Online Gaming Forum

Topic: (EU)Monster Hunter Tri

Showing 1,081 to 1,100 of 1,481

AuthorMessage

RetroRich

1,081. Posted:

Right, an EPIC FAIL of my front door has just made it unlikely I will be on tonight. I cant lock it or open it. SHAT! There is some dude on his way to try and fix it, but there is a good chance he wont be able to, and its gonna cost me £65+VAT to get him out. House ownership sucks ass.

Edited on by RetroRich

RetroRich

AuthorMessage

RetroRich

1,082. Posted:

OK, scratch that, will be on about 8-8-30 after all. He cant fix it until Monday.

RetroRich

AuthorMessage

Chris720

1,083. Posted:

Wow dude, that sucks ass big time. I'm on now playing with Badger.

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

Nayr-WaR

1,084. Posted:

Gonna be going on now for a bit...

NNID: Nayr96

AuthorMessage

Chris720

1,085. Posted:

@Xtreme I'm on now, if we can talk please?

I'm sorry about what I said yesterday... and I'm willing to accept I said some stupid things...

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

RetroRich

1,086. Posted:

Sorry I didn't make it on this afternoon. Diner with the in-laws took longer than I had anticipated. Might be able to get on in an hour or so if anyone is about. I need my daily fix!

RetroRich

AuthorMessage

Amorous_Badger

1,087. Posted:

I'll be on after 8 tonight, after I've done an hour or so's offline housekeeping as I'm nearly out of potions, honey and various other herbs and stuff.

It's been a very beery weekend, so I might need to ease into things a bit.

Going to rule myself out of the Ala quest for a while as my bone husk L stocks are seriously depleted at the moment.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

AuthorMessage

RetroRich

1,088. Posted:

@Badger, see you a bit later then, I'm happy to dodge Ala too and help you get whatever you need.

RetroRich

AuthorMessage

Nayr-WaR

1,089. Posted:

Yeah i'll be on in about 30 mins...

NNID: Nayr96

AuthorMessage

Amorous_Badger

1,090. Posted:

I'm currently undecided as to wether to aim to max out the Agnablaster by spamming Aggy or continue my apparently fruitless quest for parts for the Rathling Gun.

That, or take a breath from 'los and Aggy and chase Thundacrus Rex/Blizzard Cannon parts.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

AuthorMessage

RetroRich

1,091. Posted:

About to head on.

RetroRich

AuthorMessage

Fuzzy

1,092. Posted:

Friday night I popped on for a quick hunt. Did the World Eater quest with the big Deviljho and :O he's one big monster. I think the quest was failed pretty quickly.

I left pretty soon after when the randoms were arguing trying to defend that they wwrent the "biggest noob" in the group. Seriously who cares, stupid randoms. Some people need to lighten up.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

AuthorMessage

Chris720

1,093. Posted:

@Fuzzy That's why its best to play with friends. Most randoms are so stupid, I'm actually scared to die because I know I'll get hated on...

And then if we fail the quest, they go on a "YOU NOOB" mission until everyone either gets bored and ignore hims or leaves...

Urgh... just accept defeat and move on, no point in going on and on about losing the quest, you can just do it again.

AuthorMessage

Amorous_Badger

1,094. Posted:

I find that questing with non-English speaking randoms is much more fun.

If only for he reason that if you are getting cussed out for dying, you can't tell that they are.
I actually got in with a quite good group of randoms last night a couple of good hunts for Barroth+ and the Ludruth/Lagi/Gobul event quest.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

AuthorMessage

RetroRich

1,095. Posted:

Going on at about 7.30. Are people still up for trying that super Alatreon?

I was doing some reading on the internet about the quest. We will still need to break the wings for webbings, but aparently you can get up to 4 skypiercers in the reward haul without even breaking the horns
I also uncovered few a different strategies for the wings.
1. - Sleepbomb to break the horns and keep it on the ground, then a single gunner breaks a single wing which should return a webbing sometimes, but not everytime. If both wings are broken the chance goes up loads.
2. - Use bounce bombs and bounce bomb+ to break the wings. I reckon this would take more practice than getting good at gunning though. I for one have never used a single bounce bomb in over 500 hours of play. Not sure when would be best time either, maybe when he crouches to shoot off the yellow fire swirl thing.

The super Alatreon is aparently only slightly stronger health wise, but much stronger attack wise. The warning was don't get hit, especially when he zooms across the screen.

See you later.

RetroRich

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

1,096. Posted:

Amorous+Badger wrote:

I'm currently undecided as to wether to aim to max out the Agnablaster by spamming Aggy or continue my apparently fruitless quest for parts for the Rathling Gun.

That, or take a breath from 'los and Aggy and chase Thundacrus Rex/Blizzard Cannon parts.

Agnablaster is good for explosive ammo, but it's not that good as a full set. (In fact, it's pretty much never smart to use matching sets of bowgun parts. You should check the stats and ammo types available and try to optimise them with different parts.) Rathling Gun and Rathling Gun+ are really good too. I almost always use the Rathling Gun+ barrel.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

Amorous_Badger

1,097. Posted:

HolyMackerel wrote:

Agnablaster is good for explosive ammo, but it's not that good as a full set. (In fact, it's pretty much never smart to use matching sets of bowgun parts. You should check the stats and ammo types available and try to optimise them with different parts.) Rathling Gun and Rathling Gun+ are really good too. I almost always use the Rathling Gun+ barrel.

I've seen the numbers for the Rathling Gun+, but my GOD it's just so TEDIOUS endlessly spamming 'los.
Shoot, shoot, roll, shoot, roll, shoot, reload, pick up wyvern egg, wait for it to come back, shoot, shoot, change from pierce to thunder when both wings broken...

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

AuthorMessage

Chris720

1,098. Posted:

RetroRich wrote:

I was doing some reading on the internet about the quest. We will still need to break the wings for webbings, but aparently you can get up to 4 skypiercers in the reward haul without even breaking the horns
1. - Sleepbomb to break the horns and keep it on the ground, then a single gunner breaks a single wing which should return a webbing sometimes, but not everytime. If both wings are broken the chance goes up loads.
2. - Use bounce bombs and bounce bomb+ to break the wings. I reckon this would take more practice than getting good at gunning though. I for one have never used a single bounce bomb in over 500 hours of play. Not sure when would be best time either, maybe when he crouches to shoot off the yellow fire swirl thing.

The super Alatreon is aparently only slightly stronger health wise, but much stronger attack wise. The warning was don't get hit, especially when he zooms across the screen.

See you later.

I am hopping on now and good for Super Ala!

AuthorMessage

Amorous_Badger

1,099. Posted:

xDemon720x wrote:

RetroRich wrote:

See you later.

I am hopping on now and good for Super Ala!

There's a SUPER Ala?

[fears]

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

AuthorMessage

Amorous_Badger

1,100. Posted:

RIght. One more puzzle in Layton 3 and them I'm heading for the hunt.

I may give MH3 a rest for a week or so, I'm possibly getting a little dangerously obsessed at the moment.
I just spent 30 minutes goggling ways of increasing my chances of rare drops.
For parts for armour I have no intention of forging.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7