn't prove anything.

Too true. I could see this coming at around HR 20, which is when I started asking those HR 100+ guys what happens after you get all the 6* quests. They said... nothing. I figured that after you finish your final urgent/finish all the quests/get all the armour sets it's basically an on-and-off game where you play when you want to but don't play as much as you did when you had actual goals to achieve.

Also @Machu thanks for reminding me about the high rank armour sets. I keep warning everyone in-game to not bother with the Jhen set since they'll be getting significantly better armour soon but they dont listen. I'll include it in the guide I'm writing up.

HolyMackerel

Chris720

I keep seeing these dang 100+ HR guys... I mean seriously, are they no lives or what?

Even when you reach 51, you have a lot to do. Like get get the whole Jho set, Alatreon set etc.

But I have to agree, once you've done every quest it'll starting getting pointless... Shame really... Need more quests... And not Event Quests, most of them just suck...

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Aviator

Im coming online about now to do all the gathering quests that have been left. If you want to join for some grinding, come along!

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.