Amorous_Badger

Router upgraded.
Connection still pants.
I'm going to have to phone them up

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

Amorous_Badger

Hmmmmm. Connection errors stopped when I stopped streaming radio from elsewhere. Hmmmm.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

Amorous_Badger

Also googling the problem seems to suggest that recruiting servers are most prone to connection troubles.

Perhaps we should consider decamping a quiet spot on Expert or Open?

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

Amorous_Badger

That shows how much attention I pay to the local settings!

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

Amorous_Badger

Possibly tomorrow.

Back on day shift for the first time in three weeks.
I'd forgotten about that 6:15 alarm call.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

Nayr-WaR

I'll probably go on, haven't played in about a week or so.

NNID: Nayr96

RetroRich

wont be on for about an hour. see you later

RetroRich

RetroRich

Wont be on now until Wednesday at the earliest. Sorry dudes

RetroRich

Amorous_Badger

I might get an hour or so in or Sunday night now, managed to down Deviljho last night with a group of high-rankers.
That Devil's Grin gun looks TASTY, but not as tasty as the armour..

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

RetroRich

Hey dudes, back frommy mini spa break and ready to kill. Anyone up for a bit of hunting over next few days?
Not tonight though for me, wanna watch the Champions League.
p.s - think I fixed the buzzing noise - for real this time.

RetroRich

Amorous_Badger

I shall probably be on on Friday.

I can feel an extended MH hiatus coming on. I was on on tuesday night and wednesday afternoon and really wasn't having much fun. Had more jollies playing 'help the n00bs' on open server than actually doing advanced takedowns with non-teamworking Advanced randoms.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

Chris720

I'm not having much fun playing this game now. Seen it all, killed it all, bought the Escadora set.

If anyones up to it, lets create new accounts and use just a gun, or in Badgers case, a melee weapon.

Starting from scratch is quite exhilerating, dunno why lol.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Fuzzy

I was planning on starting a new gunner character this weekend. I might start it tonight, but it depends on how busy I am.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

RetroRich

Boooo.
Can I switch weapon and only use weak armor but still use the same character? I will never complete my goal of collecting all the armors if I have to start again.
P.S. You cant fix a buzzing Wii without a new CD Drive.

RetroRich

Fuzzy

@Retro - you can do whatever you want. It's just something I've wanted to try out, even though I havent mastered any swords yet.

On a bowgun related note, what do people think is better- a medium or heavy bowgun? Seeing as I'm just learning the weapon, is it better to learn with the high attack one, or is the extra mobility/reload speed more helpful?

Edited on by Fuzzy

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Amorous_Badger

I'd say that when first learning it, the extra mobility you get from a medium is better, as you're MUCH more vulnerable to damage when gunning and if it can't hit you, you'll kill it eventually.
Traps are the gunner's friend, at lower levels particularly, you'll struggle to wear down some of the tougher beasties such as Barroth, Diablos and even Rathian and Rathalos, so get used to loading up on Tranq shells and Traps. Para in Solo is almost pointless, as you'll have to reload before you can start damaging and it'll probably escape before you can do that, heal is UTTERLY pointless in solo.
Cluster is one of the most useful shells you can get and wyvern claws are fairly plentiful and you can carry loads to Combine more in battle.
Oh, and try and use a non-folding frame to start with as potioning/legging it/setting traps/etc is much quicker that way too.
One more thing SNIPER GEMS, a Steadiness score of +15 with reduce your deviation to nothing which will make your life MUCH easier, as you'll always know exactly where your shots are going.

Edited on by Amorous_Badger

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.