Forums

Topic: (EU)Monster Hunter Tri

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 1,481

RetroRich

Gutted, should have checked the forums. Been getting frustrated with Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands when I could have been hunting with you gus. Im about to have lunch shortly. Will anyone be on this afternoon?

RetroRich

Nayr-WaR

Yeah i'll be on now, see you there?

NNID: Nayr96

Nayr-WaR

Yeah i'll be on now, see you there?

RetroRich

cool. See you in a bit then. I need to get about 6-8 heavy spheres if you are up for assisting me

RetroRich

Nayr-WaR

Maybe, but im not having that much fun playing this game right now... I might take a break from it.

Chris720

Lets all take a break and play MKW lol. I probably won't be on today, be too busy with TrackMania lol.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

RetroRich

OK guys, lets all take a break. I will spend a week or so catching up on games I have failed to play this year because of MHTri. We can hook up again soon hopefully with a renewed enthusiasm for hunting and finally take down ala with the guns. Happy gaming. I will post on here when I'm ready to pick up again. Beat Prince of Persia by the way. Pretty decent challenge, and only £10 from ASDA. Worth a try maybe, and you get the SNES version free! Woo.

RetroRich

Chris720

Renewing our vigor will be a good idea, especially since we've been spending WAY too long on this game now. And having a break will get us out of the house... well maybe not Rich lol.

YouTube

Amorous_Badger

I'm SUCH a trendsetter.

Even if I am lacking in willpower.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

Chris720

Been on today, and I'm enjoying gunning again... especially on Event Quests and Elder Dragon quests. Was really a lot of fun actually.

YouTube

Fuzzy

I've always been interested in gunning, but have never really given it much of a shot. What parts do you reccommend to start with? Also, after plenty of Barioth runs, I finally got my Tenebra D, which I promptly used to down Diablos with. I don't know why, but he's a lot of fun to fight.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Chris720

Learning the basics is a good start lol. The Medium Bowgun will help a lot with that.

I personally have Aquamatic "Needler" (Barrel), Agnablaster (middle bit), Aquamatic "Needler" (Stock). I have the same problem with Diablos, he's really fun to fight, especially when he's weak and tired. Here's the scenario:

Diablos digs
throw Sonic Bomb
bash his head in
Diablos escapes and digs
use Sonic Bomb
bash head in and so on, its REALLY fun!

YouTube

Amorous_Badger

Badger's Recommended Gunner's Kit

Tranq S shells
Paint S
Traps
Felvine Bombs(you'd be surprised what a difference those little fellas can make)
Deviation lowering gems(it's a lot easier to compensate for slow reloads/recoil, etc but unpredictable aiming is a nightmare), particularly if you're applying a Barrozoka barrel to your gun.

Plus all the usual potions etc.
Materials for Combining more ammo, particularly if you have an underpowered gun, you WILL run out.

And set your speed combos up to your most-used bullets.

Edited on by Amorous_Badger

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

RetroRich

Hey guys
Im about ready to start up again if anyone else is up for it. Tomorrow night, about 7.30?

RetroRich

Nayr-WaR

I guess i'll go on, see if im feeling a bit more up for it.

Amorous_Badger

I might have a little pre-pub hunt tonight from about 830ish assuming my router is behaving itself tonight..

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

HolyMackerel

xDemon720x wrote:

Diablos digs
throw Sonic Bomb
bash his head in
Diablos escapes and digs
use Sonic Bomb
bash head in and so on, its REALLY fun!

Don't bother with sonic bombs. Little known gunning tip: if you hit Diablos with Crag S and it explodes while she's underground it has the same effect as a sonic bomb.

Also when Diablos escapes from being pitfall trapped (or sonic'ed) she will fly upwards. Immediately use a flash bomb and she'll drop down, dazed. Nice combo there.

HolyMackerel

RetroRich

Diablos is a she? How can such an evil brute be a girl? I completely took one apart with my Nardoboche the other day, both horns and tail. Yeah.

Might be closer to 8 when I get on tonight.

RetroRich

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.