Online Gaming Forum

Topic: (EU)Monster Hunter Tri

Showing 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,481

AuthorMessage

Amorous_Badger

1,281. Posted:

I think that was the most entertaining night's hunt I've had for a while, Id not previously touched the arena levels, it's a good silly way to try out new weapons. Definitely going to give the lance a proper try-out. AND I've finally completed(and nearly maxed) my Rathling gun frame!

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

AuthorMessage

RetroRich

1,282. Posted:

I have 11 days off! Anyone likely to be firing this up in the near future?

RetroRich

AuthorMessage

Fuzzy

1,283. Posted:

@Retro - I've got Monday and Tuesday free so I'll join for a hunt. I'll let you know when it's closer.
Why are you hunting for? I'm up for anything?

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

AuthorMessage

RetroRich

1,284. Posted:

I need a few things to finnish off my armor collection. Cant remember everything, but I know I need talons of low and high rank giggi for a start.

RetroRich

AuthorMessage

Chris720

1,285. Posted:

I'll fire up... but with the prospect of me buying new 3DS games... I have a feeling my Wii games will be getting dumped for some money... the 3DS is so amazing!

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720

AuthorMessage

Amorous_Badger

1,286. Posted:

I might be about for a little while tomorrow afternoon, but it looks like being a busy weekend and I'm not one to waste the sunshine grinding Uragaan parts!

Might be about in the week though, quite possibly with a NEW melee character.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

AuthorMessage

RetroRich

1,287. Posted:

Demon, you seem to have been thoroughly converted. You were sceptical about it when I got mine (something about going blind wasn't it), but now you love it. Cool, I'm pleased you are enjoying it so much. What games are you getting? I want to flash kick you to oblivion on SSFIV! And don't be trading MHTri in, trade in Asphalt and Rayman. What about Conduit 2?

Anyway, seems some people are still up for a bit of a hunt, so post when you are going on.

RetroRich

AuthorMessage

Amorous_Badger

1,288. Posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm astounded by this game's ability to keepi sucking you back in.
Two weeks ago I was seriously contemplating trading it in and then had a highly entertaining night mucking about on Arene missions and I'm all keen again. The fact that I've been on a lucky run this week helps as well(two Uragaan cutes, 3 rubies of various kinds and some commendations) means that I'm back to near-Animal Crossing levels of obsession again.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

AuthorMessage

Chris720

1,289. Posted:

@Rich You know I won't let you do that until I've got some practice in. ;) Then you can flash kick me and piledrive me into the ground as much as you like. :P

I'll keep Rayman and Asphalt, those two are the BEST games I got with my bundle. Dinosaurs will be going out the window as soon as possible. I'm not sure about Splinter Cell, it seems to be a good little "sneak-around-the-shadows" game but the controls are all over the place. Touchscreen to change weps/grenades, circle pad to move, X/Y/B/A to move the camera and L/R to attack with either melee or an equipped item.

I'm trying to hunt down Ridge Racer and SSFIV, which I'll probably get from trading in some Wii games I don't play.

AuthorMessage

RetroRich

1,290. Posted:

@Badger. I know what you mean. Had a week or so off and then got sucked back in again.

@Demon. Wrong thread for this really but I have both those games. Ridge Racer is cool. People say it is easy, but I must suck cos Im strugling with some of the advanced cups.

RetroRich

AuthorMessage

Chris720

1,291. Posted:

@Rich Well... can't be as hard as Asphalt. Doing Cash Attack and Drift is hard as hell. Drift is annoying since it snaps back from drifting, and on the small courses its hard to get 50,000 within 3 laps.

Cash attack is probably the worst though, you usually need only 14-16,000, but getting it is so dam near hard, you can barely get 10,000 within 3 laps, which means you have to do a shet load of driftng. D:

I might hop on now and play with you guys. :) If any of you are on anyways.

AuthorMessage

Nayr-WaR

1,292. Posted:

Im pretty sure im done with this game now, I might go on for a bit if a few of you are, but Im getting bored when playing now :/

NNID: Nayr96

AuthorMessage

Chris720

1,293. Posted:

XtremeBlitz wrote:

Im pretty sure im done with this game now, I might go on for a bit if a few of you are, but Im getting bored when playing now :/

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to agree with you. I have nothing to do in this game now, I'll post up my new charcter's ID and we can go gun only (well melee only for the gunners :P ) from now on, might be more fun in the overall scheme of things.

AuthorMessage

Fuzzy

1,294. Posted:

@Demon. It's heaps fun with the gun. Kinda like a whole new game. I've gotten to the 4* quests offline, and I think it's time to go online. Maybe tomorrow.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

AuthorMessage

Nayr-WaR

1,295. Posted:

I guess that swapping to a gunning character could help... but it's not really a change of weapon or a change of character I need, i've just done everything the game has to offer me.

NNID: Nayr96

AuthorMessage

Chris720

1,296. Posted:

@Xtreme Same here. The thing that pulled me in was the surprise of monsters and not knowing what they were gonna do next. Once you find their pattern of attacks, its easier to avoid them and once you have an all powerful weapon and armor, it gets pretty boring from there on out. :/

But I would LOVE a MH3DS... that would be so much fun.

AuthorMessage

Amorous_Badger

1,297. Posted:

I'd like to see a proper HD MH with a properly open environment free from load screens. Imagine never being able to properly run away from the (imaculately rendered) Deviljho..

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

AuthorMessage

Chris720

1,298. Posted:

I don't think any MH has a "properly open environment", most of the ones I've seen have different numbered areas. But I would love to see that, make it more fun... something like Zelda, no loading screens between areas just a massively open wide area, like Hyrule Field for example.

AuthorMessage

RetroRich

1,299. Posted:

Hey, sorry guys. Sunny weather, allotments, beer and bbq have all got in the way of playing so far. Hopefully be able to play tomorrow; once I've been into Leeds to collect my wedding ring that is.

RetroRich

AuthorMessage

Chris720

1,300. Posted:

wedding bells chime across the forums :)

I'll be playing GE for a little while now. The 3DS dragged me in, then spat me out. I need some better games on it to be honest... hopefully get SSFIV on Wednesday/Thursday... or if I can cycle the 3 miles to town I might pick them up tomorrow... but that's highly doubtful since who would want to cycle all that way?

And I'm sellings the Mario Kart Wiis. I have had about enough of that game, the constant item rape is obsurd.

Edited on by Chris720